I have a yellow lab/brittany spaniel mix and she's a good dog (except for when she runs away, xd.png). She's a little over a year old, I've had her ever since she was a newborn puppy, she was born 5/23/2009. Here's a link to a pic of her http://nuwame.deviantart.com/#/d2uuozj

awww that is so cute

and no it was a good medium size dog... but i have been so stress i might have dreamt up the image... i'll keep poking around through.

What about Czechoslovakian Wolfdog or Saarloos Wolfhound or Tamaskan Dog?

Czech Wolfdog: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/comm...olfdog_pair.jpg

Saarloos: http://www.dyrewebben.no/faktasidene/hund/...swolfhoound.jpg

Tamaskan: http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/9452/tamaskandog5jz0.jpg

What about Czechoslovakian Wolfdog or Saarloos Wolfhound or Tamaskan Dog?

Czech Wolfdog: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/comm...olfdog_pair.jpg

Saarloos: http://www.dyrewebben.no/faktasidene/hund/...swolfhoound.jpg

Tamaskan: http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/9452/tamaskandog5jz0.jpg

the czech looks really familiar.. and the story behind the dog does.

So may of them end up with pretty severe behavioral problems because people baby them so much, whether it be spoiling with treats, or constantly carrying them around so they develop barrier aggression.

I am not saying this doesn't happen with larger dogs, but you can't carry a Great Dane around, plus you have to lay down ground rules with such a big dog.

Big dogs are so adorable to me anyways. give me a big dog any day of the week <3

Irish wolfhounds especially.

So may of them end up with pretty severe behavioral problems because people baby them so much, whether it be spoiling with treats, or constantly carrying them around so they develop barrier aggression.

I am not saying this doesn't happen with larger dogs, but you can't carry a Great Dane around, plus you have to lay down ground rules with such a big dog.

Big dogs are so adorable to me anyways. give me a big dog any day of the week <3

Irish wolfhounds especially.

The worst injury my girlfriend ever got while she was a groomer was from a chihuahua-it bit right through her thumbnail. They had more small dogs on their 'must come in muzzled and sedated' list than large dogs. The big guys can be trouble, but she said more often than not, they're just huge babies.

I love dogs!! Especially puppies but who doesnt love puppies xd.png

I have four Yorkies!! They are the love of my live basicaly!

If I didnt have any dogs I would have gone crazy!!

The worst injury my girlfriend ever got while she was a groomer was from a chihuahua-it bit right through her thumbnail. They had more small dogs on their 'must come in muzzled and sedated' list than large dogs. The big guys can be trouble, but she said more often than not, they're just huge babies.

Ouch.

I work at a vet, so i see every shape and size of dog coming in daily (we had a Saluki in the other day)

Last summer, we had a huge Rottie, and a Dachshund come into the surgery with grass seeds which needed to be removed from in between their toes. Its pretty routine, and most of the time they can be removed by just holding the dog and pulling them out with tweezers. The vet nurses and I grabbed a dog each, ( i ended up with the Dachshund), and the vet started to pull the grass seeds out. This dog just went insane. It spun around and sunk its teeth into the vets arm, then latched onto a nurse. I had to let go of it, and it ran over to the Rottie, who was smooching all over the floor like the gorgeous thing he was, and bit him fair on the muzzle. He just sat there, and looked at this dog as to say 'Wtf dood.' And then he sooked for about an hour afterwards, poor derpy thing. It took us ages to finally muzzle and sedate the Dachshund, it had just gone crazy.

Yet Rotties get such a bad wrap. They are very gentle dogs, and i think its mostly because of their looks and their use as a guard dog that they are left in shelters and are destroyed.

Forget pit bulls and Rottweilers - it's the tiny sausage dog that's the most aggressive breed.

One in 12 dachshunds have tried to bit their owner, a study found. And 20 per cent have snapped at strangers or attacked other dogs.

Chihuahuas, an even smaller breed, were the second most nasty.

But the pit bull - notorious for its aggressive nature - was ranked six in the Top 10 list of aggressive dogs.

The study published in Applied Animal Behavior Science quizzed 6,000 owners.

