MURDERcomplexx

Marriage Equality and Other MOGAI/Queer Rights

xd.png You might want to look at pages 92 and 93, Paegin. Edited by soupnazi

Saw this, thought I'd share.

user posted image

I find this very offensive to two major American symbols. Not only is it un patriotic, it does a disservice to your cause.

I find this very offensive to two major American symbols. Not only is it un patriotic, it does a disservice to your cause.

I can't see what you object to. Not at all. Nor is it unpatriotic. And HOW exactly is JUSTICE an AMERICAN symbol ? It is as international as they get. Liberty is supposed to be a symbol of FREEDOM so that too fits rather well.

I'm not happy about the background, because reasons xd.png, but as an icon, it's great smile.gif

As an American born and raised ('MURICA!) I don't have an issue with this image. In fact, I like it. It shows to me that the world is changing and that it's ok for imagery like this to exist. And as the person above me said. How is justice an American symbol? Also that could very well be the french statue of liberty ;-).

I really don't get the point of the red "equality" background. Can't we just have the two of them with some other background? I unno. I'm just tired of seeing everyone everywhere sporting the red equality sign.

Edited by kiffren

The red = is actually the symbol of the HRC, an organization promoting gay rights, but that bashes on trans* folk.

When I see the red "equality" sign, it reminds me the soviets are still around, and trying to corrupt and destroy America from within.

The red = is actually the symbol of the HRC, an organization promoting gay rights, but that bashes on trans* folk.

I know what it is, it just annoys me. One of those little pet peeves.

Especially when I can no longer tell people apart on facebook by their profile pictures.

My daughter posted that. She found it on her facebook page. I think she was more aiming at the two "ladies" rather than the equal sign. She thought it was cool.

Exactly. Which is why those of us who realised this are now using rainbow eggs with no symbol !

So....

user posted image

When I see the red "equality" sign, it reminds me the soviets are still around, and trying to corrupt and destroy America from within.
I think America is doing that pretty well all by itself. The greed of bankers and so on will destroy the country far better than any Soviets. Not that there IS such a thing as Soviet Russia any more.

Equality for all is a very fine aim, and if that equality sign brought us any closer to it, I'd be all for it. Sadly it's been hijacked by the HRC in this area. sad.gif

Edited by fuzzbucket

You missed a bit of red on Justice's hair.

You missed a bit of red on Justice's hair.

True. Better now ? xd.png

You know, I believe I could make a very good joke about how 'this is why we'll never have liberty and justice for all'. Or 'Liberty/Justice OTP', but I can't figure out how to do it well xd.png

(Anyway yeah. I think the image is cool and good on the new background biggrin.gif)

A suggestion for Fuzz- copy the layer with the ladies on it, select the transparent area behind them, invert the selection, then paint them black. Select all, apply Gaussian Blur for about 5 pixels, et the layer opacity to 30%, then shift a little ways to the left.

A suggestion for Fuzz- copy the layer with the ladies on it, select the transparent area behind them, invert the selection, then paint them black. Select all, apply Gaussian Blur for about 5 pixels, et the layer opacity to 30%, then shift a little ways to the left.

blink.gif

DO feel free xd.png

I didn't EXACTLY use layers; I didn't have time, really ! this was just a quick and dirty...

Oh OK - is this what you mean ?

user posted image

(I am in prevarication mode about that which I ought to be doing - can you tell ??? xd.png)

Edited by fuzzbucket

I am having a very hard time taking you seriously.

Let's try to be serious here.

Because of this outrage, I am now staunchly anti-gay. I cannot supports anyone who mocks America's symbol of freedom like this!

You had a good run, but next time, try to be a little less obvious of a troll.

Edit: Just in case if you are, holy censorkip.gif, serious: lol yes alternate interpretation? that's about the most unamerican thing i can think of!

Edited by Zovesta

Because of this outrage, I am now staunchly anti-gay. I cannot supports anyone who mocks America's symbol of freedom like this!

So freedom is only to be available to heterosexuals ?

If you're a troll....pretty good, though you got too obvious near the end of it.

If you're being honest; I think you need to take a deep breath and relax. What that message says is; justice and freedom are good. If their anthropomorphic personifications existed, it would make sense for them to be together, regardless of their gender.

As for it being unpatriotic, let's deconstruct the reasons you've stated against it.

1) Justice is an international symbol, not American.

2) Lady Liberty is generally considered American, but it was given to the US by France.

3) The red background....really? Hate to break it to you, but the colour red wasn't invented by the Soviets. I'd also like to point out that red is one of America's colours. Also, considering how there is no Soviet Russia anymore, I think you're just grasping for reasons to dislike it.

----

Okay, I really like that picture! It looks awesome. I kind of think it would look nice with the background of that end of WWII picture, the one with the soldier and nurse kissing in Times Square?

Okay, I really like that picture! It looks awesome. I kind of think it would look nice with the background of that end of WWII picture, the one with the soldier and nurse kissing in Times Square?

Point me at the image ad I'll see what I can do smile.gif

I live for the day it is simply called marriage. Whatever gender the people entering into it may be.

Until then, it still feels unequal - even in Canada, where we already have it !

Ditto, Fuzzbucket. Hopefully someday...

user posted image

I'm kind of doubtful it will work (the couple takes up much more of the picture than I remember), but I should probably leave that to people with actual editing skills to decide. xd.png I do think this might have been the partial inspiration for their pose, though.

OK - how are these (I found a colour one - google image search is great...)

user posted imageuser posted image