wildwindflower

Stupid things you've done on dc

Not necessarily doing something stupid, but rather not doing something that makes it stupid. I didn't realize I could Summon another Sino. How long the Summon action was available I do not know...

Made a whiny post in the bad luck thread. I apologize for it, it was really stupid. Some users I have an IOU with thought it could probably be about them, but it's targeted towards inactive players who have not replied with an update for months. Either way, I wasn't very clear, but in no way did I mean to pressure anyone with their side of the trade. I was talking about 2G prize trades and I know they take a long time - I have no issue waiting, I am patient. I only meant I felt disappointed with users vanishing out of the blue and having no update or response on what would happen to our trade after fulfilling my end.

Either way, I am sorry for coming off as rude or having appeared to place the blame on anyone at all. If anything, it's my fault for taking on IOUs so readily, for I am well aware of the risks they entail. I should not have publicly complained about delicate matters such as one-on-one trades. 

I just misclicked a Stripe seconds before the one-hour drop, simply because I had a music video on in another tab and suddenly felt the urge to click to the rhythm of that ABBA song. :blush: Definitely a first.

Not naming and registering my z's as soon as they hatch ... Of many I don't have a clue anymore who I got them from :(

^ I'm guilty of that. Actually, I have about 800 dragons right now that I need to register, and I'm honestly thinking about collecting but not registering. That makes no sense...

I just realised that Incubate is a thing. So I guess: not doing that for the last five years.:mellow:

5 hours ago, Petra1999 said:

I just realised that Incubate is a thing. So I guess: not doing that for the last five years.:mellow:

Well, that's definitely not good! o.O

Mine was not remembering to put her up for trade until the silver Lunar breeding period was over.  At this rate I don't think I'm going to find a bloodswap before Halloween. :(

i keep egg locking myself and then checking the biomes and then i always get disappointed because i miss cool stuff.

i need to stop doing that lol

Out of the kindness of my cold, dead heart I glomped 4 people today, each with a CB Silver. One of those people was not very appreciative, almost rude in their "thank you" response, like my gift wasn't good enough for them, and it kind of made me feel crappy... That incident won't stop me from gifting in the future, but it's stupid of me because I shouldn't assume that everyone is going to be all sunshine and rainbows when receiving a random gift. :(

Panicked when I couldn't see my eggs at the top of the scroll, no matter how much I refreshed.  Then I remembered I was filtering for unnamed dragons/hatchlings so I could catch up on naming(finally).

Naming half of my dragons "dumb" things, then changing my mind a week later and wondering if it's worth going back and editing them all...

Changed my naming scheme about a million times already. Thinking of changing it again now...heh

Yeah, yeah, I didn't changed my naming scheme for ages (since I start playing), but did it five times during last month. Eventually returned to the first change, which made names a little more consistent. Trying to distinguish CB and lineaged and even messy and nicely lineaged (and checkers and stairs and so many other types of lineages) wasn't really good idea. At least I have only around 50 named lineaged dragons.

might be easier to sort them in groups instead of by name? I dunno, I never had a consistent name scheme XD

OT: Well, spreadsheet seems to be the only reasonable solution that covers my needs. Now I have consistent suffixes for names that were already taken, that's all.

My most stupid thing was not playing DC for 4 years, not even during holidays. I think my greatest loss were missed CB Grave, Desipis, Solstice and Mistletoe! And even at maximum catching speed, I can't reach my scroll goal for commons and uncommons (3 CB pairs, for hybrids 3 2nd gen unrelated pairs from my own parents) until April-May 2018.

Edited by Anemonis

I feel like I did a "stupid thing" by setting my scroll-goal numbers so high. When I (finally, this year) actually set my personal scroll goals, I was looking at a few breeds that I had tons of, and thought that 20 of each breed didn't seem so hard. I did not take into account holiday breeds... I need roughly 90 more Holiday/Christmas dragons all together. Haven't calculated Valentines/Halloween yet. If I can get 40 Holiday dragons per breeding season (that's the most I've ever gotten in one breeding season), that's three years. Add the new breed each year, and... Ugggghhh. (and yet I stubbornly do not want to change my scroll goal)

23 hours ago, FoxintheBox said:

Froze CBs while I still needed CB pairs of that breed.

Tbh I find it way easier to get the Frozen Hatchling sets out of the way before obtaining the amount of CB Adults my scroll requires. XD

1 hour ago, Seahorse said:

Only just realising that Baikalas are two-headed dragons...

Oh, believe me, I thought they were single-headed for the longest time myself...

Forgot that I was egg-locked while breeding my eggs, and so bred a Shiny from a checker I liked to the AP. sleep.gif

At least I already have a shiny from that pair but I would have liked to use it to trade for some more hard-to-find Halloween mates. I hope someone out there likes Silvers from Undines.

Edited by lovecats99