MURDERcomplexx

Marriage Equality and Other MOGAI/Queer Rights

Fine with me. I have Issues with my sig today but will TRY and put that in instead !

mad.gif it shows in YOUR sig and not in mine, for me anyway.

I shall go and have a tantrum.

Edited by fuzzbucket

It must be your graphics or browser, cause I can see it in your siggie too.

Edited by Riverwillows

It's there, Fuzz. :3

Wow.. just read all the HRC stuff.

Funny that they're miring themselves in the same sort of hate towards transfolk that they are trying to fight against for LGB people. :/

It is sad.

My brothers feel I have "sissy-fied" my son, and that's why he is trans. They don't know (or want to) that I knew from the beginning he was different, more gentle and inquiring than they were as kids. They were all rough and tumble, "real boys".

My son was born with a genius IQ, started reading on his own at around 3, loved learning things, going to museums. Wanted an Easy Bake Oven, and loved pretending to feed and baby his stuffed animals. I let him explore things. He also loved Legos, Tinker Toys, and Hot Wheels. But I would not let my brothers give him guns, and military oriented things, I just knew he would not want them. I was right. My son had no problems with his body, until he started developing, puberty. Then he knew things were going all wrong. I was not surprised, and have supported him since. He is now going thru hormones and hopefully, someday, will be my daughter.

Trans happens in the womb, and is no fault of the mom. It just happens.

But my brothers have this viewpoint, that I am responsible for it, that I would not allow him to be a "proper boy". Idiots.

And that, unfortunately is how many in the Gay community view Trans people. That maybe they are faking it, not real. And HRC does NOT help this attitude.

Fuzz, everyone.....how about this one?

user posted image

Lol...I actually have a degree in Graphic Design. hehe. But you can claim credit, Fuzz. I merely adjusted.

OOhhh! I want that one! Where's the code please?

They don't know (or want to) that I knew from the beginning he was different, more gentle and inquiring than they were as kids.

Wanted an Easy Bake Oven, and loved pretending to feed and baby his stuffed animals. I let him explore things. He also loved Legos, Tinker Toys, and Hot Wheels. But I would not let my brothers give him guns, and military oriented things, I just knew he would not want them.

These things are absolutely not what define a person's gender, though. I never took interest in dolls (I however, made two for my decade-younger brother, who loved them), my interest in doll houses was limited to building them (with saw and nails and wooden planks), with me losing interest in those after the completion, I however personally made car and airplane models, loved helping my father out in the garage, owned a plethora of various electronic devices, machine models, toy guns (and I made many attempts at building my own)... I only cooked when I was hungry, and to this day I only cook because I do love the result. So! My brother played with dolls and loves cooking, and I played with and built machinery and guns and went into IT later on, have extensive knowledge of guns, cars (I also contemplated attending cross-Europe rally, which I sadly had to drop because of the other things I'm bound to.), war tactics... I did the log-stacking and digging in the garden, and my brother washed the floors.

Point being, I am a straight cis-gendered woman woman, and my brother is a straight cis-gendered man. I find it extremely offensive that people assume that a person who takes interest in the areas/activities stereotypically associated with the opposite gender must be gay/trans. Vice versa, there is no reason why a - for instance - a female-bodied individual can't like dressing up in pink frilly dresses, wearing makeup, doing house-work and cooking, being kind and caring, and still being a FtoM trans man despite of it all.

The same way, a gay can be anywhere from the most typical stereotypical representative of one's gender to the exact match to the opposite.

These things are absolutely not what define a person's gender, though.

The same way, a gay can be anywhere from the most typical stereotypical representative of one's gender to the exact match to the opposite.

So true.

I had a tomboy daughter who had trucks and trains, cut off her Barbie dolls' hair and dismembered them (I'm not sure why that is BOY stuff, but so it was perceived), refused skirts, and when the time came refused to take Home Ec and so on - and thus became the catalyst for a change in school policy - I was SO proud; when she got her options sheet, she complained that Home Ec was required and she wanted to take shop; we wandered in to the school and spoke to the principal who said - give him GREAT credit - OMG I never even thought about it, of course she can.

First day of term she lined up outside the metalwork room with all the boys. Along came teacher. "What are you doing here ?" "I'm taking shop." (She was expecting (I suspect almost hoping for xd.png) a scene.) "Oh. OK - tie up your hair, please."

End of.

The next year, both options showed up for everyone, and LOADS of boys took Home Ec.

Today she is a mother and a whiz at DIY.

Edited by fuzzbucket

OOhhh! I want that one! Where's the code please?

[img=http://i622.photobucket.com/albums/tt304/PaeginSims/Yes_zpsb4522831.jpg]

user posted image by Riverwillows, fuzzbucket

Just in case if anyone was curious. u_u

Alas. My parents have a grand time guessing who is gay and who's not, going by how feminine/masculine they are. I've been pointing out to my parents for years how incorrect that is (not to mention pretty offensive), and even though my mother agrees with me now, my aunt still gets pissed when I bring it up. It's not so much that they're against gay marriage, or even homosexuality itself (though gay men always make my aunt uncomfortable, bleh)... it's just that these are offensive stereotypes. And they really should be addressed. :c

Guys, what I meant was my son did not display what my BROTHERS thought was masculine behavior, and thus thought him a sissy, and blame me for making him so. I was not trying to say that dolls and cooking were female only, I was a tomboy who liked to climb trees myself.

