bbik

The Allure of Neglected Dragons

First of all - I LOVE THE changes !!! I am so happy that I can now track a lot of stuff. If at all possible I would love for it to be possible to add dragon names to the codes - all my dragons are named so I use the note pad system.

As for your questions :

1: Do you want to see the gender of the adult you're tracking?

I think that will be handy if you are tracking a large number of dragons for breeding projects.

2A: Do you want to see only a list of which mates refused?

I must admit I am not so concerned about that as they will no longer show up on the breeding list - I would be most interested in option 2C but would settle tongue.gif for 2C

3: If you want a list of all mates (2C), how should the result be shown?

If you list the date for all egg and dates all the breeding attempts that will make the list easier I guess. Not sure if all that info is needed as I have not been THAT serious about breeding yet.

4A: If you want to track whether or not an egg was produced, do you only want to know that one was/wasn't?

In order to keep the list reasonably short, you could just have the link to the egg, makes it fast to just recheck if needed.

5A: Do you want to have all of your recorded dragons showing at once? Depending on the choices for questions 2 and 3, this could quickly grow very long.

I would be interested in being able to see more than one dragon's lineage at a time

6+: Is there anything else a breeding tracker should have?

I would LOVE with all the trackers if it was possible to have them send a pop-up message to a calendar program or something like that - so you get a message "today x can breed again" - I know I know ... I am greedy - but what the heck - you have done such an amazing job already biggrin.gif

Thanks. smile.gif  And good luck!

A fun bit of trivia

In case anyone's interested, and since I'm impressed just how far this game has spread (even already knowing that there are users from around the world), here is a partial list of countries where the NDER's visitors live:

• Australia

Austria

Belarus

Belgium

Brazil

Canada

Chile

Colombia

Czech Republic

Denmark

Egypt

Estonia

Finland

France

Germany

Greece

Hong Kong

Hungary

Italy

Kazakhstan

Latvia

Lithuania

Malaysia

The Netherlands

New Zealand

Norway

The Philippines

Poland

Portugal

Romania

Russian Federation

Serbia

Singapore

Slovakia

South Korea

Spain

Sweden

Switzerland

Taiwan

Trinidad and Tobago

Tunisia

Ukraine

United Kingdom

Exciting, isn't it!

And I'm also hoping to have another site update for you guys sometime soon, once I squish all the bugs.  So get ready!

I'll let you know when it's online. smile.gif

Oh, those were some of the other countries!

And a few more.

My country xd.png

But yeah, this site is in my Top 3 of fansites.

No. I'd only use it to see specifically, when I bred a certain dragon.

2B: Or a list of refusals, plus the current mate and the result of their latest breeding attempt?

2C: Or do you want a list of all mates?

No. To all. No longer relevant.

3D: Some other way entirely? If you have other ideas/preferences, let me know that as well, and maybe I'll be able to work them into one ideal solution.

Just something like the summon tracker, that keeps track of when you summoned.

5A: Do you want to have all of your recorded dragons showing at once?

Yes. Because I wouldn't track that many dragons anyway.

Basically I'm sick of seeing "This dragon cannot breed because it has bred recently. Please wait 0 days."

I can't believe I've been using your ER for months without ever discovering the action trackers... I love them!

I'm not sure if you're still working on the breeding tracker, but just in case my answers to your questions. Please keep in mind I would actually use it primarily to keep track of availability, so any extras like tracking mates or results are just a bonus and by no means a necessity in my opinion. (Actually I would prefer you lose the tracking of mates and results if it would mean it gets here sooner, but I'm gonna answer those questions in case you still want to go through with them)

Yes I would, I could live without it, though...

2B: Or a list of refusals, plus the current mate and the result of their latest breeding attempt?

If mates are tracked I think all mates would be most useful.

3A: Only the most recent outcome with each mate?

3B: Save all results, giving you a running list of each recorded breeding attempt?

3C: Or with a sliding scale where you work up to having an egg eventually?

3D: Some other way entirely?

Either an equation (example: 2/5 meaning two out of five attemps resulted in an egg) or a ratio (1:2:2 meaning one no interest, two no egg and two eggs) would be nice.

4A: If you want to track whether or not an egg was produced, do you only want to know that one was/wasn't?

4B: Or do you also want to know the breed and/or code?

Breed or code not necessary.

5A: Do you want to have all of your recorded dragons showing at once? Depending on the choices for questions 2 and 3, this could quickly grow very long.

5B: Or would you rather be able to pull up each individual dragon's info as you need it, one at a time?

If all the extras are tracked I think it would be best to just list the dragons showing their availability, and be able to pull up the extra info individually if needed. Otherwise it could be a bit messy.

[*]6+: Is there anything else a breeding tracker should have?

As you're already planning way more than I wanted, not really tongue.gif

EDIT for no double posting:

I'm a bit greedy/lazy: it would be nice to have a way to pull up all available BSA-dragons, no matter which BSA. But please do the breeding tracker first tongue.gif

Oh, and I saw you asked another question, too: I think 2 months for the banner colors would be plenty. But a lot less (two weeks?) would also be OK, if my assumption that you don't have to actively post it somewhere, someone just has to look at a page you posted on, is correct.

