RheaZen

Creepy-Crawlies

Mosquitoes. Do hate...

So pretty! Really like a jewel.

Running into a lot of insect blogs... didn't realize there were so many o_o

@Rae

I absolutely adore cuttlefish. They are one of my favourite animals. My favourite species is the Flamboyant Cuttlefish

- They are the most toxic Cephalopods, and perhaps the most poisonous animal in the sea.

- They are tiny - Only about the size of a GOLFBALL when fully grown. But...look at them when they hatch. That is a PINKY finger. And look at the different colours they can change to...

-They walk on the ocean floor. Yes, walk. They remind me of tiny tiny elephants when they move. XD

-They have trippy

which shoot out and capture their prey.

More squeeful than creepy imo. Some people may feel otherwise, i dunno. XD

-----

The Vampire Squid.

Possibly one of the most bizzare animals ever found...These guys are their own order, and are the very last of the order, Vampyromorphida

Instead of suckers on their tentacles, they have rows of spines. Its seriously trippy.

Its creepyfantasticals.

Edited by Googleplaxin

Yeah, frogs and other amphibians have gotten increasingly rare, as they're more sensitive to things in their water than other animals are.

Whenever I visit my dad down south, I leave the porch light on after dark to attract insects. Sometimes a toad comes and eats some.

I took a closer look at the newt eggs today and the babies are gaining their shape, growing tiny tails. happy.gif I'll have to search and see how long it takes them to hatch.

Ooh, ooh!

Stalk-eyed fly, love those things. Some sort of leafhopper? Iunno about the third, but it looks photoshopped. Last one... firefly larva?

Bats <3

Reptiles <3

Amphibians <3

Butterflies and some moths <3

Most other bugs: neutral/dislike

Spiders...

Keep them away from me, please. I've had bad experiences with them.

Including this one big ugly grey breed that screams and hisses at you like witches and ghosts in really old movies *shudder*

@Rae

I absolutely adore cuttlefish. They are one of my favourite animals. My favourite species is the Flamboyant Cuttlefish

- They are the most toxic Cephalopods, and perhaps the most poisonous animal in the sea.

- They are tiny - Only about the size of a GOLFBALL when fully grown. But...look at them when they hatch. That is a PINKY finger. And look at the different colours they can change to...

-They walk on the ocean floor. Yes, walk. They remind me of tiny tiny elephants when they move. xd.png

-They have trippy

which shoot out and capture their prey.

More squeeful than creepy imo. Some people may feel otherwise, i dunno. xd.png

-----

The Vampire Squid.

Possibly one of the most bizzare animals ever found...These guys are their own order, and are the very last of the order, Vampyromorphida

Instead of suckers on their tentacles, they have rows of spines. Its seriously trippy.

Its creepyfantasticals.

Then you might like the blue ringed octopus biggrin.gif

Rhea here's that tree hopper again http://www.brisbaneinsects.com/brisbane_pl...pers/index.html http://www.flickr.com/photos/bugworld/3491...in/photostream/

side note, I did not realize these little guys could look so awesome

http://www.flickr.com/photos/41266003@N06/...57622757094315/

edit:anyone else see a dragon's head? http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2167/157183..._d0e98f2be6.jpg

Edited by riboflavintx

Thanks, man. Wow, the variety...

Ooh, ooh!

Stalk-eyed fly, love those things. Some sort of leafhopper? Iunno about the third, but it looks photoshopped. Last one... firefly larva?

Not photoshopped.

Last one is a trilobite beetle. :3

Trilobite beetle? How odd looking...

And yeah, the photo wasn't photoshopped, but still... it looks like sparkles are coming out of its ass. WTF?

D'AWW

I love leaf hoppers! we have like ten squillion of them in a tree outside. I call them Popcorn Bugs, because when you go near them, they 'pop' (well, jump) epic far and fast, plus those fluffy white tails = <3

---

Assassin Bugs are pretty cool. They grabs their victim with two, serrated front legs and bring their prey to their nasty mouth parts. The mouth parts are long, with a barbed tongue. The assassin bug then thrusts such mouth parts into the victim, inserting poison, which effectively liquefies the insides of the critter, which they then drink through their straw like mouthparts. The bite of these guys are supposedly 10 times worse than that of a hornet.

Yum

Yum again

Nasty looking, hey?

Edited by Googleplaxin

O.o

That is so epic.

There are also wasps that turn roaches into zombies.

and the roach willingly follows them into the nest to be slowly eaten alive by wasp larvae.

I'm glad I am not a bug.