bbik

The Allure of Neglected Dragons

There may be a problem with the site. Whenever I try to enter my scroll, I get the message that DC may be laggy or down and the site will not let me remove hatched hatchlings from the ER or remove adults from the ER.

Same problem with the lineage viewer.

Hopefully things will get back to normal, I love this site. xd.png

Seems like the API access died. I'm looking into it.

In the meantime, I've emptied the ER, to prevent all those poor stuck dragons from being over-viewed and getting sick. It looks like a few of them already were, but they should be able to recover now that they're not getting even more views piled on. As for the hatchery, I'm just going to leave that be, for now. Hopefully this all gets sorted out quickly so it can clean itself out; otherwise... Dunno. I'll come up with something.

Sigh, hope you can get it fixed soon it is my favorite site also since the daycare was added sad.gif

Ooohhh, I so hope you get this site back up! It is soooo needed! You

have such convenient features and user friendly it quickly jumped to

#1 favorite.

Any news at all, bbik ? It's so odd that others seem to be working....

I use your site several times a day to check on the status of my dragons and always give one round of complete viewing. *crosses fingers and hopes for a quick recovery*

Oh noez. This means my ND-exps are going to be on their own.

sad.gif

Hope it comes back soon.

There's some reports in the news that Amazon.com lost a ton of routers and caused blackouts all over. Maybe it's just an ISP/hosting type issue.

There may be a problem with the site. Whenever I try to enter my scroll, I get the message that DC may be laggy or down and the site will not let me remove hatched hatchlings from the ER or remove adults from the ER.

Same with me

They should hurry up and fix it. ASAP

Seems like the API access died. I'm looking into it.

In the meantime, I've emptied the ER, to prevent all those poor stuck dragons from being over-viewed and getting sick. It looks like a few of them already were, but they should be able to recover now that they're not getting even more views piled on. As for the hatchery, I'm just going to leave that be, for now. Hopefully this all gets sorted out quickly so it can clean itself out; otherwise... Dunno. I'll come up with something.

Just bringing bbik's response to the problem to the new page so more can see it.

I have to admit I'm a little relieved to know that it's a site thing and everyone is getting those errors. Whenever I have problems with a site I automatically think it's my internet connection (which sucks). I hope you can fix it, bbik!

Any updates?

Nothing useful. sad.gif

I'll try and get an old version of the ER up so we can at least use that part, but I don't have time to deal with it right now, unfortunately. Maybe tonight, when I get back home, depending on how late that is.

Happy Easter to anyone who celebrates it!

Okay, glad the site wasn't just suddenly ditched. I noticed the problem a day or so ago, figured I'd try later, only to see the whole site looking like it got hit with the glitch. ninja.gif I have other fan sites I use, but AoND is my main... glad to see it's being looked into. *also crosses fingers for the site* Die, mysterious API problem, die!

On the plus side, the action trackers seem to still be good! I've really come to rely on that influence tracker. xd.png

I have come to rely on AOND as my primary site for all my babies, so I'm sending wishes of good luck and perfect skill in repairing the connection to the Cave. I tried loading a baby in the ER about an hour ago, but the site said it could not verify my hatchling's status and rejected it. When it works again, we will be back, because everything about the way it has worked has been wonderful, and I am missing it right now!

Started to shake when AoND appeared to have trouble, LOL. Thanks for all your efforts, bbik. It's such a beautifully designed and comprehensive fansite, it would be a shame to lose it.

Thank you for working on it, bbik! I've really come to love the site, especially the ER. Happy Easter, everyone!

Was wondering what was going on. AoND is normally the only site I need, so I haven't even been using any others. Glad I saved my bookmarks tho, looks like I'll need somewhere else until this problem is solved.

*sending bbik lots of luck, skill and chocolate*

I'll try and get an old version of the ER up so we can at least use that part...

Well, that won't work. I'd forgotten just how much I'd updated the code between the last non-API version and now; it's far too drastic to just paste some bits in quickly and have it up and running again like I had hoped. It would be possible to make it work again, but quite frankly, I don't have the time to sort out all the various things that would have to be altered to accomplish that. Way too much stuff has decided that this week is a perfect time for it to all blow up at once, on DC, off DC, online, IRL, everywhere, and I don't have time to deal with any of it, much less all of it. I'm really sorry guys. Maybe things will calm down and I'll have time after all, but I'm certainly not going to promise anything.

However, as someone pointed out, the trackers, at least, still work. They're not connected to DC at all, so as long as AoND's host doesn't die, the trackers will still work, no matter what happens to DC. And the unfog alarm will work, too, in case you have any use for that.

I'll keep you all posted. *runs off with the chocolate*

hope the hatchery will be working again soon. it's my favourite one! I'm also missing it.