An online friend of mine has to have his 4-month-old husky puppy put down today. The little one somehow managed to fracture her spine, and her colon is paralyzed as a result. Meaning: She cannot defecate any more, and the fecal matter accumulates in her colon. sad.gif How on earth do you comfort someone who has lost one dog a few months ago (due to cancer), and now looses another one that's still so very, very young?

Although I don't own a Newfie, I remember when my daughter was just walking and met this huge Newfoundland that we've never met before. The dog just laid down and let my daughter pull herself up, leaning strongly on him. It was really cute to watch the little girl and the huge dog.

I've got a doggy too. Her name is Daša (yeah it sounds strange to you, because it's a Slovenian name biggrin.gif) She's a Beagle :3 We've got her for like 3 years. She's a bad dog biggrin.gif Just joking. She's a funny dog. I like it when she's hunting her tail. tongue.gif

I adore her <3

Here's my doggy on halloween! biggrin.gif

user posted image

I tried to dress up one of the cats. That was very unsuccessful.

No, it's cold and she's shaved down. ^^

She can still go out if you get her a sweater smile.gif

Damn, I deleted my previous post by accident, here it is again:

I agree with Princess Artemis. Ticks can be pretty much everywhere, and they stick to people's clothing, footwear, and such with them noticing. Some family member may have brought one to your house unintentionally.

I'm looking for some opinions here, too. My boyfriend and I are planning on buying a Newfoundland at some point (hopefully not too far from now), and we've been reading and searching for when we're ready. I just love that breed so much I'm sure I'm going to get one at some point of my life, but I don't know anyone who has a Newfie and would love to hear some stories from people who actually own one. I know how the standard temper is supposed to be, but I'm still curious about what an owner thinks of their own individual Newfoundland : ) their problems with it, their joys, etc etc.

So, do you own one? Or know someone who does?

@olympe: Now, that's cute! I love that trait Newfoundland have, they're big teddybears : )

@Syaoransbear: Did you put a wig on him? xd.pngD he looks adorable!

Edited by Ksiezyk

Our smaller dog, Scarlet just had another seizure, this is the second one today. She has never had seizures before. I have to admit that I am quite worried about her. We will be taking her to the vet, and I hope that everything goes well.

This is an old picture of her tearing something up:

user posted image

Edited by Nectaris

Damn, I deleted my previous post by accident, here it is again:

@olympe: Now, that's cute! I love that trait Newfoundland have, they're big teddybears : )

@Syaoransbear: Did you put a wig on him? xd.pngD he looks adorable!

I used clip in hair extensions for the mane and tail. They are individually clipped into his fur, so it actually looked like the hair was growing out of him biggrin.gif.

Edited by Syaoransbear

Hey!!!! Thats offencive!!! I know the sweetest dog EVER, and shes a longhair Chi-Chi!! Everyone in my famly OWNS a chihuahua!!!! They are my FAVES!!

Not everyone will have had the same experiences with certain dogs that you have.

I love all dogs, even if I appear to be more of a cat lover.

My language arts teacher got a new german shepherd mix. She showed us a picture of her today and she's ah-do-ra-ble ^___^ German shepherds are so qt <3

We have five dogs; two german shepherds, a collie cross, some kind of lurcher, and a dingo...thingy.

The last three were from shelters, so no idea of their parentage xd.png

Edited by Fortune86

I'd love to have my own dog, but I don't have the possibility right now. First I must finish my exams, move to a new appartment, get a job... sad.gif

4 poodles here!!!! YEAH! Acctually, 3 poodles then a st. bernard x poodle...

I loved the time when one of them slid across the room on the hardwood floor... it was hilarious.

I have a dog in Fallout 3 who I have become quite attached to, and panic whenever I get back to my Megaton house to find he's wandered off. Again.

Next door's dog gave birth to seven pure-bred golden Labs two months ago - I spent many happy afternoons sitting in their pen playing with them. Alas there is only the one left now...would have gladly bought one if we could afford the time.

I love labs! I used to have a golden lab smile.gif. Now I have a schnoodle. He's pretty wild!!

Love doggies. But sadly we've been without one for quite a while. sad.gif

We had a wonderful German Shepherd x Lab mix (our second dog of that sort <3) who passed away about two years ago. It was awful, he went from perfectly healthy to having a terrible leg... seizure... thing I don't even know what in the blink of an eye, and he was put to sleep next morning. The first major loss in my life, and it still hurts to think on much.

We then got a puppy we were told was the same type of mix. He turned out to be a pit bull. I imagine that there are nice pit bulls out there, but this dog was... not suited for our kid-and-cat filled family. Now, as I said, we have owned dogs before, will own dogs again in future, and have always loved dogs. We didn't go herpderp too much work and get rid of him because of that. But he was destroying everything in the house and biting everyone constantly and still peeing and pooping everywhere after months, and we ended up bringing him back to the shelter. Even the woman who worked there (who had originally expressed skepticism at our concerns) agreed upon his return that he probably would've bitten someone enough to do serious harm if he didn't get therapy or... whatever it is they do to better socialize dogs.

Sadly after that mom's been rather put off getting a new dog until my youngest sibling is older, and thus gives her more time to invest in training a new puppy. We've been without a dog in the house for about a year now. sad.gif

BUT! My cousin's dog (a purebred yellow lab) is pregnant, and last time they had trouble selling all the puppies. I get along with them really well, and they said if they have such troubles again perhaps I can get one of the remaining ones for free... now to convince mom to go alone with it! ;A;

Dogs scare me, and a lot of them don't like me for some reason. I'll enter the room and they start barking and growling at me as soon as they notice... I've never actually had one attack me, though, at least not that I can remember.

I don't mind the ones that don't immediately become hostile towards me much, though, but I'm still wary of them unless I've known them for awhile. My grandma had a couple of dogs when I was younger that I never had a problem with. I miss them. :<

I've had some problems with dog PEOPLE, though. All the kids who bullied me in my elementary school and at my old babysitter's around 6-7 years ago were dog people, and they would openly verbally attack me just for preferring cats and "thinking I'm a cat" (among other things.) I know it was just that they were jerks and most dog people aren't like that, though. :V