I love dogs! i literally grew up with dogs, my parents had one(a Black poodle mix) when i was born, and when she died, we got another one(a mutt) but we had to give him away when we moved states, then we got our current dog, a Bichon Frise. He just turned 2 this August 8. <3

Edited by xXLatiasxXxLatiosXx

Lucky. I would give anything to have that many dogs. And if it were cats...well, there's no saying what I wouldn't do rolleyes.gif

Edited for typo

Edited by Stunningfire

I have a faun boxer. biggrin.gif She's 8 years old now. She's getting old and showing it. Her ears went from deep brown to mostly white in the past two years.

Some dogs get old but keep their energy and you can't even tell they're old. X3 I know one of those.

Wer have 3 large adult dogs, all mutts. They're the sweetest dogs, they're super affectionate.

Have any of you seen This? That makes me angry. D<

I just got a dog yesterday, his name is max and he's a purebred black Labrador. If you want to see how he looks like, I have his picture as my avatar.

What a cutie!

I love dogs. I raised a guide dog puppy and it was the most awesome thing ever. Right now I have two old lady pugs, haha. In the future I want a Boston Terrier, Harlequin Great Dane, Dalmatian, and a mutt or two. Not all at the same time of course, yikes!

I do like cats too however, but am much more of a dog person. It's just so annoying when you try and pet a cat and they get over-stimulated and attack you without warning. Our cat now is very tolerant though. We socialized her really well and she'll let you do just about anything to her!

I like dogs. Cats, too. My dog, Honey Bear, is a Husky/Shepherd mix that I adopted from a shelter 4 1/2 years ago. They estimated that she was 4 at the time. Here she is, dog tired after a long hike in Minnesota's Boundary Waters Canoe Area wilderness.

user posted image

don't love dogs so much unsure.gif I'm afraid of them, especially of barking ones. when I was small, a dog bit me on my bum, it was painful and humiliating. since that me and dogs are no friends. but still I can't deny that baby-puppies are adorable.

I love dog too that I had long ago when I young that we had yorkshire terror but I miss him when we move in 1989 and he die of kidney problem and he very old from my first house in Ballwin, St Louis Mo. I have picture of him. I love this kind of dog so now we had cat oh well. I like both cat and small dog msyelf. my brother and my sister in law of my brother's wife had pug name sarge cute. I almost play with him when visit my brother in Denver colorado every year in Aug for his birthday and Jill's birthday late for me. both pets are cute as well. smile.gif

My parents have had dogs even before they had children.

We've always had Jämthund and East Siberian Laika.

We keep dogs for hunting, but they are also very friendly and lovable as family dogs.

Edited by Ripan

My parents have had dogs even before they had children.

We've always had Jämthund and East Siberian Laika.

We keep dogs for hunting, but they are also very friendly and lovable as family dogs.

My partner and I would like one of those (either breed, funnily enough) but they're very difficult to get in the UK. sad.gif

I just love dogs... my dogs is my life!

I have four Yorkshire Terries and their are just adorable smile.gif

At the moment we have six dogs

Five Yorkies and one Dachshund!

We are actually dog sitting two of them, so thats why we have six now...

My dogs can almost be part of an awesome lineage since I have the grandmother, the children and grand children xd.png

Edited by DragonSpirit009

I have a Pomeranian back home, and I would love to have her living with us at the moment, but our current place of residence doesn't allow dogs. =/ Though as far as I know, it sounds like we'll be moving when our lease is up this summer, so maybe it will be soon.

Other dogs living back home with my family are a Siberian Husky, yellow Lab and a German Pointer.

Puppies are actually harder to take care of than when their adults. Think about it, they need to be fed more, they need to be taught not to bite, they need to be watched all the time, potty trained, ect. That's the case with my pup. He bites me at every chance he gets. And it hurts. Badly. Puppy teeth are sharper than big dog teeth, so it would hurt.

