dark_kitsune

Zombie Success stories

I think that this year I'm going to try for more of the unique tombstones, since I only have one from the Forest biome. Ungendered zombies sound amazing, but maybe that's a project for next year; for now, I think I still have to collect some dragons from the various biomes, since I'm reluctant to give up the ones currently on my scroll. We'll see how it goes, though.

unsure.gif Um... okay... so...

I've known about zombies for years and even tried getting one on Halloween once. Looking through this thread I'm a bit uncertain/confused.

So... You have to kill the hatchling or adult on Halloween and try to revive and/or you can kill a hatchling or adult before Halloween 0-13 days before Halloween and try to revive it on Halloween?

Also, you can go after frozen hatchlings you already have?

Sorry, I know these have most certainly been answered, but for me to understand things I often need one-on-one and confirmation that how I interpreted things is correct. sad.gif <--I'm kind of slow.

Edited by Nyxity

Yes, that's all correct smile.gif

Also, you can let hatchies die by fogging them and letting them run out of time 0-13 days before Halloween, they don't take a kill slot then and you can save your kill slots for adults.

Thank you very much for your reply!

I just stumbled upon... um... *Looks back* "Zombie Advice" thread and was suddenly uncertain if I posted too soon here and then became even more confused than before... *Sobs*

Out of my five, he lived (because of what he was dressed in) rolleyes.gif

He turned.

Two revived successfully and I lost two.

This guy was one of the ones who was revived sucessfully....but his mother, not so much!

This year shall be my first year and I hope it goes successfully!

I want to have at least 14 cb hatchlings from all biomes run out of time and have me zombify maybe at least 2 or 3.

I have a full set of 7 hatchies from various biomes in the fog of death right now. And another set of low time eggs waiting to meet their doom.

I've marked down 12 CB adults to kill, hopefully not many dodges. I'll have backups too.

I feel too guilty if I plan to kill a lineaged dragon because of respect for the breeders rolleyes.gif Even if its my own lineage. NOE

One of my pretty lineage dragons produced a pretty egg and when it grew up, someone marked it as future zombie fodder and I just died internally sleep.gif

One of my pretty lineage dragons produced a pretty egg and when it grew up, someone marked it as future zombie fodder and I just died internally sleep.gif

Might be a compliment? Some people really like to have unbreedables like NDs and Zombies with beautiful lineages.

Might be a compliment? Some people really like to have unbreedables like NDs and Zombies with beautiful lineages.

Could be, I guess xd.png Hope it does actually zombify though. None of my dragons have zombie offspring, obviously because I haven't been around long enough for any Halloweens.

I know if the dragon already had a name, and it dies (unsuccessfuly), then its name gets lost forever. I'm not sure if this has already been answered, but can you name a dragon after they are zombified?

Edit: Thank you Eclipseheart!

Edited by chrispy

I'm trying to figure out when I can off some dragons so I can try turning them while retaining the greatest number of kill slots. tongue.gif I'm attempting to bring my zombie X guardian checker out another gen. I'm attempting to get a guardian from another line of brimstones (to be killed) X guardian out too but my dragons just aren't producing eggs.

I'm trying to figure out when I can off some dragons so I can try turning them while retaining the greatest number of kill slots. tongue.gif I'm attempting to bring my zombie X guardian checker out another gen. I'm attempting to get a guardian from another line of brimstones (to be killed) X guardian out too but my dragons just aren't producing eggs.

Nice lineage! I'm working on a Tombstone x Stripe lineage, will be lucky if I can get to 3G this year - I need my CBs to throw a couple more 2G Blacks, just in case.

I know if the dragon already had a name, and it dies (unsuccessfuly), then its name gets lost forever. I'm not sure if this has already been answered, but can you name a dragon after they are zombified?

Yes, you can smile.gif

Is their a certain timezone it has to be midnight for?

Timings on DC are based on EST (GMT-5).

I have 10 dragons waiting for the knife and 8 fogballs already. Hope I can collect a few more before crunch time. smile.gif

Timings on DC are based on EST (GMT-5).

I have 10 dragons waiting for the knife and 8 fogballs already. Hope I can collect a few more before crunch time. smile.gif

What's a fogball

What's a fogball

A fogged hatchie. They can't grow into adults when they're fogged, so fogging them until they run out of time is a convenient way to kill them without actually having to use the Kill action, which can then be saved for adults and frozen hatchies.

Do hatchlings that you've fogged until death take up a slot in your number of growing creatures after they've died? As far as I'm aware, the 24-hour wait only happens with egg/hatchlings you've manually killed (along with vamp/eq failures). Is this correct?

Four successful kills, but the last one dodged.  Now I have to wait a day, right?

No, you're good smile.gif You will just have to kill a different dragon if you can, since the one who dodged will keep dodging for another 24 hours.

If I am understanding correctly - you could wait 24 hours, but then you would only have 4 killslots reopen on the 31st. The last slot wouldn't be available again until 11/01, leaving you with...nine possible zombie adults on Halloween, instead of ten.

Edited by aewnin

I killed my 5 already and had 5-6 dodgers. The dodgers shall face the blade again in 2 weeks.

I hope it works tongue.gif one of my killed ones is a cheese.

No, you're good smile.gif You will just have to kill a different dragon if you can, since the one who dodged will keep dodging for another 24 hours.

If I am understanding correctly - you could wait 24 hours, but then you would only have 4 killslots reopen on the 31st. The last slot wouldn't be available again until 11/01, leaving you with...nine possible zombie adults on Halloween, instead of ten.

Oh well...I guess I'll only have 4 kill slots on Halloween then...cuz I forgot to check this until now. xd.png Good news is...the dodger didn't dodge this time. They were all frozen s1 hatchlings anyway, I already have some adults from other years. Doesn't hurt to have more, but I went for more s1's this time, I'm not nearly fast enough to get s1 zombies by timing-out.

five successful kills and one dodge

luckily i raised a TON of ZF

so lets hope i can make all five zombies

also i heard that you can kill five on the 17th then five more on Halloween if you time it out correctly is that true?

because if so all the other dragons with ZF in the name might wanna start running now (its weird they haven't figured it out yet)

Edited by blockEdragon

First batch of hatchies are now gravestones. Just caught my next lot of CB's from the AP, and will be able to do the same tomorrow. Got a nice variety of all biomes! biggrin.gif

ETA: I have four ungendered up to now! biggrin.gif

Edited by quinney

That's a beautiful lineage, antennakit. wub.gif

I had no success this year, which is worse than last year; last year I had one successfully turn. On the bright side, I was able to successfully revive a hatchling, which has never happened before.

I'll try again next year.