Edited by Fengari

Catching up on questions...

Server errors:

They're out of my control, unfortunately. As noted, refreshing usually fixes them, but it might take a few tries. It seems like the host has some rather random 'yes it'll work-no it won't' flipflops periodically, but I have no idea why.

ER numbers:

Higher numbers of ERs shouldn't be any problem at all -- after all, the daycare has nearly 20k dragons, and it works just fine. Jumping from 50 to 150 ERs is barely a drop in the bucket. Though it is curious where that spike suddenly came from. *shrug*

In relation to ND experiments, it shouldn't be a significant change, but it may mean UVs come in a bit slower, since there are more dragons to cycle through and they might not all show up for every refresh, depending on viewer settings. But experimenters should be keeping an eye on viewing speed during their experiments, anyhow, so if it seems to be too slow, just be ready to add another ER, like usual. If high numbers of ERs becomes more consistent, I can bump the default number up a bit, too. It seems to be working alright for now, though.

Breeding tracker:

Yeah, I'm still planning to get that online. I set it aside in favor of getting an inbred checker up, since last I heard EDS' is broken, but then got sidetracked by books... And then had my laptop die on me, and then relatives visiting, and I forget what else, so things have been rather delayed. Toss in that I'm a procrastinator at heart anyhow, and you get a rather longer than intended wait. sad.gif

it would be nice to have a way to pull up all available BSA-dragons, no matter which BSA.

I should be able to manage something like that without too much fuss. I'll add it to the list. Presumably, you would still want them sorted by BSA, rather than all jumbled together?

And yes, the banner assumption is correct.

Anything I missed?

I should be able to manage something like that without too much fuss.  I'll add it to the list.  Presumably, you would still want them sorted by BSA, rather than all jumbled together?

That would be most convenient, yes.

Anything I missed?

Just that you're amazing, or was it me who forgot to mention that?

This page has helped me so much. I currently have three full grown dragons and one on its way to being an adult, four hatchlings and three new eggs to begin the cycle again! Thank you so much! laugh.gif

Thanks, this is quite a helpful fansite!

I'm going to attempt my first ND experiment this week. Or rather on Saturday if my math is correct... *fingers crossed*

My dragons are so spread around my scroll, i am happy i can use the trackers to get to them fast.

Now i am wondering if the breeding tracker will happen, i just forget to note everything down on my spreadsheet (+ i don't have that with me all the time, if they are online i have)

so i'll give my answers for your questions:

For the Breed Tracker:

yes

2C: Or do you want a list of all mates? .

all mates show but no refusals as they don't appear in the breedinglist anyway

A or B: At least the last succesful breeding of each mate, but if possible it would be nice to see breeding attempts

4B: i prefer to know the breed they produced.

5B:

It would be great to get the list of all recorded dragons and when you click on the dragon you get the listings of it's breedings

6+: Is there anything else a breeding tracker should have?

don't think so

i only need dragon + mate = result and time when they can breed.

I soooo hope this is comming soon.

I really am sick of the 0 days messages

Yes

2C: Or do you want a list of all mates? I would prefer this option

3B: Save all results, giving you a running list of each recorded breeding attempt? This looks like the best way

4A: If you want to track whether or not an egg was produced, do you only want to know that one was/wasn't? That would be fine. Seeing the breed produced would be good, but isn't entirely necessary.

5A: Do you want to have all of your recorded dragons showing at once? Depending on the choices for questions 2 and 3, this could quickly grow very long. That would be a huge list for most people

5B: Or would you rather be able to pull up each individual dragon's info as you need it, one at a time? This seems a better option

6+: Is there anything else a breeding tracker should have? Not that I can think of

Im kinda confused.... Why does my banner from your site shows two frozen females and two ungendered frozens while my scroll shows FOUR UNGENDERED frozens and an actual frozen female hatchie? How did the banner come up with two females? Im just wondering...

Editted to add in my first frozen female Vine hatchie, FIV's Captain Unluckia Dorkface.

Edited by Divo

Now i am wondering if the breeding tracker will happen...

It will. I'm just being slow. I need it as much as any of the rest of you, since I'm entirely out of space on my original spreadsheet, so it definitely will happen, I'm just not sure when.

Im kinda confused.... Why does my banner from your site shows two frozen females and two ungendered frozens while my scroll shows FOUR UNGENDERED frozens and an actual frozen female hatchie? How did the banner come up with two females? Im just wondering...

Er... API glitch? Seems like there's still something off about s1 freezing. Your scroll/view pages definitely show only LNnGt as female, but the API is showing bU4AX and lii1a as female as well. Which is wrong, but not something I can fix, since my site is correctly counting what it's given -- it's just being given the wrong information. Take it up with TJ; hopefully he'll fix it.

Alright alright, enough procrastination, you're all impatient by now, I get it...