I love dogs- and animals in general. I get along with them better than I get along with people. My house usually has nearly thirty or so dogs milling around in it. My family runs an animal shelter of sorts where abandoned and unwanted animals can find a home. Most of them are our "desi" breed- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pariah_dog. My own dog is Elsa. She's a Rampur hound/Lab/who knows what else mix and she's beautiful.

I find it rather sad that most people in my country don't appreciate the "pariah" dogs. They are lovely, loyal, good natured and strong. They have a dazzling variety of markings and colours and they actually live for quite a long time. And if you see to it that they get their vaccinations they are a remarkably healthy breed too.

Puppies are actually harder to take care of than when their adults. Think about it, they need to be fed more, they need to be taught not to bite, they need to be watched all the time, potty trained, ect. That's the case with my pup. He bites me at every chance he gets. And it hurts. Badly. Puppy teeth are sharper than big dog teeth, so it would hurt.

I don't think really anyone would argue differently. It's almost always harder to take care of a baby animal than an adult.

Its my theory that puppies are so adorable because otherwise people would kill them smile.gif

I have a nice little black spaniel mutt, and I'm part of a forum for dogs, and I basically just love them

i like most dogs. but there is one dog i don't like and that is the chihuahua. talk about a useless dog that serves no real function. all they do is bark. here's what you should do is round them all up and release them in the forest and see how long they last. * chihuahua runs up to big wolf and goes 'yip yip yip' wolf goes 'crunch' no more dog.* if i could have any dog it would be a great dane or some other very big dog. although i wouldn't mind having a chocolate lad or german shepherd.

I LOVE DOGS SO MUCH i dont really go much on cats for two reasons i have spent all my life with dogs one at a time (5 in total) and when i was younge i got clawed by one >.> my dad hates cats so i think i also get it from there but i dont mind them since my aunt has a kitten that never leave my side when i visit n.n anyway since its a dog thred i have a jack russell he never barks bites or none of the sterio types (exept when he was a puppy we went away and left him with my broher and my brother who is always on call of duty let him bite holes in the wall o.o i still dunno how he managed that) and he was very cute as a puppy when we told him of for urinating in the house he used to run under the oven and only stick his nose out xd.png he is 6 now smile.gif and still very hyper he sometimes runs around the garden when he has his funny five minutes (we have 3 layers in our back garden he gets tires easy out there) we also has fish and he tries to catch them and sometimes he falls on the net and we have to pick him off o.o but i think the funniest things he has ever done was 1) when our new neighbors moved in he got his head caught in the fence spying on them xd.png and 2) when he was outside he fell of the wall on his back trying to look in the window our garden in set out like this btw

(wall) (space)(window)

(wall) (floor)(wall)

I can't decide between working lines vs german show lines for my next german shepherd puppy. I'm looking for an intro schutzhund dog, but I could find that in either of the lines. What I really need is a rock solid temperament, which leans towards working lines. But I don't want a crazy energetic dog that needs like 5 hours of intense exercise a day in order to be sane.

And I like black sables(working lines):

user posted image

and red and black saddlebacks(german show lines):

user posted image

pretty equally, so I can't even decide based on looks, although I would prefer a plush coat(show lines) but I like the topline of working lines better.

Structure wise, I want something very athletic but with a larger head and bone structure. That's also in either of the lines, although working lines would be more athletic.

Decisions, decisions....

We currently have two dogs. Scarlet is a jack russel terrier/australian shepherd mix. Her body is built like a jack russel, but she is a reddish, sandy color with white paws and a white blaze on her chest. We got her from a friend who breeds australian shepherds(the mother is an escape artist apparently, she was not meant to have pups that year, much less mixed breed pups).

The other, April, we believe is a lab/border collie mix. She is a tall dog, weight wise, she isn't that big, but she has very long legs, she has a very elegant looking walk.

Unfortunately, both are getting up in years, though they don't act it. As she is big, I worry about April the most, she is approaching 11 years old.