bbik

The Allure of Neglected Dragons

It's wonderful to see the site is back!! Many thanks for all the hard work.<3 smile.gif

Thanks for all your time and energy keeping this fansite operational. I truly appreciate you-all biggrin.gif

Good to have the site back! Thank you for your dedication & hard work!

Seems smoother than it was - way to go you !

Thank you guys for all of your hard work! The site appears to work perfectly for me.

You guys are WONDERFUL, thanks!

*passes cookies and a good, stiff shot of well-deserved milkshake/tea/add choice around*

Edit: got yet another mail-fail message posting this, though it went through OK, wonder what's up with that?

Edited by Syphoneira

*passes cookies and a good, stiff shot of well-deserved milkshake/tea/add choice around*

Oh, cookies and milkshake! That sounds like a great combination! Especially considering the weather. *munches*

Mail-fail is some forum thing, no idea. Clearly something was changed recently, not quite properly, considering how many of us have started seeing it.

I'm not able to get the site to load at all...

It took me an hour or two after the site was apparently back (according to friends and posts here) to be able to access it myself. And against all assurances, it seems like there was an IP change and a DNS update, so I'm going to guess that was my problem, and is still what's causing yours. DNS can take up to 48 hours to update (arg, so long), so if you still can't access the site by then, let me know. I don't know that there'll be anything I can do about it, if it doesn't fix itself, but I can poke around.

I believe there is also a way to flush your DNS records locally and force it to update sooner, but I don't remember what it is off-hand. Rebooting the router might work, though. Or see if google will give you the proper method. Just keep in mind that if it's some middle step that's not updated, flushing on your end won't help anything. sad.gif

Thank you for updating the site! I had no idea your site had so much traffic. I really appreciate your dedication to this fansite, it is one of my favorites! *passes chocolate cake*

Great! I'm glad it didn't take the full possible 48 hours. That'd have been frustrating.

You guys are going to give me a sugar overload! Though, I have been craving sugar lately... Hmm.

I can't get the site to load, and it seems to be just me, not everyone. Any suggestions? I had an ND I wanted to try to do, but its TOD is awfully close. ohmy.gif

I can't get the site to load, and it seems to be just me, not everyone. Any suggestions? I had an ND I wanted to try to do, but its TOD is awfully close. ohmy.gif

Check my response to trekwriter, near the bottom of the last page. Unfortunately, that's the only real "solution" I have right now, since the probability is so high that the problem is just a time-based thing.

the site loads for me - but when I try to check inbreds it comes up with a server error - very annoying. Any ideas what went wrong?

the site loads for me - but when I try to check inbreds it comes up with a server error - very annoying. Any ideas what went wrong?

Sometimes that happens to me as well but when I'd go back later (may be an hour or so later) and try again it would work fine.

Some codes will work eventually, as rubyshoes mentioned, but others don't seem to work at all. You're welcome to keep trying and hope yours are in the "works eventually" group though.

As for what causes it... I'm still working on that. Every reason I've come up with so far refuses to cause problems when tested specifically, so I'm rather at a loss as to where I should be looking. Some recode attempts to fix bugs I do know the cause of will hopefully help the errors as well... But in the meantime, the fixes are creating more new bugs than the old ones they're intended to fix. So it's a rather slow work in progress.

If it gives you the error, though, it's a pretty safe bet the dragon is inbred, heavily so. That doesn't help if you're looking for the specific number, but it's about all I can offer right now. :-/

Edited by bbik

I dunno if this will help you narrow it down any but when I try these two I get this error message

FrlM

dSA5

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Apache Server at www.coup-detat.info Port 80

This one comes up fine however

hdcW

I love that site! It has helped me with every dragon I have had so far ^w^ I thought the site was going to go down because of a recent message that was posted on it. Everything seems to be cleared up though.

This is an amazing site, my eggs always hatch on time. Since my parents are mean, I can't donate to NDER but I would if I could. Keep up the good work!

I dunno if this will help you narrow it down any but when I try these two I get this error message

Unfortunately, the error it gives is so non-specific as to be entirely useless.

However! I have now recoded the inbred checker at least three times, and finally got my brain working the right ways to combine the proper pieces from each version, and the much-improved result seems to work, even on the stubborn codes. I've also poked TJ about a couple API oddities in the meantime, and probably broken the lineage viewer. rolleyes.gif So I'll be holding off on updates until I can do some testing on both pages, and make sure I fix whatever I broke. It wouldn't accomplish much to give you all an update that just moves the problems from one page to another.

The unfortunate part is that I might not be able to do/finish any of that for at least another week -- this week is already promising to be chaos. I'll get it done as soon as I can, though, and switch back over to the breed tracker after that.

@Dragon Tamer Akira, @Bobbica

I'm glad you both like the site. smile.gif I'm still astonished at the number of people who use it, and that number just keeps going up!

I got onto the site just fine, but when I tried to enter dragons, it timed out repeatedly.

Now I just get:

Unable to connect

Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at www.coup-detat.info.

* The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few

moments.

* If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network

connection.

* If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure

that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

*sniffles*

Been trying to see how any views the egg or hatchling has got to go while I have it in the ER but when I click onto said object, instead of it coming up in the window like it had been doing I get the full dragons page. Anyone else have this happen to them?

Edited by Jedi40

Just had that happen on DDF - must have been some change made during maintenance just now that's caused this...