Update time!

We have an Inbred Checker finally! No more guessing if those huge lineages are clean, just hop on over to the checker and let the computer do the work for you!

I've also added an error message to let people know to use only the scroll name, not the full URL, if they try and submit the URL. Minor, but hopefully helpful/educational, since no sites in existence use the full URL.

There might be other little tweaks. I forget.

I do plan on adding inbred-highlighting to the lineage viewer, as well, and would have done it with this update, but I've wasted quite enough time already, I think, so I wanted to at least give you guys something to replace EDS' inbred checker. That and the breed tracker are next on my to-do list, though. No ETA for them, but I'll try and make it quick(ish).

A little something made by me.

Very pretty! Sorry I didn't respond sooner -- the silly forums didn't highlight that there was a new post. I'll go add that to the first post and the banners section of the help page right now. smile.gif

Ooooo, thanks for the inbred checker. It will make my life much easier!

I have to say, of all the fansites I use, I love Allure the best. It just has so many..."goodies" and the Incubate/Influence trackers are a godsend.

Anyway, because I just tried to use the breed tracker and derp.

For the Breed Tracker:

[*]1: Do you want to see the gender of the adult you're tracking?

Yes.

[*]2A: Do you want to see only a list of which mates refused?

I'd much prefer option 2B. I wouldn't have to use it often, but it does sometimes come up, (such as the second time I bred a pair that didn't like each other at all, because I forgot I'd used them before). I would definitely appreciate having the ability. Or it could be formatted like scroll statistics, and I could pick which options I wanted shown.

[*]3: If you want a list of all mates (2C), how should the result be shown?

[*]3A: Only the most recent outcome with each mate?

[*]3B: Save all results, giving you a running list of each recorded breeding attempt?

I would prefer 3B, but only if I could limit it to only showing refusal/no egg. Otherwise the progeny tool on DC works just fine to show a running trend of what the pair made.

[*]3C: Or with a sliding scale where you work up to having an egg eventually?

For example: Attempt 1, you get no interest, so that result is saved. Attempt 2, they breed, but don't produce an egg. That is closer to an egg than no interest, so it overwrites the previous result. Attempt 3, they again show no interest, but since they bred once, this latest result is ignored in favor of Attempt 2's result. Attempt 4, they finally breed an egg, so that result is saved, and from now on, that's what those two dragons will show, since it has happened at least once.

[*]3D: Some other way entirely? If you have other ideas/preferences, let me know that as well, and maybe I'll be able to work them into one ideal solution.

[*]4A: If you want to track whether or not an egg was produced, do you only want to know that one was/wasn't?

4B: Or do you also want to know the breed and/or code?

[*]5A: Do you want to have all of your recorded dragons showing at once? Depending on the choices for questions 2 and 3, this could quickly grow very long.

5B: Or would you rather be able to pull up each individual dragon's info as you need it, one at a time?

5B, I have over five hundred dragons, of which the genders are pretty evenly split. That would be a pain in the neck to go through every time I decide to breed my BSAs for the AP.

[*]6+: Is there anything else a breeding tracker should have?

If at all possible, because I honestly don't know if it'd be too much trouble for you to do it. I'd like to be able to make my own breeding list. For example, I have pinks that have permanent mates, but aside from my first two pairs, the rest of them are a bunch of swingers and I flip them between mates every so often. The same applies for my reds and magi. So for any particular dragon, I want to pick out what would be in their mate "pool" if I decide to breed them.

Edited by Amut un Rama

The inbred checker doesn't seem to be working for me, I keep getting a 500 internal server error. Is it just me?

A select few codes seem to cause that reliably (I didn't notice that until after I declared it tested and functional), but the rest work. I'm not sure what the difference is (it's not lineage size; some of the longest/largest I could find [which means they're huge] work perfectly), but I'm working on figuring it out. What code is failing for you, so I can test it as well, once I come up with some ideas/potential solutions?

A select few codes seem to cause that reliably (I didn't notice that until after I declared it tested and functional), but the rest work.  I'm not sure what the difference is (it's not lineage size; some of the longest/largest I could find [which means they're huge] work perfectly), but I'm working on figuring it out.  What code is failing for you, so I can test it as well, once I come up with some ideas/potential solutions?

fCCMp, a 9th even gen Silver Tinsel.

Worked for me (is nosy) - but says it is fogged - could that be why it kicks up an error ?

Worked for me (is nosy) - but says it is fogged - could that be why it kicks up an error ?

Nah, I had tried a few hours ago before I had to fog it. It got softshell, darn sensitive Tinsels. >_>

So I was trying something else, and bumped the wrong URL -- the check for your dragon, instead. It did load for me this time, though, if very slowly, and unfortunately, it looks like it is in fact inbred, but by the strictest definitions only. Lyrian Soul is in there twice, but it's the only one, and it's spread so far apart as to be the full nine generations back, on opposite sides.

Now to figure out what's causing the error sporadically in this case, constantly in another, and not at all in every other I've tried...