The Fifth Element

The Fifth Element Lineage

Yeah, the "8 eggs" thing is a mystery! I wonder if they'll be different depending on which biome you caught them in?

So TJ would want M - F - s1 hatchie - s2 hatchie from each biome. That would come up to 8 eggs...

Unfortunately, I have one Thuwed egg on my scroll that I have no intention of dumping, and I caught all 6 of my new eggs in the Forest. So if my theory is correct, I'm out of luck ... at least for now biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Fortunately, the kidlets caught some in each biome. Maybe they'll trade with me, if needed!

Lol yeah, that is a good guess. I caught two on each biome... but I don't remeber which ones so I might end up with two males from the same biome and two females from the same biome xd.png

I'll go hunt two more just in case tongue.gif

No opportunity to get any yet, but the descriptions look promising for a water element.

That's what I was thinking, Fi.

"Water behaves strangely around it, though the hatchling doesn’t seem to notice."

Sounds promising biggrin.gif

Edited by deblogan

I totally forgot that today was drop day. Oh well. I'd rather be making presents for my granddaughter anyway... Mostly. smile.gif There's still time to catch them all. smile.gif

Yet 5 new eggs caught in the Forest and a Summer!

The Alpine eggs weren't that cooperative.

Lol turns out I was right, I ended up with two females from Alpine and 2 males from forest xd.png I caught two more and influenced them so I get at least 1 male and 1 female from each habitat rolleyes.gif

I'm not sure but I'm guessing the green ones are the Forest eggs and the yellow ones the Alpine eggs.

So far everyone in the news thread is reporting that all their hatchlings are the green ones. There's speculation that the golden ones are breed only.

I could live with that, Fi!

If the green ones breed gold, and the gold breed green, you could design some really pretty lineages...

So far everyone in the news thread is reporting that all their hatchlings are the green ones. There's speculation that the golden ones are breed only.

That could be frustrating..... Fun, but frustrating....

Yeah, specially if, like me, you caught 6 eggs trying to get as many of each color as possible... but if they are elemental, then the breeding to get another color will be fun rolleyes.gif

Well, TJ's dragons are grown.

Undine Dragons are named for the water spirits with which they share territory. They have close relationships with these spirits, and are able to communicate with them. In exchange for protection and respect of their mutual freshwater homes, laid eggs are often protected by a blessing. This blessing stays with the dragon into adulthood, and with it they gain potent magical abilities. Sometimes when an Undine Dragon becomes very upset, the ground at their feet may frost over or begin to steam. They have also been observed to manipulate water directly, rerouting raindrops or creating puddles from groundwater. Undine Dragons always live near forest pools, streams, or waterfalls. Both genders take equal part in the raising of young and are very good parents—though they may not remain mated after the offspring are grown.

Undines sound very water elemental-y to me. They

1. Manipulate water directly

2. Always live near water

3. Have a close relationship with water spirits

(edit for spelling failure)

Edited by Fiona BlueFire

I believe that these Undines are Very elemental and watery at that!

1. They change the states of water dependent upon their mood.

2. They live in freshwater and communicate with the very spirits of water.

3. They can move water with magic.

I agree that these should definitely be water elementals! Almost every sentence in the description supports this (I have only cut out 2 sentences from the below).

>Undine Dragons are named for the water spirits with which they share territory.

They live in water spirit territory and are sufficiently associated with the water spirits to be named after them.

>They have close relationships with these spirits, and are able to communicate with them.

Again, they have close relationships to water spirits, a relationship close enough to enable communication (which, from context, it seems that communicating with the water spirits is very difficult and unusual for a species to do).

>In exchange for protection and respect of their mutual freshwater homes, laid eggs are often protected by a blessing.

Every Undine egg is given a blessing by a water spirit, for the purpose of protecting and benefitting their watery home.

>Sometimes when an Undine Dragon becomes very upset, the ground at their feet may frost over or begin to steam.

The Undine's emotions, if intense, can unintentionally create/manipulate/change states of/move water in their vicinity.

>They have also been observed to manipulate water directly, rerouting raindrops or creating puddles from groundwater.

They can directly move water around, in reasonable quantities.

>Undine Dragons always live near forest pools, streams, or waterfalls.

