wildwindflower

Stupid things you've done on dc

I caught a brand-new CB Zyu in the desert and egglocked myself. In the hopes that it would be auto-abandoned and thus free up a spot on my scroll, I had a vampire bite it, but somehow it never crossed my mind that I had an egg that was just about to hatch anyway.

The new egg was killed. I could have had two free egg slots in five hours, but now the dead egg will take up space for 24 censorkip.gif hours.

Someone else could probably have used a CB blue Zyu, and I could have saved myself the guilt that comes with killing an egg. And it was all because I was too impatient to wait a few censorkip.gif hours.

EDIT: Yesterday or the day before, I had a Red incubate a newly-caught CB egg, hoping that would instantly cancel the cooldown timer. It didn't, and I was still stuck with the egg for five hours.

And I've caught two CB Kingcrowne eggs, mistaking them for rares.

Edited by Wintermute

I overslept and missed the window to get a second silver Lunar Herald breeding out of a project I really need a bloodswap for before Halloween. I got no offers last time. (Male Marrow, female silver Lunar)

Edited by Gryphonic

My stupid thing probably won't seem too stupid, but I misclicked on a Paper when I was aiming to get a Gemshard in the Jungle. Dammit, Paper!

I overslept and missed the window to get a second silver Lunar Herald breeding out of a project I really need a bloodswap for before Halloween. I got no offers last time. (Male Marrow, female silver Lunar)

I also regularly miss the 8th day of silver or indigo Lunar breeding ...

Hunting for eggs in the Alpine. Saw a CB Subset; got the overburdened message because I had picked up a Kyanite from the AP and forgotten about it. I think it doesn't matter, one of my eggs is ER, I can wait until it hatches. So it does and I go hunting again - CB Astrapi, same message. Now I was hatchie locked *facepalms*

Switching computers some months back and not transferring over any breeding notes. -_-

Finally bred an egg I was after - but by now I don't actually remember what I planned on doing with it.

Whenever I look at a dragon that can breed in 4 days, I think "cool! I just have to wait one more hour". Dragcave has conditioned me to believe 3 days and 23 hours = zero :lol:

Edited by luxrayx

Once when I was building a spiral lineage I somehow thought that a 2G dragon would successfully add to the spiral and continue it like a CB dragon would but I was obviously wrong! What was I thinking. :lol:

Still trying to find the right thing to checker male green coppers with, since I want to bring out the warm fuschia tones in their wings.  "How about Mutamores?   ....Oh."

stupid is what I am doing now

seeing if my signature is finally how I want it

and now .. even though I can't see my sig .. I can't delete it ... :(

Edited by orphaned

Finally something hatched and I got one last egg slot to use for today. Decided on something to breed, loaded the breeding page, fertilized the dragon. Just checking the cave one last time before breeding, in case a cool code comes up.

A perfect name code! There's something weird about this name, but I better click it before anybody else does!

*looks at code box*

... This "O" looks suspiciously narrow. Oh no. Oh no.

*copies code to text file*

The O is a zero. That's what wasn't quite right with that code. No more DC for me today, I'm locked until tomorrow with something I can't even use for anything. :(

I bred my only female Hellfire to the dragon next to my male Horse. I was trying for a hybrid, but I'll have to try again next week.

my track record with fertility actually producing an egg is not great. however, fertility has been a huge help with not getting refusals. so i used the bsa on a 2g silver i recently traded for. i knew i was egg locked but i decided to test breed right away anyhow, just to put my mind at ease about being able to produce checkers someday.

naturally, that day was today, and the silver auto-abandoned. (i only hope someone who is also doing silver x mistletoe checkers will find it!)

Since I registered on Dragon Cave in 2011, I would've had good chances to catch some CB holidays (especially Valentines and Halloweens) but for some reason I didn't keep up with the news on the forum back then.

Now, this is one of those didn't think ahead ones... I got this beautiful alt undine once, don't even know when, and found her a breeding partner to set up a pretty lineage. And it looks beautiful! An alt to stand in for the Ribbondancer, right? Great. 

I just realized that I have no idea how to influence future eggs, since it would be male if regular or female if alt, haha - this is going to be an interesting guessing game 

33 minutes ago, Pendragon said:

I just realized that I have no idea how to influence future eggs, since it would be male if regular or female if alt, haha - this is going to be an interesting guessing game 

I'd say, influence them all female on the low chance that it *might* alt, and when you got this done, influence anything afterwards male.

Failing to check my checker tab in my spreadsheet during spring, thus failing to breed a needed 3rd gen Spring from Pink/Spring.

Ah, well, there's always next spring :)

I just view bombed myself :rolleyes:

Wasn't paying attention and put fresh eggs in click sites. Came back to three sick eggs. Glad I checked tonight and not tomorrow. I could have killed them. 

Influenced an egg wrong, didn't realize it until it had already gendered (had to check the action log to make sure it was influenced incorrectly and not just a fluke). It was a gold Lunar Herald, so I'll have to wait awhile to try again. The last one I needed for a line, too.

Wanted eggs to hatch faster so I used Earthquake. Killed 4 out of 6 eggs and they were pretty good eggs. I'm still not recovered after 2 days.

I grabbed a lovely lineaged egg from the Notice Board, put it in AOND without checking its days left, and then got caught up in work-related stuff soon afterward, forgetting about DC until today. When I checked this morning, I realized that the egg had died of sickness overnight. I'm so sorry for my carelessness, Yhme! :(

Edited by Wintermute