bbik

The Allure of Neglected Dragons

Bug report:

I found a glitch in the Action Trackers.

With only 4-digit codes, it works fine.

When I add 5-digit codes I get this:

Example 1

user posted image

Example 2

user posted image

I've only added 2 5-digit codes to each action tacker, which might be why there's only two lines that are weird. Haven't tried it with more/less.

I'm having lots of trouble with the scroll stats banner thingy. I can't color it! Whenever I click the palettes, nothing happens, and when I try to guess at what the colors will be called, (IE, numbers, name of color, etc) it gives me an error message! Someone please help me? It's not that big a deal, but I'd still love help ^^.

Figured out how to use it smile.gif Great addon! It's weird; first, I clicked and nothing worked, but after a few reloads, it worked smile.gif

Edited by PieMaster

Bug report:

I found a glitch in the Action Trackers.

With only 4-digit codes, it works fine.

When I add 5-digit codes I get this: *snip*

Odd. I have no idea what could be causing that, but I'll look into it.

Late thought, but... Since Fertility lasts until breeding, no matter how long that takes, should it use the influence setup instead, so you can record which dragon you fertilized?

Never mind. Fixed smile.gif

Edited by fuzzbucket

quick question - what would cause AoND to show 'error' in the healthy/sick coloum?

it happened this morning to one of my Terrae eggs, and again just now with a white.

TD.x.

ps, i love AoND - it's very user friendly, and VERY handy when scroll-sitting x

Odd.  I have no idea what could be causing that, but I'll look into it.

Should be fixed.

quick question - what would cause AoND to show 'error' in the healthy/sick coloum?

it happened this morning to one of my Terrae eggs, and again just now with a white.

TD.x.

ps, i love AoND - it's very user friendly, and VERY handy when scroll-sitting x

If DC times out while checking a dragon for sickness, it'll show error instead. I figured that was better than refusing to show the entire page, and hopefully it doesn't happen often. If it becomes more of a problem, I'll add in a little note to explain it when it happens.

I'm glad you like it. smile.gif

Odd. I have no idea what could be causing that, but I'll look into it.

Late thought, but... Since Fertility lasts until breeding, no matter how long that takes, should it use the influence setup instead, so you can record which dragon you fertilized?

That sounds like a good idea, especially since the fertilized dragon isn't removed from the "DC pick list" (or at least it wasn't when I used it a couple of days ago).

Another minor update:

* Faint row-highlighting in Daycare and Trackers

* Quick and dirty growing totals in the Daycare This many dragons is scary!

* Daycare rows compressed a teensy tiny bit more to fit more dragons on-screen at once.

* Behind the scenes code clean-up.

As always, let me know if you find anything buggy.

I'll get the Fertility tracker switched over next. Bleh, just realized switching it over won't work quite how I want; fertilized dragons can remain so forever, if not bred, but the BSA still comes back out of cooldown every two weeks, so deleting the fertilized dragon just because the BSA is available again wouldn't make much sense. I'll still work on it, but it'll almost certainly take longer. I may even do the breed tracker first, so I can tie fertility-status into that, instead of the fertility tracker. We'll see.

Edited by bbik

I love the little counter on the add your dragon page that lets me know how many growing eggs/hatchies I have. That's a wonderful addition to the site.

And another little update. Because I can. The Daycare now also shows stat ratios for your dragons.

Now if I could just stop poking at silly little things, and get back to the big stuff, we might get a *real* update again sometime... laugh.gif

I'm still curious to hear what people feel would be a good color-expiration time for unused banners, too.

How can I make a neglected dragon without them dying?How long should I wait, max, before sending my eggs to the hatcheries?

yay i love the little

You have 5 eggs and 6 hatchlings on top of your scroll!

It was not there before was it?

It was not there before was it?

Nope, it's new. smile.gif

How can I make a neglected dragon without them dying?How long should I wait, max, before sending my eggs to the hatcheries?

We're not allowed to discuss how to make NDs on the forum, but there's a tutorial for part of the process here, and a chat room linked from the Extras page which usually has people willing to help, as well. I think there's a thread floating around somewhere with a list of people you could PM, too, but I'm not sure where.

The freeze tracker is updated to match the trophy increases -- just set your trophy next time you use it, and it'll be good to go.

Thank you for all the updates!

