wildwindflower

Stupid things you've done on dc

Didn't ask if a pretty stairstep hatchie I traded for was influenced correctly.

(Maybe it was, and resisted, that's always possible of course. But I should have asked at least.)

I did the same thing and it gendered wrong. Darn!

Edited by hksherra

Stupid things I've done:

1. I didn't grab old pinks/ CB vines/ CB blacks/ CB metallics when I first started

2. Quitting for more than a year. I missed one winter Holiday release, one Valentine, and both Halloween releases all because I couldn't figure out how to use the fan sites over the weekdays to get my eggs to survive into the weekend.

I relate. ;_;

The holiday I continuously kick myself for missing the most is the '10 Valentine since by that stage, I was pretty familiar with DC and easily could've made the event if I had been on. Would've made trying to get a 2G black female alt from alt sweetling now so much easier as I could keep breeding myself until I got 'em. ><

Also agree with the CB vines and blacks. Didn't really see the old pinks or metallics when I joined, unfortunately.

Edited by Varekis

Stupid things... Hm....

-Quitting for random times. Ever since I've joined, I've missed all of the Holiday dragons.

-Freezing one of my Dorkfaces.

-In the beginning, with my first set of 4 eggs, I didn't know how to raise them. They ended up dying, unfortunately.

Not collecting silvers and golds like crazy when I first joined. I should have focused on them, instead of all the other random eggs I grabbed!

One thing I really regret is not taking more time to think about lineages before breeding my old dragons. I used to absolutely love huge messy lineages, so I would purposefully breed badly and now most of my dragons have absolutely terrible lineages!

Went looking around the cave just to see what was around, even though I had trade links up and was one slot away from being locked. Clicked on (and got) a Paper egg on reflex.

orz (Had to drop a Sunstone I'd bred with the intention of keeping.)

Something I did just now:

I sat at the AP and mashed F6 for about a minute before looking down at the keyboard.

._.;

I got a Purple Ridgewing egg I was supposed to freeze as a gendered hatchie, but I forgot to because I didn't remember I already have a CB female Purple Ridgewing. ._. Oh well, at least I like the female Ridgewings a lot.

I'm such an idiot just bred my bronze tinsel when I was egglocked by accident and wouldn't you know it he produces a bronze for the first time in months. >.<;

Accidentally refreshed over the only CB metallic I've seen in a long time and landed myself a nice fog instead.

I used to be good at catching things, but I don't know where that's gone.

This on top of a stressful week? Please excuse me while I go weep in the corner like the useless noob I am.

Making myself not catch CB trios when they were releasing, i figured they would be common like all the other releases.

TJ!!! I've been waiting a whole week for my neglected experiment and you change the time!!! This is what happened to my last experiment!

I have this stupid reflex of hitting F5 as soon as possible if I see something rare in the Cave... <.<' Ok usually I have the time to click it anyway (and miss, of course), but sometimes my cursor was nowhere near so I swing my mouse around, click frantically around the egg and when I finally hit it, it's already refreshed a couple of seconds ago, leaving me with something random.

I will then proceed to try and bite it for the off-chance of it getting kicked into the AP and instead it dies. 5 hours turned into 24 hours, 'yay'. dry.gif

accepting a wrong offer when trading... it happened several times. I'm just mixing them up when in a hurry.

Argh! Bred an egg for a personal project and didn't realize I was locked! Off it went to the AP sad.gif

Expected to get worthwhile offers for a 2nd gen. PB alt. vine. Nice to see they continue to be worthless even though alt. blacks are far more common these days and still get traded nicely.

Always forgetting about ND experiments, so I have no more time for ER'ing and I have to abandon them... dry.gif

Was going to abandon egg.

Accidentally choose and execute KILL function ;_;

Forgot Christmas was coming and that I needed to save my Incubates.

Ah, well, I needed more reds anyway...