Undines require watery habitats (definitely not sufficient to be elemental on its own, but given all the other reasons, I don't mind counting this one too).

Voting is now open for DC's newest release, Undine Dragons. All members are welcome to vote, but please read the following definitions carefully. Ideally I would like a breed to have 3 characteristics to qualify for an Elemental category, so if giving a YES vote please state your reasoning along with it. You may not compare a new release to an already eligible breed. They must be voted in on their own merit.

EARTH - Dragons comprised of, resembling, or able to control rock, metal, and/or dirt, POSSIBLY residing in the earth. For example, a stone dragon is made of stone-like material AND eats rocks. Green dragons live within the caves AND have control over the earth.

WIND - Dragons comprised of gas or with a strong connection to weather or the cosmos. POSSIBLY those that spend a majority of their time in the air. For example, grey dragons land only to rest and eat AND they have control of the weather. Thunder dragons land only to sleep and breed. They get moisture from the clouds and control the weather.

FIRE - Dragons who control or are comprised of fire or electricity. Also those that resemble fire or the sun or which are controlled by or strongly tied to the sun. For example, magma dragons are coated in magma, live in volcanic regions AND are capable of withstanding intense temperatures. Sunsongs control light AND are controlled by the light.

WATER - Dragons who control or are comprised of water in either it's liquid or solid state. Also those that live the entirety of their lives in the water. For example, ice dragons form icicles on their skin, and can freeze a predator with their cold breath.

LIFE - dragons who rely on or are affected by a very specific part of nature, which must be different than the majority of other breeds. For example, a qualifier can not be that the dragon depends on living in the trees alone. But Pumpkin dragons would qualify because they live specifically in pumpkins AND can only be bred during Harvest time.

Undine Dragons are named for the water spirits with which they share territory. They have close relationships with these spirits, and are able to communicate with them. In exchange for protection and respect of their mutual freshwater homes, laid eggs are often protected by a blessing. This blessing stays with the dragon into adulthood, and with it they gain potent magical abilities. Sometimes when an Undine Dragon becomes very upset, the ground at their feet may frost over or begin to steam. They have also been observed to manipulate water directly, rerouting raindrops or creating puddles from groundwater. Undine Dragons always live near forest pools, streams, or waterfalls. Both genders take equal part in the raising of young and are very good parents—though they may not remain mated after the offspring are grown.

Undine Dragons:

Yes: Fiona BlueFire (Water), Grandmother_cathie (Water), Lavinia (Water), deblogan (Water), RyuKaiser (Water), Xocowolf (Water), Husker (Water), Pink467 (Water)

No:

Thinking:

My personal vote: Yes in Water - (Borrowing Fi's nicely worded points biggrin.gif)

1. Manipulate water directly

2. Always live near water

3. Have a close relationship with water spirits (Nice!)

Edited by deblogan

In a non-vote related issue...

FREE TO GOOD HOME: I just bred this 3rd gen Golden Wyvern egg for my 5E Sorting Hat project. Unfortunately, I needed a RED egg.

If anyone would like to give this pretty baby a home, please PM me biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif - Claimed!

Edited by deblogan

Undine! Yes!! Undines/Ondines are the names of Water Elementals! If ever there was a dragon for this lineage, this is the one!!

Put me down as an unequivocal YES! In Water!!

I vote Yes for the Undines in Water.

I agree with Fiona's and Cathie's reasoning. Those were my thoughts almost word for word. Their description just screams Water Elemental to me.

Looks like the new release is going to be a slam dunk smile.gif What was the last breed we had unanimity on? Coppers?

Good Lord, Xocowolf! I do well to tally the votes *lol* ... keeping track of the statistics from release to release? Uhm...nope rolleyes.gif

Has anyone else kept track?

I haven't exactly kept track, but vaguely remembered Frostbites being unanimous so I looked back. They were unanimous for adding but more than one element was suggested.

I know it's early yet, but has anyone figured out how to get the yellow undines?

Of course, it's been a while since we've had an alt that just pops up at random like the blacks and the vines...TJ could've decided it's time to do a new one...

It looks like they're breed only like blacks and vines. There's a thread in site discussion where several are being posted. A number of people are getting yellow 2nd gens.