wildwindflower

Stupid things you've done on dc

I killed an egg because I didn't want to abandon it and now I'm egg locked for 24 hours until an egg hatches or naturally dies. And I need to get another mint egg soon.

After months of attempting to breed a 2G gold, I finally got an egg. Alas, I have been so busy with real life that I forgot to influence it and it just had to misgender.

Hatchling is still loved but who knows how long it would take to successfully produce another egg...

Thinking I could post a trade on the Dragon Market without attracting the attentions of some no-life jelly-pants. rolleyes.gif

Deciding that I'm only hunting CB Xenos right now, suddenly egglocked with everything except them... Why cannot I control myself?

Bred a wrong pairing because I had one parent mistakenly logged as CB. And this is their second kid, I didn't notice at all the first time around. I hadn't had a problem with this before and now I've done it twice in two weeks, with two different projects. dry.gif

Edited by Gryphonic

Desert biome, late at night:

Silver egg next to a mageia egg - grab the mageia, go back to see if I could get the silver for fun (knew I was egglocked) and I actually would've gotten it! I'm a dodo. tongue.gif

After all this time, I thought I have all commons. But nope, STILL no alt Undine. I never got around to getting a set for completion.

And speaking of Undines, I've incubated a 4d 2h old egg because I'm too impatient. Go, me.

I missed Festival of Eggs AND Valentines Day, I didn't think once of checking. I even visited the forums a few times during this period.

Congrats to me for being the biggest loser on all of DC. laugh.gif

Edited by Toodles

I've been trying to breed a mate for this for a few a while now and I've not been getting any SWs from my pairs. I tried today, got Antareans (again) and APd them. Then I decided to switch the pairings a bit and try to get an SW from a pair that I had already gotten Antarean out of, and of course they delivered! Now, if I had just thought of this a minute earlier I would already have the 2Gs to continue this lineage, but now I have to wait a week to try again.

I've been trying to breed a mate for this for a few a while now and I've not been getting any SWs from my pairs. I tried today, got Antareans (again) and APd them. Then I decided to switch the pairings a bit and try to get an SW from a pair that I had already gotten Antarean out of, and of course they delivered! Now, if I had just thought of this a minute earlier I would already have the 2Gs to continue this lineage, but now I have to wait a week to try again.

Tried for a sibling of this: https://dragcave.net/lineage/qTWYA for you and got the wrong breed, of course laugh.gif Can try again next week!

Tried for a sibling of this: https://dragcave.net/lineage/qTWYA for you and got the wrong breed, of course laugh.gif Can try again next week!

SWs are clearly hard to get a hold of right now biggrin.gif But thank you, I really appreciate that!

More stupid things, forgetting to influence the pretty lineages I caught off the AP.

I bred two dragons that I was doing for a lineage (really simple, just a mint thing but I like it) and I was egg locked so it was auto abandoned!

Edit: on the egg's page it says:

(The owner of this egg is accepting aid from others.)

So I guess someone picked it up? Except it's still at 7 days.

Edited by Peachycupcake525

It shows that message even if it has no owner. Which message it is depends on the egg's last owner's setting for it - yours, in that case.

More on the Forums than DC itself but uh

I only JUST figured out how to make the "local time" on my profile accurate :s

Breeding up some second gens for a new lineage, had an "Oh noes, not another Sapphire egg" moment. Well, DUH! That'll happen if you accidentally pure-breed your Sapphire instead of pairing it with the Red-Finned Tidal you meant to breed it with.

Forgot how the AP worked and waited for a few hours.... for an egg that already went through.

How does the AP work? hehah I still may or may not know

Edited by pollyfirstfirst

How does the AP work? hehah I still may or may not know

I think they're referring to the fact that eggs dropped in the AP used to add a day to their time, and it no longer does. So they camped out after it was already gone.

Got a silver egg and influenced it to be female without realizing it had a beautiful checker pattern. of all silver MALES.....

mad.gif

should have stopped collecting Vamps when it was first threatened they might be changed ... dry.gif

wonder how long it will take to remove/replace the uglified updated version ..

if only so called changes did NOT affect the ones we already have ... grrrrrr

would be nice if folks stopped tinkering with existing dragons and finished the descriptions instead !!!!!!!!!!!

Grabbed a common egg while looking for the new ones. I have to wait five hours to get rid of it.

I completely forgot about all of my april release eggs that I caught 3 weeks ago (I was on holiday)

Luckily the dead eggs are off my scroll, but it was unpleasant and made me feel guilty to see 6 dead eggs everytime I checked my scroll.

Grabbed a common egg while looking for the new ones. I have to wait five hours to get rid of it.

Me too - I managed to accidentally grab four other eggs (one of them being an Ice dragon which wasn't a bad catch though) instead of the new ones. blink.gif I'll just have to wait another hour to be able to hunt for the new ones again. I'm just hoping they'll keep dropping until then.

I mis-clicked on a Kingcrowne due to the fact that I wasn't familiar enough with it's description. Then I missed several new releases since I believed I had used up all of my 7 egg slots. I have 8. rolleyes.gif

This is going to take some getting use to.

Edit:

And to finish off, i've been sorting my scroll for any hidden codes hidden behind names and found this wonderful CB Ember with the code Pomuo I didn't even know I had. And guess what? I froze it. sad.gif Two years ago. For no apparent reason. Why do I do this to myself?

Edited by lovecats99

Picked up an egg from the AP seconds ago at 4 Days. Instinctively incubated it. *facepalms* I wasted an INCUBATE?! >-<

mad.gif

should have stopped collecting Vamps when it was first threatened they might be changed ... dry.gif

wonder how long it will take to remove/replace the uglified updated version ..

if only so called changes did NOT affect the ones we already have ... grrrrrr

would be nice if folks stopped tinkering with existing dragons and finished the descriptions instead !!!!!!!!!!!

But they look the same o: same pose and everything, just made in a better quality.

Except the hatchlings but the adults are the same just more popped out instead of flat