RheaZen

Creepy-Crawlies

I'm scared to death of bugs. If I saw someone wearing a centipede, I would lose my mind.

I used to have an almost 18 inch centipede.

It ate mice.

and then one day got out. I never did find it.

I used to have an almost 18 inch centipede.

It ate mice.

and then one day got out. I never did find it.

*dies inside*

I have several reptiles...a Black and white banded California Kingsnake named Queenie; an Anerythristic Honduran Milksnake named King; a Greek Tortoise named Hercules; and a Leopard gecko named Fly Guy.

Herc and Queenie are sweethearts...King is still geting used to being held and can be kinda nippy (yes, he bites me...tried to swallow my pinky once lol), and Fly Guy....well, he's drawn serious blood before, so no one handles him.

As a pet, I'd like a leapord gecko, but I really really want an iguana.

Really? A gecko?

Don't look at me, blame my hubby who broke down when our four year old daughter gave him the puppy dog look with the big brown eyes when she saw it. xd.pnglaugh.gif

No, I mean, how did it draw blood?

@ grimace: ... you like the skeery, eh?

My aunt is on a pasture, and she grows wheat, and to keep the field mice away, she takes a few cotton balls out daily with peppermint extract on them and throws them out randomly in the field. Seems to work for her, they hate the smell, it's strong.

No, I mean, how did it draw blood?

Oh....well, we were cleaning his cage. I've never handled one before, so my husband suggested just picking him up like I do one of the snakes. Well, he whipped around and sunk his sharp razor teeth into my finger....down almost to the bone. A little more and I most likely would have needed stitches. blink.gif

O_O

@TDC: That's an interesting method. But my mom's sensitive to smells... darnit, worse family ever for mice to encounter.

Seeing as i am looking at getting a degree in biology i think i react well to small animals :P

Seeing as i am looking at getting a degree in biology i think i react well to small animals tongue.gif

Not all small animals are 'scary' though. Take hamsters. They are so damn squeeful.

At home I have a Taiwan Beauty Snake, who is getting a bit big for her britches but is still a curious little devil. This is her greeting me like she does most mornings:

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash...1_2582023_n.jpg

And another to show how fat she is. Fatty Fat McFatterson the Snake.

http://hphotos-sjc1.fbcdn.net/hs402.snc3/2...51_189756_n.jpg

Awesome snake, so adorable!

I remember teaching a few kids that "no, snakes are not slimy, and since I am being allowed to hold one and pet it, why don't you come see for yourself?"

Gotta love nipping potential phobias in the bud.

I went to a local lake today and I saw some critters there. What appeared to be two skinks (I could be wrong since I didn't get a good look at them) one with a blue tail and one not so skinky looking. I didn't get pictures though '^'

I also got to see a baby rattle snake :3

I kept my distance from that one...

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one here that doesn't like June bugs....I'm positively terrified of them. I also have an aversion to other beetles, but only in person.

Almost forgot - today, I saw a whole bunch of baby slugs. So squeeful :3 They'd probably hatched recently due to the rainy week.

i didn't see any babies, but i saw a big one up on the ceiling outside. normally i see them on the ground and have to move them off the sidewalk so they don't get stepped on. then i proceed to find something to scrape the slime off, that stuff won't wash off for nothing.

Snakes are pretty cool. I couldn't handle owning one as a pet, but I like them a lot.

But I'm extremely entomophobic. I hate all bugs.

I prefer venus fly traps and sundews myself... I admit, I'm a sucky for the showy ones.