So don't get your panties in a bunch and stop feeling offended. It was not meant the way it sounded I guess. I was talking about family perceptions, not general society perceptions. Sheesh.

(wipes the tar off best I can.... dry.gif )

Guys, what I meant was my son did not display what my BROTHERS thought was masculine behavior, and thus thought him a sissy, and blame me for making him so. I was not trying to say that dolls and cooking were female only, I was a tomboy who liked to climb trees myself.

So don't get your panties in a bunch and stop feeling offended. It was not meant the way it sounded I guess. I was talking about family perceptions, not general society perceptions. Sheesh.

(wipes the tar off best I can.... dry.gif )

I may not be the best judge of emotion, being autistic and all, but I think the only person really offended here is you. Nobody called you names, or attacked you in any way, or tried to 'tar and feather you' as you so subtly suggested- or even seemed to have their panties slightly wrinkled, let alone in a bunch (those of us who wear panties, anyway). I think they were trying to put their opinions across and share their own experiences, so there's no need to get huffy like that. Besides, I think the conversation had moved on just a bit.

Oh, and some people don't like being called 'guys'? I know I don't mind and I even I do it sometimes, but it's something to keep in mind...

Tadaaaaa.

(I was bored)

user posted imageuser posted image

I got what you meant, riverwillows. That was how it was with my tomboy daughter too. But I think most people got it too.

Edited by fuzzbucket

Isn't that meaning hetero relationships? I tought it was supposed to be TWO male and TWO female symbols joined for gay relationships.

Like these:

user posted image

user posted image

Edited by Riverwillows

Isn't that meaning hetero relationships? I tought it was supposed to be TWO male and TWO female symbols joined for gay relationships.

Bleep. You are SO right. Back shortly xd.png

ETA and here I are !

user posted image

(the doubles seemed to suggest polyandry/polygamy, and there is only so far to go with ONE symbol, I think xd.png)

Edited by fuzzbucket

Oh, and some people don't like being called 'guys'? I know I don't mind and I even I do it sometimes, but it's something to keep in mind...

Seriously? Where I'm from, you call everyone "guy" and "dude" because they're friendly, inoffensive ways to refer to every age and gender.

/offtopic

Seriously? Where I'm from, you call everyone "guy" and "dude" because they're friendly, inoffensive ways to refer to every age and gender.

/offtopic

From what I've seen (including a friend's boss), some females have been mistaken for males before so the words "guys" or "dude" just triggers a subconscious reminder of that and so they just hate it.

^ Poorly constructed run on sentence.

Edited by Wookieinmashoo

From what I've seen (including a friend's boss), some females have been mistaken for males before so the words "guys" or "dude" just triggers a subconscious reminder of that and so they just hate it.

^ Poorly constructed run on sentence.

In a technical sense, guys and dudes refer to males and there are people out there who would prefer more inclusive terms be used.

~

Looks great, fuzzbucket!

It depends on who you're with--there are a lot of people (and a lot of us online) who use a bunch of terms including guy/bro/dude as gender-neutral to refer to people. I've seen people who use gurl as a gender-neutral one, too.

It's that it seems these terms are going through a shift in meaning and are becoming more and more widely accepted as acceptable in a gender-neutral context.

There will, however, always be people who are offended, even if the terms undergo a near complete shift in meaning in the mind of the general public. You see it all the time with certain words.

Also, I think a lot of people don't get that gender identity and gender expression are two different things.

Hence how you can be a "girly girl" and a tomboy but still identify as female.

/offtopic

I use 'dude' and 'dudette.'

What I object to is "sweetheart" and "darling"..... ICK.

I routinely call people "hon" but ONLY if I like them and feel a connection of some kind. It's a term of affection for me.

Also, I found this Wonderful article where the author explains why they call opponants of marriage equality "bigots".

Read This

I also saw this quote:

user posted image

Ok, I'm really tired right now and I cant be bothered going through the other comments and actually debating or agreeing with anything, so I'm just going to say this for the point of saying it.

I support gay marriage, and don't understand why people are still arguing about it. Its not like if a homosexual couple get married, its going to spread all over the world like a virus and nobody will be able to have babies and the human race will go extinct! All it is, is two happy people loving each other and wanted to be treated like everyone else. And to be honest, every time a Christian says that they are offended by gay marriage, I literally want to punch them in the face. I respect that you don't like it, and I respect your religion even though I don't believe in one, but you can't control other peoples feelings for one another. Also, to back this all up, someday, I'd like to marry the man of my dreams. Is that too much to ask for?

~~~~~

Wow. that turned out longer than I expected.

What's that? You wish to have a legal commitment to your loved one, and find it objectionable that people don't want you to because it makes them feel uncomfortable? Heathen!

seriously it's almost kind of a joke that this is still a problem

this is o l d n e w s, guys

I really don't care much about gay marriage. I understand t's a big argument, though wink.gif

I mean, I don't mind gay marriage. I'd never want to do it myself and I'd never want to see two girls or two boys lip kissing or acting romance-y.

I really don't care much about gay marriage. I understand t's a big argument, though wink.gif

I mean, I don't mind gay marriage. I'd never want to do it myself and I'd never want to see two girls or two boys lip kissing or acting romance-y.

Are you okay with a guy and a girl kissing around you?

The thing is no one wants you to 'do it', they just want to be free to 'do it' themselves.

But would you care if it was a heterosexual couple? I really don't understand the eww factor unsure.gif