sailing101

Portal 2

Wait, didn't Cave die of mercury poisoning and/or lunar poison from ingesting moon dust?

Moon dust shredded his lungs, from what I can gather. Any references to mercury poisoning are from now non-canonical sources.

ApertureScience.com had it listed as mercury poisoning when you read into the stuff on Cave's account though.

Edited by Lythiaren

It is when ApertureScience.com is run by Valve. :|

Also remember that he was crazy due to brain damage. Leading to the three-tiered program including the Reverse Heimlich, the Take-a-Wish Foundation, and the return to development of the ASHPD.

So like we do with GLaDOS the pathological liar, anything he says should be taken with a grain of salt.

Edited by Lythiaren

It is when ApertureScience.com is run by Valve. :|

Also remember that he was crazy due to brain damage. Leading to the three-tiered program including the Reverse Heimlich, the Take-a-Wish Foundation, and the return to development of the ASHPD.

So like we do with GLaDOS the pathological liar, anything he says should be taken with a grain of salt.

No, I mean Valve themselves have rendered Aperturescience.com and nearly all information stemming from it non-canon.

Aperturescience.com and everything involved with it was done as if in the Portal universe- i.e. it should be seen as run by Aperture themselves, not Valve. And we know Aperture has a fairly long history of keeping things from the public, if not outright lying about it.

What we see and hear in Portal 2 is the true story. No mercury was involved, and it actually appears that Cave was still fairly sane (as in, sane for him) even up to his death.

...I can't see anything on aperturesience.com except a Christmas set panning around with a choir-y version of part of Still Alive playing. ._.

...I can't see anything on aperturesience.com except a Christmas set panning around with a choir-y version of part of Still Alive playing. ._.

Yeah, they removed the ability to log in and explore the site around when Portal 2 was announced.

Yeah, they removed the ability to log in and explore the site around when Portal 2 was announced.

nooooooooooo damn it.

(Do you have some sort of 6th sense for this thread? xd.png)

nooooooooooo damn it.

(Do you have some sort of 6th sense for this thread? xd.png)

I check in every now and then biggrin.gif Or if it's the most recent post in the game area xd.png

I'm keeping my reputation as the Portal encyclopedia of DC, dammit!

I'm keeping my reputation as the Portal encyclopedia of DC, dammit!

Ok, so let's see... Why does GLaDOS can't access the abandoned area, but lights still come up when you walk in it?

I bet you didn't see that one coming >D

BTW, I'm confused. When is Portal 2 DLC being released? And if it already is, where can I play it?

Portal 2 DLC is already released. PC version auto-update, and I'm told it's free on PSN and XBLA.

Ok, so let's see... Why does GLaDOS can't access the abandoned area, but lights still come up when you walk in it?

I bet you didn't see that one coming >D

BTW, I'm confused. When is Portal 2 DLC being released? And if it already is, where can I play it?

Automatic lights? -shrug- And don't try to pull 'well it was the 50's so it can't be', Aperture was working with DNA splicing before DNA had been properly discovered.

And yes, Peer Review is out. If you own Portal 2 on the PC, I believe you can find it on the Steam Store. No idea where you look for it on the PS3, and it'd be in the XBL marketplace for 360 players. And yes, as Kaj said, it's free for everyone smile.gif

Edited by Dr. Paine

Gah, I thought it was in-game already, as I read somewhere that it would be automatically downloaded.

EDIT: And I can't seem to find it anywhere...

Edited by caramba2654

If you have a PC version then it does auto-download, I assume the same would be true of PS3. Valve don't like to bother you with having to look for it, or even giving permission to download.

I mean, where do I find it in-game? Is there a special menu or what?

Oh. Just join with a person who you've completed regular co-op with. GLaDOS will talk some and slam a new building into your lobby, Wheatley-style.

OH!

Who wants to play Co-op with me?

I just finished it. Pure gold, Valve. Pure. Gold.

;_; I have to drag my brother through the first multiplayer levels before I can Peer Review. I figured he would be smart and play some of it of his own accord. sad.gif

Does anyone want to play the DLC with me?

I'll play it with you if we're ever on at the same time. XD

asdjkhsajkd. I'd left early for work too.

I haven't tried playing online with other people, but I did co op with my sister. Beat it today >:3 Awesome game.