Top 10 aggressive dogs:

1 Dachshund

2 Chihuahua

3 Jack Russell terrier

4 Akita

5 Australian cattle dog

6 Pit bull

7 Beagle

8 English springer spaniel

9 Border collie

10 German shepherd.

I would pretty much agree with this list, although i am not sure whether it refers more too dog aggression, or aggression towards humans. If it was human aggression, i would not even place a Pit Bull on the list. They are the most adorable, squishy balls of love there are. Even to other dogs they can be incredibly playful and gentle. Its just when they are put in the wrong hands, things go wrong.

I am not sure however why a Beagle is on the list, as although they are stubborn, they are gentle and submissive.

I have a Beagle. Her name is Hannah. Hannah is very crazy.

She will eat and eat and eat and eat...

She used to chew on disposable razors. We put them out of her reach, and she stopped.

She loves attention

If you have been petting her, and you stop, she will paw your arm.

She doesn't like it when people are doing work when they should be petting her

She loves being brushed with the longhair side of the brush

She clangs her food bowl when she wants more/better food. If that doesn't work, she will dump her water bowl

Hannah loves her walks

She thinks dry food tastes better on the floor

Her tail wags a lot

And there are many more things she does. She is not a puppy, and she is CUTE!

Nice list.

I work as a professional driver. People buy things, I deliver them. You can imagine the MANY dogs I have to see every day.

Funny enough, I help people with their dogs, as a hobby, which makes it even more interesting.

I've met all sorts of dogs, bobtails, rotties, dobermann, amstaff, pitbull, GSD, etc, etc, etc.

The ONLY ones that ever bit, or threatened to bite, were a cocker spaniel, 2 maltesse, yorkishres, and once a chihuahua that tried to bite me but failed miserably.

The maltesse idiot even said;

"Oh, don't be afraid of them. They're just a couple of sweet little girls."

"Erm, Ma'am, they're making me bleed."

Really, I was on the verge of dropping the wardrobe on top of the dogs. My driving for the next couple of days was a living hell of pain, because the two white rats had bitten my ankles.

I LOVE dogs.

I have a Foxhound x Treewalking coonhound mix, called Belle. She's about 3 years old <3

And does anyone know how to exercise a fat dog? >___>

And does anyone know how to exercise a fat dog? >___>

Take them on walks. Play more outside.

Stick them on a treadmill?

Dogs exercise the same way humans do by being active. So anything that gets them moving around a lot would help. wink.gif

Take them on walks. Play more outside.

Stick them on a treadmill?

Dogs exercise the same way humans do by being active. So anything that gets them moving around a lot would help. wink.gif

Yes, but my dog ... well, I can't really walk her. Whenever she does, she barks at people, and she might even bite. So we don't dare go out. At times when the streets are empty I'll take her out, but then pull her back into the house when she sees a human. I need to get her used to people but don't know how. ;__;

The treadmill's a good idea, but I don't know how to convince her to get on the treadmill.. I believe she's terribly afraid of it. |D

Edit; I also try and get her to run around in the backyard (we have a huge backyard) but she only runs a little bit.

Edited by xFlame990

Yes, but my dog ... well, I can't really walk her. Whenever she does, she barks at people, and she might even bite. So we don't dare go out. At times when the streets are empty I'll take her out, but then pull her back into the house when she sees a human. I need to get her used to people but don't know how. ;__;

The treadmill's a good idea, but I don't know how to convince her to get on the treadmill.. I believe she's terribly afraid of it. |D

Edit; I also try and get her to run around in the backyard (we have a huge backyard) but she only runs a little bit.

Read up on training her on the leash, or consult with a trainer or behaviourist. Barking at people while on a walk doesn't mean the dog shouldn't be walked.

VERY basic advice: Put the dog on the leash, take her for a walk. When she barks, do not say anything, keep walking, give her a short little 'pop' with the leash to keep her moving. Take some treats with you and if the dog DOESN'T bark at a person, praise and reward.

Edit: While you're working on basic leash manners, also work on a solid 'sit' command at home. When you've got a good 'sit' on her and you have her out for a walk, you can start putting her into a sit when she crosses paths with people then start introducing them slowly. Give them a treat to offer her, maybe try teaching her a trick like 'shake'.

Edited by WereJace

Read up on training her on the leash, or consult with a trainer or behaviourist. Barking at people while on a walk doesn't mean the dog shouldn't be walked.

VERY basic advice: Put the dog on the leash, take it for a walk. When it barks, do not say anything, keep walking, give it a short little 'pop' with the leash to keep it moving. Take some treats with you and if the dog DOESN'T bark at a person, praise and reward it.

