MURDERcomplexx

Marriage Equality and Other MOGAI/Queer Rights

Calling someone a troll is namecalling. This is a verbal warning for the thread. Don't make me hand warns out, guys. :<

What I am saying is that a business could lose trusted customers if they hired a gay or lesbian.

If your 'trusted customers' are such that they will refuse to do business just because you hired someone who isn't heterosexual, then I personally wouldn't call them 'trusted.'

http://www.weareatheism.com/arrested-at-ho...-partners-hand/

THIS MAKES ME SO ANGRY, AH.

[Warning, the article does have some swearing in it]

*shakes head* Honestly how utterly mean do people have to be? Removing the man who has power of attorney and considers himself married to the patient(saying considers himself because their marriage isn't recognized even though it should be) is a dangerous thing.

What if the guys brother authorized a treatment that interferes with the patients standing medication? Its a dangerous situation all around.

http://www.weareatheism.com/arrested-at-ho...-partners-hand/

THIS MAKES ME SO ANGRY, AH.

[Warning, the article does have some swearing in it]

As a nurse I find this horrifying. I can see why some of the actions were taken, but it does seem rather excessive.

However I would also like to remind everyone this is one biased side to the story.

Edited by Kestra15

However I would also like to remind everyone this is one biased side to the story.

No, this is pretty much how it happened. George Takai, who is not known for going off the deep end, has supported this. I will believe it.

My parents said that if people of the same sex marry, it will change the definition of marriage; no longer will it be between a man and a woman, it will be simply between two people.

Two people that love each other. Which is what it is now, or, it's suppose to be. If gay marriage is legal, marriage will be between two people that love each other and want to (at least at that time) spend the rest of their lives together.

My sister is bi. I... I don't know what I am yet. I want to see my sister get married, if and when she wants to. If it's guy, no problem! If it's a girl, same thing! As long as, that is, it's legal by then. And what if I find a girl I love, and I want marry her, are my parents saying my sister and I shouldn't be allowed to get married? *Sigh*

My parents said that if people of the same sex marry, it will change the definition of marriage; no longer will it be between a man and a woman, it will be simply between two people.

Two people that love each other. Which is what it is now, or, it's suppose to be. If gay marriage is legal, marriage will be between two people that love each other and want to (at least at that time) spend the rest of their lives together.

My sister is bi. I... I don't know what I am yet. I want to see my sister get married, if and when she wants to. If it's guy, no problem! If it's a girl, same thing! As long as, that is, it's legal by then. And what if I find a girl I love, and I want marry her, are my parents saying my sister and I shouldn't be allowed to get married? *Sigh*

Tell them marriage used to be a contract for a man to own a woman, and see what they say. rolleyes.gif Marriage being a equal partnership is actually fairly recent.

Saw this, thought I'd share.

user posted image

Tasteless and appalling, if it were a statue of David (Michelangelo) or Lincoln kissing lady justice you would be complaining how it was sexist coz they were "forcing" themselves on an asexual blindfolded woman, but since its a woman doing so you're cheering for it... Just Tasteless dry.gif

Tasteless and appalling, if it were a statue of David (Michelangelo) or Lincoln kissing lady justice you would be complaining how it was sexist coz they were "forcing" themselves on an asexual blindfolded woman, but since its a woman doing so you're cheering for it... Just Tasteless dry.gif

Please, do explain where you're drawing these incredibly baseless assumptions from.

I, for one, would actually find it amusing.

Please, do explain where you're drawing these incredibly baseless assumptions from.

I, for one, would actually find it amusing.

But don't you know that homosexual expressions of love are HORRIBLE ZOMG!!!!!!!??!!!

In other news, we also don't like females who seem to enjoy their sexuality. Females should only exist to please males, after all. Mhmmm....

Edited by Svataben

But don't you know that homosexual expressions of love are HORRIBLE ZOMG!!!!!!!??!!!

In other news, we also don't like females who seem to enjoy their sexuality. Females should only exist to please males, after all. Mhmmm....

Lady justice is unbiased sees everyone as equals and has no emotions/desires, lady justice is above sexuality as sexuality requires subjectivness, if its a guy or a girl sticking a tounge in lady justice's mouth, its tasteless and a cheap way of furthering ones agenda while using controversy...

In other news, we also dont like people who treat homosexuals just like they treat hetrosexuals. Everything linked with homosexuality is nothing but pure and beautiful, after all... Mhmmmm....