You know what? Your site is so great that I stopped using any other fansites months ago, AoND is more than enough, if egg doesn't get enough views to hatch at 4 day mark I just add it to ER, an hour later it's done and I know that in case of sudden incerase of traffic like during new release, they are perfectly safe. No real need for more fansites. Yet you constantly add new cool features to make AoND even more useful site. I can't imagined how I was rising my dragons before laugh.gif

As for the time limit for unused banners, do we really need that long? huh.gif I was going to say two weeks at most. Come on if someone didn't put it anywhere why keep it?

Also I have a... umm, question I guess, about the banner, I just though it was strange. Not that it bothered me or anything I'm just curious how and why it happened. I have banner in a signature on some forum, I was there last night some time after midnight and banner was violet/pink just like I set it. Today I logged in about 1 pm, so more or less 13 hours after 'using' the banner for the last time and it was green, reverted to default colours. I wasn't much concerned though, browsed the forum (in Chrome), no change. Few hours later I decided to open FF which automatically opens the tab with AoND. I didn't do anything, I didn't even look at any of the sites in FF as It loads for a while during which I browse further in Chrome, and suddenly banner was custom colours again.

Is it done that way? That if I don't visit AoND for few hours it reverts to default? or it was just a temporary bug? I read somewhere that it might reverse to dafault if not used for some time but I though it would be a day at lest and I didn't associate 'using' with actually opening AoND. Either way it doesn't bother me I just thought I'd ask since I might never have a chance to see it again as I usually have both browsers and AoND open all the time I'm online wink.gif

I have banner in a signature on some forum, I was there last night some time after midnight and banner was violet/pink just like I set it. Today I logged in about 1 pm, so more or less 13 hours after 'using' the banner for the last time and it was green, reverted to default colours. ... Few hours later ... and suddenly banner was custom colours again.

The host seems to be having some lag/timeout issues lately, so I'm going to guess there was some problem connecting to the database to get your custom colors. If the signature script can't find custom colors, it uses the default ones, so that you at least have a banner, even if not quite how you wanted it.

Once it creates the banner, it doesn't update it until the banner is at least an hour old (updating more often would strain both DC and AoND), and that includes not changing the colors. After an hour, it updates again, and since it went back to the correct custom colors, presumably the host's server decided to play nice that time, sent the script the colors, and the script remade the banner properly.

There is no browser restriction, nor is there a requirement to visit AoND to keep colors, nor will the time limit for reverting to default colors be less than a day -- probably not less than a week. Right now there is no limit in place at all, so the only reason for a color glitch would be an internal connection problem. And unfortunately, there's nothing I can do to improve that; it's all on the host.

All that aside, I'm glad you find the site so useful! Stay tuned, there's more coming!

Thanks for the answer, I was suspecting it was something like that, just the coincident that it decided to play along in the exact moment that I opened the site made me wander if it really was just a coincident wink.gif

Like I said before it doesn't bother me in the slightest bit, I fight with various lags and what not all the time, I'm not easily discouraged by something so little, so don't worry, it was all just curiosity wink.gif

Can't wait for more! laugh.gif

How can I not have noticed that there is a place to enter the code for the egg you have influenced on the influence action tracker? That is a great feature, since I often forget which way I have influenced an egg.

When I try to update my eggs and hatchies I got this

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache Server at www.coup-detat.info Port 80

Anyone has the same problem? unsure.gif

I have gotten a similar error message at times, but a simple refresh has always taken care of it.

I'm refreshing from 20-30 minutes, but every time got this message

EDIT: Nevermind, it's fix now

Edited by alliana1

I am hoping that because I am using this site now that I will be able to get a neglected this time xd.png C'mon lucky website!!

I have been a very regular user of AoND for the past few months, and tonight the usage has spiked with 121 eggs in the ER, not counting hatchlings. That's about double the normal high i see there! Is this a good thing or will it be an additional strain for the server?

I have been a very regular user of AoND for the past few months, and tonight the usage has spiked with 121 eggs in the ER, not counting hatchlings. That's about double the normal high i see there! Is this a good thing or will it be an additional strain for the server?

At the moment it's now up to showing Eggs ( 45 out of 152 ) ...

I guess as long as they're shown in rotation the server's OK, but that might not be good for ND experiments?