bbik

The Allure of Neglected Dragons

The site won't load for me today! I've tried several times to add my scroll, but nothing on AoND loads. I don't know if it's just my junky computer, of it's actually down, so I'm just dropping a post here.

The site won't load for me today! I've tried several times to add my scroll, but nothing on AoND loads. I don't know if it's just my junky computer, of it's actually down, so I'm just dropping a post here.

I haven't had any trouble with it today. I've loaded my scroll and changed it several times (tried again after reading your message and it worked fine).

edit: Is your scroll hidden?

Edited by rubyshoes

I haven't had any trouble with it today. I've loaded my scroll and changed it several times (tried again after reading your message and it worked fine).

edit: Is your scroll hidden?

No it isn't, but I can't even get to the scroll load page. NONE of the site will load. It tried for a couple minutes then the connection times out.

No it isn't, but I can't even get to the scroll load page. NONE of the site will load. It tried for a couple minutes then the connection times out.

I'm sorry I wasn't of more help. sad.gif

Are other fansites having the same problem for you?

I'm on it right now and having no trouble with the site.

I'm sorry I wasn't of more help. sad.gif

Are other fansites having the same problem for you?

Jamenia's isn't loading for me, but I don't use it that much. It hasn't worked for me in a couple weeks (not sure exactly how long). I don't know what else to do differently. AoND is the main site I use and it was working fine for me last night. It may just be my sad old computer. I'll just have to make due. Thanks rubyshoes! happy.gif

Jamenia's isn't loading for me, but I don't use it that much. It hasn't worked for me in a couple weeks (not sure exactly how long). I don't know what else to do differently. AoND is the main site I use and it was working fine for me last night. It may just be my sad old computer. I'll just have to make due. Thanks rubyshoes! happy.gif

Your welcome. smile.gif Good luck.

I can't seem to connect with the site right now, just getting the Internal Server Error message. Repeatedly. Doesn't seem like the site is down, so why can't I connect? It is my main site, so I really hope everything is all right.

@ThatDeadGirl - Conversely, I've had no problem at all using Jaemaia and was last there yesterday.

ETA: And, of course, as soon as I post here, it loads! blink.gif

Edited by dragongrrl

It was a very fast update, but the popups *should* have stopped early this afternoon. You might have to hard refresh (Ctrl+F5) a time or three for it to take effect, though.

Just wanted to pop in here to note that, after two days away from the computer, this morning I got one of those "DC interfering with clicking" popups. According to your post they are supposed to be gone now, though? Maybe a few bits are lingering or something?

Were they gone for you previously, and they just resurfaced? Or have the popups continued all along, and are still there all these days later?

If it's the second, you need to either clear your cache, or force it to update -- aka hard refresh. I've found that sometimes it takes a few tries for a hard refresh to kick in.

If it's the first, I'm less sure what to say. The popups shouldn't have any way to still show up, but perhaps whatever server chain your browser went through to reach AoND has an old copy saved, and sent you that version, instead of the current one? I'm not sure.

I hadn't been on the site for nearly a week, I think... the popups were there a week ago, and they are still there.

I just cleared my cache and hard-refreshed, and after 5 minutes on the site I got the popup again.

I hadn't been on the site for nearly a week, I think... the popups were there a week ago, and they are still there.

I just cleared my cache and hard-refreshed, and after 5 minutes on the site I got the popup again.

Eep, sorry, forgot to follow up on this. Turns out my quick popup removal did in fact miss part. It should be fixed for real, now. You'll probably have to hard refresh another time or three. If it still doesn't seem to be fixing itself, try hard refreshing the popup viewer specifically. And then if it still has problems, please let me know again.

After running into space issues on my own signature I have created a second button/banner for this site that everyone is welcome to use:

user posted image

Enjoy!

Meep, it just dawned on me that I never acknowledged your banner! Being the unlucky last post on a page while I was in the middle of a computer-swap totally pushed it out of my mind after I saw it. It's beautiful, though. biggrin.gif I've now added it to the first post, and I'll add it to the on-site list with the next update.

I has issues. I was trying to check a lineage length and am repeatedly getting

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 261900 bytes) in /home/content/43/8217543/html/NDER/Lineage.php on line 260

Just so you know sad.gif

I has issues. I was trying to check a lineage length and am repeatedly getting

<memory complaint>

Just so you know sad.gif

Is there a dragon with a fully-numeric code somewhere in the lineage? If yes, then it's a known problem, and even has a probable solution, I just haven't had a chance to test it thoroughly enough. I've been working on another site overhaul, and I'm hoping to get the lineage fix out with the other updates, but it could be a while yet, unfortunately. sad.gif

Would you mind making a note of the code somewhere for future reference, though? That way, when I get the next update out, you can check and make sure I remembered the fix, as well?

Is there a dragon with a fully-numeric code somewhere in the lineage? If yes, then it's a known problem, and even has a probable solution, I just haven't had a chance to test it thoroughly enough. I've been working on another site overhaul, and I'm hoping to get the lineage fix out with the other updates, but it could be a while yet, unfortunately. sad.gif

Would you mind making a note of the code somewhere for future reference, though? That way, when I get the next update out, you can check and make sure I remembered the fix, as well?

Sure. You have PM, then you can keep it to test ! It is at least 25th; I got bore after a while... and so messy and inbred that I froze it.

And yes - there is ! Luckily fairly recently - I would otherwise have said YOU could find it !

I'd like to see gender of the adult I'm tracking, I'd also like to be able to modify my dragon breeding check list so that it shows the dragon I'm breeding regularly

! don't care if refuals are shown as dragon cave removes refusals from breeding lists

I'd prefer 3B though I'd settle for 3A

I prefer 4A, would be great to see breeding success rate between dragons but not neccassary and 5B

Is this fansite down for anyone else? I can't seem to access it. I'm not sure what to do without the ND er xd.png

I'm on it but the ER is acting weird.

Edit: now I can't get it to work.

Edited by Jedi40

I was in the chat last night and I think bbik was suspecting the sudden surge of four day old eggs and the sharp increase in traffic. It's working for me today, but a bit slowly.

It's working fine for me and has been throughout....

Well - except when the CAVE fell over !