I suggest everybody does a little hypothetical test to check their own hypocrisy levels by taking the exact same pose of our dear blindfolded lady justice, inserting some fat hairy dude instead lady liberty doing the tounging, and to have a writing on the wall saying - "thats how its meant to be"...

Imagine that was a slogan/poster of some anti gay group supporting hetrosexuality, while using IMO extreme sexism coz the fat dude is kinda "forcing" himself on a blindfolded woman, but hey real men take what they want right ?

Still amusing or have you maybe discovered somewhat dangerous levels of hypocrisy within you.... just wondering dry.gif

Edited by The Evil Doer

Lady justice is unbiased sees everyone as equals and has no emotions/desires, lady justice is above sexuality as sexuality requires subjectivness, if its a guy or a girl sticking a tounge in lady justice's mouth, its tasteless and a cheap way of furthering ones agenda while using controversy...

You do realize that the personification of concepts can be envisioned in similar, yet different, ways right?

Like how one person sees Lady Justice as emotionless and above sex (you're using asexual wrong in that concept, dude--we're not "above" sex, we don't think it's "beneath" us) another person can see her as passionate about equality and pansexual.

Also, as to your edit...

If the fat dude isn't visibly forcing himself on LJ, I see no issue with it. In that picture, it doesn't appear as if Liberty is forcing herself on LJ and LJ doesn't want anything to do with it. If it were more apparent that LJ was clearly Do Not Want, I would find that distasteful because of the implications of ignoring lack of consent.

Additionally, you seem to think it's hypocritical to support this sort of thing in opposition to oppression while not supporting it in support of oppression.

There's nothing hypocritical about not supporting oppression while supporting a group fighting oppression. It's two different situations.

Now, if it was arguing that it was only okay for one oppressed group but not okay for another to do, THEN you'd have an argument. But heterosexuals are hardly an oppressed group.

Edited by KageSora

I suggest everybody does a little hypothetical test to check their own hypocrisy levels by taking the exact same pose of our dear blindfolded lady justice, inserting some fat hairy dude instead lady liberty doing the tounging, and to have a writing on the wall saying - "thats how its meant to be"...

What would that accomplish?

It doesn't say anywhere (or hint at even) that homosexuals think it's how it's "meant to be".

Try harder, 'cause you haven't made sense yet.

And, for the record, I'm hetero. In fact, I'm not even the slightest fluent in my sexuality. I just think homosexuals are as human and as right as me.

You do realize that the personification of concepts can be envisioned in similar, yet different, ways right?

Like how one person sees Lady Justice as emotionless and above sex (you're using asexual wrong in that concept, dude--we're not "above" sex, we don't think it's "beneath" us) another person can see her as passionate about equality and pansexual.

Also, as to your edit...

If the fat dude isn't visibly forcing himself on LJ, I see no issue with it.  In that picture, it doesn't appear as if Liberty is forcing herself on LJ and LJ doesn't want anything to do with it.  If it were more apparent that LJ was clearly Do Not Want, I would find that distasteful because of the implications of ignoring lack of consent.

Additionally, you seem to think it's hypocritical to support this sort of thing in opposition to oppression while not supporting it in support of oppression.

There's nothing hypocritical about not supporting oppression while supporting a group fighting oppression.  It's two different situations.

Now, if it was arguing that it was only okay for one oppressed group but not okay for another to do, THEN you'd have an argument.  But heterosexuals are hardly an oppressed group.

Passionate = emotions.... Justice is not about emotions, but instead objectivity, emotions usually dont sit well with objectivity as they suggest biased pov...

Yes, it is hypocritical to treat one group in one manner and another group in another, equality suggests that both groups should be judged by the same rules,,, In my world hetorsexuals/homosexuals get judged in a same manner and the same thing applies to everything else - if a white person is a racist then he's an ass, if a black person is racist then he's an ass, my world is simple like that, and since in your world black person is allowed to be a racist without it meaning he's an ass.. that makes you a hypocrite in my world...

Edited by The Evil Doer

I'd rather imagine LJ is passionate about justice being equally available for all than cold and emotionless. So... Sorry, but you can't force your headcanon of LJ on me, I can see her the way I want to. :P

See, that's the thing--you can't judge them by the same rules when they're not following the same rules. Heterosexuals are playing by a different set of rules that give them advantages over homosexuals.

So, you have to adjust your view of how to judge it accordingly.