Thanks. I'll try that.

I'm just scared of the little kids who might run up and try to pet the dog. A kid tried that when I was walking her and my dog nearly bit him. I'm thinking of getting a muzzle for her but they don't exactly let her pant.

Thanks. I'll try that.

I'm just scared of the little kids who might run up and try to pet the dog. A kid tried that when I was walking her and my dog nearly bit him. I'm thinking of getting a muzzle for her but they don't exactly let her pant.

When someone comes running up to your dog, yell that she bites. Doesn't matter if it's true, but it seems to be the only thing that stops people from manhandling even friendly dogs. They shouldn't be charging your animal anyway.

Edit: If the dog is being calm, it's a good opportunity to teach them how to properly approach a dog (ask the owner politely if their dog is okay to pet, offer a flat hand for inspection, then go ahead and pet the dog if the owner says it's okay). I've done that with a few kids while I have my dog out, even though he's a complete mushpile.

Edited by WereJace

Thanks. I'll try that.

The muzzle when she's out is a *lot* better than the problems you'll be storing up if she doesn't get excercise. Dogs *need* excercise. Often quite a *lot* of it. You'll find that the less excecise she gets, the more of a problem she becomes. Dogs get bored, and destructive, if they're not excercised properly. A dog that is, basicaly, a ball of pent up energy is going to bark and strain the leash when you take her out for the first time in ages. The only thing that'll really solve it is training and making sure she's getting a good long walk every day.

There are also several options for muzzles, though I would avoid using one unless she's actually lunging and snapping. Leash corrections (not excessive) and redirection should be enough unless the dog has severe socialization/human aggression issues.

I Love Dogs !! There SOOO cute!!! Especailly when there puppies! <3

I have a dog <3

His name is Nike!

Hes a miniture Schnauser <3

Hes soo chubby xd.png <3

I was taking a walk and some random dog came up to me and drooled on me. dry.gif He was nice, though.

I left the house for half an hour yesterday and my dog was trying to escape from his crate by rubbing his face raw on the bars of it to try and bend them. He has a gash over his eye, and a raw, bloody, hairless 2inchx2inch spot on his cheek. It's disgusting. I just don't understand him. He hasn't even whined in his crate for so long, let alone tried to break out. And looking at the damage he must have tried breaking out the moment I left the house. "Dogs are safer in their crates than outside" my butt.

I used to love dogs until the people two floors up moved in... and then the people right above got one, too. Nemo (3rd floor) yaps almost constantly, which is bad enough on its own but even worse when his owner is around. She takes him for a walk (without a leash) and then screams at him for not listening to her and coming when she calls yells. She yells at him when she comes home so he'll start yapping... and then yells at him when she leaves BECAUSE he's yapping.

I know it isn't his fault that he's so ill-behaved; he obviously gets it from his owner, but ye gods! Last night she stood right outside my window (I hate living on the ground floor) and yelled at him for doing... something. AT MIDNIGHT.

The dog right above me seems to have lead paws because I can hear him thumping around the apartment (usually sounds like he's chasing a toy) and the walls actually shake a bit when he jumps up and down to snarl/bark at people walking by. *sigh*

If I can get some money together I'm gonna move out. Hopefully to a place that doesn't allow pets.

I always had dogs growing up and I loved them LOTS, but my neighbors are turning me into a cat person. I kinda resent that...

I left the house for half an hour yesterday and my dog was trying to escape from his crate by rubbing his face raw on the bars of it to try and bend them. He has a gash over his eye, and a raw, bloody, hairless 2inchx2inch spot on his cheek. It's disgusting. I just don't understand him. He hasn't even whined in his crate for so long, let alone tried to break out. And looking at the damage he must have tried breaking out the moment I left the house. "Dogs are safer in their crates than outside" my butt.

That happened to my Dachshund once and she actually DID bend the bars. I can take pics if you'd like to see. Her face was covered in drool and her nose had a raw spot on it. She's a lot better in the crate now though.

That happened to my Dachshund once and she actually DID bend the bars. I can take pics if you'd like to see. Her face was covered in drool and her nose had a raw spot on it. She's a lot better in the crate now though.

He did bend the bars, but I have so many locks on all the bars that he wasn't able to bend it enough to escape. :/

Without the locks, he could totally dismantle his crate before.