Actually, I'm not quite sure about if that's possible or not. o_O But I don't see what else could be bothering your dog. I really do think that you should take your shih-tzu to see a vet, if she continues to scratch.

Thank you! C=

Edited by Rainbowsh

The irritation could be something like a patch of dry skin.

That is such a beautiful dog, TwilightMoonDragon! happy.gif

----------

I just rembered that maybe your dog is allergic to something? My other dog, Black-Jack, was allergic to something and it maybe his paw itch like crazy. It was always bothering him. Maybe that's happening with your dog? And like Nectaris said too, it could just be a patch of dry skin.

Edited by Rainbowsh

Thx~ And I'll keep an eye on her if she scratches again. Also, she's shaved down to a "Puppy Cut", so she doesn't have much fur. xd.png

No, Apollo was a puppy when we got him, and when we brought him home he was bouncy and lovable. I have no idea what invoked this bizarre change, because we've always been friendly and calm around him.

I love dogs! you can ask me anything and I'll almost always be able to answer! happy.gif

Ohh. Well, Apollo does have a strange personality. I suppose some dogs are just like that. I guess it is some sort of a mystery. xd.png

http://www.youtube.com/user/NinaPoodle

my personal favorite channel.

Ohh! I looked at the channel and I absolutely love how that lady grooms the dogs' fur. <3 I wish I was able to groom my dogs' fur like that. o3o xd.png

Edited by Rainbowsh

The irritation could be something like a patch of dry skin.

It could also be displacement activity, if your dog can't get at wherever it is that's really hurting. We had a rescue dog with hip-displacia that used to lick and lick at one of her forepaws every time her hip hurt.

I have 3 dogs - one pittbull/mastiff/boxer mix, a lab and a cocker spaniel.

My pittbull, Sasha, has skin allergies so we are always giving her medicine and rubbing her down.

Emma, my mom found under a porch when she was doing a job for Home Depot, and we took her home, and she is... crazy. She hates being alone and cries when she is.

Our Cocker Spaniel... she barks at air. Seriously, she was outside and the wind was blowing and a plastic grocery bag came into our yard and she went CRAZY!

Anyway here are some pics -

Bailey and Sasha

user posted image

Emma

user posted image

I kinda want a dog. It would change my life for the better. Thing is, I'm kind-of afraid of dogs because they bark and bite and can be overall scary. My grandma used to and still owns some dogs that were always well-trained and never attacked me or anything. Around where I live though, people don't take care of the small, snippy dogs in their back yards, so it's all I hear sometimes. Another dog attacked me for no reason when I was out on a walk. I'm not really sure what to believe but I do miss my Grandma's dogs. She had a Border Collie mix and a Irish Wolfhound.

Diame - just because other dogs aren't trained doesn't mean yours wont be. If you get a dog that you want trained - get a puppy and start teaching him stuff and if you don't know how to there are a bunch of videos online teaching - or if you have some extra cash pay to have someone train them for you. Either way - dogs are very smart and can learn just about anything biggrin.gif

Diame - just because other dogs aren't trained doesn't mean yours wont be. If you get a dog that you want trained - get a puppy and start teaching him stuff and if you don't know how to there are a bunch of videos online teaching - or if you have some extra cash pay to have someone train them for you. Either way - dogs are very smart and can learn just about anything biggrin.gif

I know they can be very nice but I can't have one now...

/darn apartment. :c

I want to breed dalmations when I'm older.

Dalmatians. I'm sorry, this is just a massive pet peeve of mine. But it would be good to know how to spell it if you're going to breed them anyway. wink.gif

I have a mutt. We've never gotten her tested to see what mixes of she really is, but she looks a lot like Chocolate Lab/German Shepard/Chow. She's a great dog, but she's getting pretty old now, she's about 9. Still hyper as a puppy though, and very healthy. smile.gif

I love all kinds of animals and dogs are one of them. I was wondering what everyones fav dog breeds were. My fav dog breed is the Golden Retriever. wub.gif

(Still trying to convince family to let me get one.)

I love big dogs. All Ive ever had is real small dogs. *Scottish Terriers* I dont mind mix breeds or mutts. If I could I'd go out and adopt one right now.

I love big dogs. All dogs are wonderful but small/medium dogs tend to get under my feet and I don't like tripping over them.

I prefer mutts, and larger ones at that.

A lot of people in my hometown had chichuahuas, and they were really barky and annoying and got underfoot a lot...one chased me once. o-o I call small dogs like that anklebiters and rat-dogs. <w< Cute but annoying.

I like big dogs. Husky, Saint Bernard and Rottweilers are my favorites. They get old too fast, though. Little dogs are playful longer than the bigger dogs. I absolutely love by little Havanese/Chihuahua puppy! <3

I really dislike most small dogs. Sept mine. My scotties keep all the rats mice and rodents away. biggrin.gif