I also think you really need to stop reading between the lines and inferring things from people's posts. You're doing a horrendous job of it.

See, in my world you can be racist and be black and it's bad. But it's worse to be white and racist because there's this liiiiittle thing called institutionalized racism. Which basically means that in the world I live in, white people have a leg up over non-whites. So while it's wrong for anybody to be racist, it has worse implications and further-reaching effects for a white person to be, due to the way the system is automatically stacked in their favor.

The same applies to sexuality. Heterosexuals have the system automatically stacked in their favor--non-heterosexuals are starting at a disadvantage here. So while it's no okay for either group to be asses to each other, it's a bit worse when the heterosexuals are asses because it reinforces the oppression of the non-heterosexuals.

It must be very nice and simple to live in a world that's black and white. Please, don't feel free to call on me if you ever decided to visit the real world, though. But I can promise you we have more than 50 shades of gray here~ ;D

Besides, you're a hypocrite, too--everybody is hypocritical to some degree. As humans, it's our very nature to be full of contradictions.

But, considering your postings in numerous other topics... I'm not terribly inclined to take you too seriously.

BTW, you cannot, in fairness' sake, judge everybody by the 100% exact same standards.

Here's a simple picture that sums up why:

user posted image

kk, justice is passionate about fairness instead of objective (mister "I'd rather imagine - but this is the real world here") and while we support equality for homosexuals we dont want to judge them in an equal manner, nothing hypocritical about that...

got it shades of gray...

Edited by The Evil Doer

kk, justice is passionate about fairness instead of objective and while we support equality for homosexuals we dont want to judge them in an equal manner, nothing hypocritical about that...

got it shades of gray...

You don't know that the world isn't black and white?

What rock have you been living under? (And why aren't you down there now? Shouldn't the bright lights up here scare you?)

kk, justice is passionate about fairness instead of objective (mister "I'd rather imagine - but this is the real world here") and while we support equality for homosexuals we dont want to judge them in an equal manner, nothing hypocritical about that...

got it shades of gray...

Oh wow, you can take two unrelated paragraphs and string them together out of context! Amazing!

Sarcasm aside...

See, we CANNOT judge everybody equal until everybody is on equal footing. We have to help everybody get on equal footing before we can judge them equally.

In many regards we do need to judge them equally to help that equal footing be achieved. But there are slight variations in how things need to be handled BECAUSE of that inequality.

It's how things go.

Not everything CAN be 100% black and white. Life is a rainbow of colors and all the shades in between them. That's how it work.

You don't know that the world isn't black and white?

What rock have you been living under? (And why aren't you down there now? Shouldn't the bright lights up here scare you?)

Sometimes wrong is wrong and right is right, and shades of gray are just people making excuses coz the truth doesnt sit well with them...

Realism in here, thats a good one biggrin.gif

Sometimes wrong is wrong and right is right, and shades of gray are just people making excuses coz the truth doesnt sit well with them...

Realism in here, thats a good one biggrin.gif

True. Like how I'm right, and you're wrong. Indeed! biggrin.gif

Oh wow, you can take two unrelated paragraphs and string them together out of context!  Amazing!

Sarcasm aside...

See, we CANNOT judge everybody equal until everybody is on equal footing.  We have to help everybody get on equal footing before we can judge them equally.

In many regards we do need to judge them equally to help that equal footing be achieved.  But there are slight variations in how things need to be handled BECAUSE of that inequality.

It's how things go.

Not everything CAN be 100% black and white.  Life is a rainbow of colors and all the shades in between them.  That's how it work.

Like Obama said - yes you can, judge people equally, you choose not to..

many things are not black and white but sometimes things are just that - black and white.

And if you choose not to judge certain color or sexuality in an equal manner, you're being hypocritical, its not as mindblowing as you would like to think of it really...

You see in my world Kage, I meet Mark, I see Mark as a person, I treat him as I would want Mark to treat me, I discover Mark is an ass, its just what it is, Mark is an ass, he's an ass coz of his personality, behavior, virtues or lack of (sexuality/color irrelevant to me)...

You in your world, in a similar situation find Mark to be an ass but you think he's less of an ass coz he's homosexual or black hence oppressed (which gives him a slight excuse to be an ass), it is your right to do so, just as it is mine to find it hypocritical... I judge people based on their personality, you judge them based on their personality but also based on their color/sexuality ...

Im cool with the way I am....

Edited by The Evil Doer