RheaZen

Creepy-Crawlies

Strange as it, some insects creep me out and others I adore (along the creepy scale) but bats are awesome if they didn't eat each other drink blood and kill each other more.

Also Assassin bugs eat bats. DX

Wait, what? 99.9% of all bat species do not drink blood, whatsoever.

And i can't think of ONE bat species that eats other bats, or intentionally kills other bats.

Wait, what? 99.9% of all bat species do not drink blood, whatsoever.

And i can't think of ONE bat species that eats other bats, or intentionally kills other bats.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spectral_Bat

I also have a book with the Spectral bat in it that says the same thing, so it's not a fake thing.

But yes, very few bats pose any sort of threat to humans. It's not like they suck you dry, anyways. Skeeters take more blood from humans overall, compared to bats.

I dunno about the assassin bugs, though. I know that there's a species of centipede that hunts bats, but assassin bugs...?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spectral_Bat

I also have a book with the Spectral bat in it that says the same thing, so it's not a fake thing.

But yes, very few bats pose any sort of threat to humans. It's not like they suck you dry, anyways. Skeeters take more blood from humans overall, compared to bats.

I dunno about the assassin bugs, though. I know that there's a species of centipede that hunts bats, but assassin bugs...?

Woah, never heard of those spectral bats. Those are epic.

And there are centipedes that eat bats. Assasin bugs will go for them too, but usually just suck blood, nothing fatal.

Ahhh! This thread is win!

8D I get told that I'm a "freakshow" for having a pet snake. Ball python to be exact. :3 Truth be told, I feel safer with my snake than I've EVER felt with a dog. ._ .;;;

Pictures © Myself. n. n This is my handsome Banded Ball Python

xox

Little information on my boy: He is approx 4 ft long and weighs close to 4lbs, at little more than 2 years old. He'll stay relatively small, requiring ONLY a long 40 gallon tank for life. Ball pythons are naturally curious and, at times, bashful. They're a hardy breed, but tend to be slightly picky eaters in captivity. They have a human trait of yawning for no apparent reason. They're the most popular snake breed in the pet industry due to their good nature and medium size. (I could go for days about these beauties! Haha!)

Woah, never heard of those spectral bats. Those are epic.

And there are centipedes that eat bats. Assasin bugs will go for them too, but usually just suck blood, nothing fatal.

Ever read Silverwing?

And don't assassin bugs inject digestive enzymes when they pierce something with their beaks? It'd be painful and more than just blood, right?

Ever read Silverwing?

And don't assassin bugs inject digestive enzymes when they pierce something with their beaks? It'd be painful and more than just blood, right?

I know most of them inject the enzymes into things, but there are quite a few that feed on blood from large animals. Not sure if they inject anything, but it doesnt seem like it would do all too much if they did.

o_O

Didn't know about the ones that drank blood. I'd assume that they would inject stuff similar to what skeeters and leeches inject.

I can haz link?

I too, love creepy crawlies that others think are disgusting! I think insects are really cool, like little aliens! haha The only bug I don't like are regular cockroaches, they give me the heebie jeebies! I love the hissing ones though! biggrin.gif I worked in a pet shop and got to take care of all the animals..tarantulas are my fav's...so fuzzy!! hee hee I love snakes and rats, mice, bats, you name it! It's all good! smile.gif

I managed to smoooooosh a ginormous fly in between my closed blind and window.

*gags*

There were guts everywhere. Oops.

ninja.gif

Wait, did you say something about bat eating centipedes?

Where are the centipede eating cats when we need them?

Have these little guys all around outside the house. They're adorable. Sometimes I can catch one, but they are great at jumping!

Peek-a-boo!

I love anoles! I saw a baby one right outside my house a few days ago that was around

<This-big----------->

Really? This is the first time I've seen one

Rain turned into thunderstorm, turning computer off now ._.

How about the Huntsman Spider?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Huntsman_spider

I don't live in any of the areas where these things do, but I think they're absolutley awesome. If I ever saw one, I'd definatley try to pick it up...but I probably wouldn't be able to catch it since they're so speedy. sad.gif