sailing101

Portal 2

There really was a cake

I always hated the 'cake is a lie' in the end it wasn't

She told us the truth D:

I agree. The cake existed, at least.

One thing I love to rant about is, in one of GLaDOS's lines from the first game, she promises cake and grief counseling. At the end of the game, we saw the cake, but there was no grief counseling!

The grief counseling was a lie, not the cake. >8C

.... But I guess that doesn't have the same ring to it that cake does.

*resumes hiding~*

I agree. The cake existed, at least.

One thing I love to rant about is, in one of GLaDOS's lines from the first game, she promises cake and grief counseling. At the end of the game, we saw the cake, but there was no grief counseling!

The grief counseling was a lie, not the cake. >8C

.... But I guess that doesn't have the same ring to it that cake does.

*resumes hiding~*

Well that's not necessarily true. For all you know, the cores and the Weighted Companion Cube present in that room were the grief counselors.

Just gonna say, Portal and Portal 2 are my favourite games, ever. biggrin.gif

Although working out who's Chell's parents are is really hard mad.gif

It's either Cave Johnson and Caroline, or it's not. There's about an equal amount of evidence both ways, personally.

Oh holy pancake batman. I tried so hard not to cry at the ending, after Wheatley was knocked into space. Tried. And failed. :c

So Portal/2 is officially way up there in my 'top 3 favorite works of fiction EVER'. <3

I just love GLaDOS and Chell and Wheatley (and Rattmann! ;o; ), so much. The thing that really gets me is why GLaDOS just didn't "delete" Caroline as soon as she was uploaded back into her chassis - the fact that she's the most powerful supercomputer in the world means it'd only take a few nanoseconds, still giving her time to knock Wheatley (and subsequently Chell) into space and fix things up, right? She was terrified of Caroline acting as her conscience; she'd even voiced her blatant concerns to Chell. So why didn't she get rid of it the picosecond she could? Unless she really did change - without Caroline's help - during that truce with Chell and acted of her own accord.

Blargh, confused. xd.png But things like this fascinate me and make me appreciate just how much detail Valve put into these characters.

Edited by Katie92

Got P2 for Christmas!

Up to the part after Wheatley smashes the Relaxation Chamber into the docking station about three times.

Beat Portal 2's single player, loved every moment of it. Puzzles at times felt a little like "hunt for the single Portal surface" in the old facility, but the dialogue was perfect and the plot twists were well executed.

Heart amazing things about co-op, but haven't had a chance to play too much of it. Shame, too, because what I've seen of it so far is phenomenal.

I wish I had Portal 2, but, unfortunately, the only way I know of to get some at the moment is second-hand, and I REFUSE to play a game formally owned by someone else. sad.gif Well, I'll have another chance if 3 ever comes out.

Any game store should have copies. The internet has copies. If you have a capable PC there's always that.

Valve can't count to three, so don't count on them to get there.

Any game store should have copies..

Not in Canada. Things go out of the stores a lot quicker here. 1 month old and not an MMORPG? It's no longer for sale. They need to stock the shelves with newer games.

Not in Canada. Things go out of the stores a lot quicker here. 1 month old and not an MMORPG? It's no longer for sale. They need to stock the shelves with newer games.

Either you just have a crappy store, or the ones near me just don't get a lot of business. I've seen Portal 2 in at least three separate stores, along with older games.

Either you just have a crappy store, or the ones near me just don't get a lot of business. I've seen Portal 2 in at least three separate stores, along with older games.

Well... the stores near me ARE relatively small, in a slightly larger-than-average-for-the-store-size town, so people always want the newer games. Maybe I will find a shop with Portal 2 on it's shelves, but I don't think it's likely. However, I AM getting a "late Christmas present" in the mail within a week from a relative who lives in the US, and I'm hoping it's Portal 2. That's what I asked him for.

Well, if you don't get it from him, you can still download it from steam. Steam is a service that Valve and other small game companies use to market their games. Steam itself is free.

If your parents don't allow you to download anything, then I don't know what else you could do.

Where the heck do you live? I'm half an hour out from Vancouver and no title is ever sold out unless it just came out. I mean EB still has PvZ. o_O

Edited by Lythiaren

Okay, I've heard rumours about an add on/bonus map(?) where the companion cube tries to kill you. Something from a guy called Gary? Can anyone confirm or deny this?

I don't know. I realise now I should have posted here when I first read it, not four days later when I've forgotten most of the details.

I just finished the game.

I couldn't help but cry at the end, when Wheatley went to space. And also with the turret song, it was beautiful.

^ I know, right? The turret song was so beautiful and thought-provoking.

Random question, is anyone who's new to Co-op interested in playing with me? :3 Never done it before, and I'm afraid of the random one.