sailing101

Portal 2

Really? I thought Xbox and Mac could play with other platforms too...

Edited by caramba2654

Great music video for Exile Villify.

OMG, I just thought of an insane theory!

Remember from Portal 1, during the escape, when Chell makes it to the room with the defective turrets, GLaDOS says, "You're not a good person. You know that, right? Good people don't end up here."? Well this theory is that, the government, noticing Aprature's high mortality rates, decides to help out by sending in convicted criminals for test subjects. What if Chell killed her parents? And what if GLaDOS unofficially "adopted" Chell? It would make sense for a computer with an unusual desire to kill to connect with a killer. Of course this wouldn't change the fact that Chell was a candidate for testing, even if she was found to be too stubborn. The worst thing that GLaDOS ever called Chell was fat. Surely an omnipiant supercomputer could come up with far worse insults if she really hated someone. And GLaDOS never denies the fact that Chell was adopted.

Food for thought?

Amazing video. It perfectly captures the mindset of Rattman.

Also, your theory is actually something to think about :o

Great music video for Exile Villify.

Remember from Portal 1, during the escape, when Chell makes it to the room with the defective turrets, GLaDOS says, "You're not a good person. You know that, right? Good people don't end up here."? Well this theory is that, the government, noticing Aprature's high mortality rates, decides to help out by sending in convicted criminals for test subjects. What if Chell killed her parents? And what if GLaDOS unofficially "adopted" Chell? It would make sense for a computer with an unusual desire to kill to connect with a killer. Of course this wouldn't change the fact that Chell was a candidate for testing, even if she was found to be too stubborn. The worst thing that GLaDOS ever called Chell was fat. Surely an omnipiant supercomputer could come up with far worse insults if she really hated someone. And GLaDOS never denies the fact that Chell was adopted.

Food for thought?

... that's one of the less-ridiculous ridiculous theories. It would tie in to the idea that Chell is a convict (someone made the connection between her jumpsuit and the classic prison work outfit).

I just recently completed a run of Portal 1 (with drinking game rules, no less. About 1 liter of lemon-lime soda and two liters and change of water), and started up Portal 2... I'm going to try and finish the little mini-fanfic I've had going on xd.png

As for videos,

is my favorite for Exile Vilify. I've also really started to grow fond of the Chell/Ratman contrast pictures and such...

Today I was extremely bored and got every cup in that one Rattmann den and got them into the test chamber.

Food for thought?

Very possible, but isn't the common theory that Chell is the daughter of Caroline (and possibly Cave Johnson), due to the massive mutant potato in the bring-your-daughter-to-work-day being signed 'Chell', the portrait of him and Caroline (who also happens to be Latino) which shows a girl in the corner (although that could easily just be a statue) and the disputed line in the turret opera, which could be either ciel or Chell, although regardless that song is clearly sung to Chell and says "ah, my little girl."

Although... throughout Portal 2 GLaDOS does call Chell a murderer and mentions killing a lot, to the point of obsessiveness.

AAAAAHHHH GUIZE part 3 of the soundtrack is out and it has Want You Gone and Cara Mia Addio (the full thing, little under a minute longer than was in the game).

/is excited and goes to listen while not being able to beat Portal 1

AAAAAHHHH GUIZE part 3 of the soundtrack is out and it has Want You Gone and Cara Mia Addio (the full thing, little under a minute longer than was in the game).

/is excited and goes to listen while not being able to beat Portal 1

WHAT YES YES YES YES

Yay, downloaded biggrin.gif This is SO AWESOME. I was... I was NOT expecting Cara Mia or Want You Gone to be on there, honestly, I was expecting those to be paid for or something. And... and Reconstructing Science and... fffff. Valve owns my soul. Again.

ETA: What do you know...

Edited by Dr. Paine

Can't play it, but I just watched the ending to the Peer Review DLC.

... Folks, you can't make this censorkip.gif up. At all. And it was fantastic.

Right now the rumour seems to be that Chell killed her parents who were Cave Johnston and Caroline. Blahblah blah, fit all the rest in here that you know, blah blahblah.

Its a good game, and I dont have any problems with that story rumour. Loved it !

Cave Johnson died of cancer and Caroline was forced into GLaDOS...

Hmm good point, see you are obviously one of these gamers that actually follow the storyline AND remember it. I follow, but can never remember the storyline !! Lol.

Does anyone want to play the Peer Review with me?

EDIT: I just posted this and I got the "Steam finished downloading Portal 2" message... BTW the challenge modes are too easy!

Edited by caramba2654

Cave Johnson died of cancer and Caroline was forced into GLaDOS...

Wait, didn't Cave die of mercury poisoning and/or lunar poison from ingesting moon dust?

Cancer induced by trying to use mercury to cure lunar poison, but whatever.

I've just done something so stupid, it's worthy of this,

user posted image

While messing around with the Developer Console, I accidentally entered the command, unbind all.

Do not enter this command!!

It deleted every control from the game other than the mouse movement. Now I need help figuring out how to reprogram the game controls. If any of you know of any way to fix this, PLEASE let me know!

Jesus. Unbind all? You'll have to rebind each key individually, and I have no idea what any of the commands are.

user posted image