RheaZen

Creepy-Crawlies

I used to keep silverfishes and mealworms as pet. Now I keep frogs and terrapins. In the future? I don't know, if only Singapore allows me to keep exotic creatures =/

*screams silently*

There's a HUGE spider wandering around behind the computer monitor D:.

I can't get my parents to help 'cause they wont be up for about an hour and a half. xd.png

I'd also come off the comp, but that would be a waste of the fact that we woke up so early xd.png.

Oh, my dad's just come down, he can deal with it. biggrin.gif

/panic over

Oh....well, we were cleaning his cage. I've never handled one before, so my husband suggested just picking him up like I do one of the snakes. Well, he whipped around and sunk his sharp razor teeth into my finger....down almost to the bone. A little more and I most likely would have needed stitches. blink.gif

lol, i know this comment was a few days ago, and i havent finished reading the rest of the posts but.. you did let Rhea know you were joking right? Leopard geckos dont have teeth but merely ridges in their jaw line. they get to be about 8 inches long and dont have strong enough jaws to inflict serious harm, barely a nip.. it doesnt hurt to get bit and rarely causes a scratch. smile.gif you're such a tease..

I've seen and held geckos before, so I do know that they can't inflict wounds like that -__-; It's just that I wasn't up to a spat, as my warn level has only recently gone down to 20%, and last time I called a person out on something I got upped by 20%.

I've seen and held geckos before, so I do know that they can't inflict wounds like that -__-; It's just that I wasn't up to a spat, as my warn level has only recently gone down to 20%, and last time I called a person out on something I got upped by 20%.

D:

Thats sucks.

My warns seem to be upping as well. Makes me want to hit puppies.

TEXAS BLIND SNAKE!

CUTE.

Texas Spiny Lizard!

I caught one of these guys the last time I visited a friend near Austin. They opened the door to go smoke, I see something large come running in and think "big mouse?"

I get a better look as it pauses in the kitchen, and thank my luck that his 1 year old cat isn't around to get it's paws on the lizard. I managed to corner it and put it back outside in a small natural rock ringed pond by the house.

Pretty little things. I like how the one in that last picture looks almost furry :3 So cute.

My friend Renee loves bats, and they've got a lot living by their house. She and her sister are currently in the process of preserving a dead bat they found intact outside.

I also love bats, especially fruit bats. They're so cute.

Another "gross" animal I love are tree frogs. We've got tiny ones here and they're a goldish or silverish color.

Adorable Michigan tree frog- you'll see what I mean by gold!

I must say the pose that frog is sitting in is absolutely great.

I love all creepy crawlies, especially spiders, bar a) poisonous things cool.gif locusts and c) cockroaches & earwigs. I have a bad past with cockroach and earwig infestations in my pet's cages in the summer. We couldn't get rid of them sad.gif

I know I should research before buying a pet but....is it possible that Madagascar roaches can reproduce asexually like whip tail lizards?

Because Lady just had a bunch of babies again....which is impossible because the only other roaches I have are her two kids which are kept separate from her.

I woke up today and she has a new hoard of babies....

I know I should research before buying a pet but....is it possible that Madagascar roaches can reproduce asexually like whip tail lizards?

Because Lady just had a bunch of babies again....which is impossible because the only other roaches I have are her two kids which are kept separate from her.

I woke up today and she has a new hoard of babies....

If she has EVER had contact with a male, thats usually enough.

Something to do with being able to internally store sperm.

We tried peanut butter, but they somehow manage to lick it off without setting the trap off.

We use cheese now.

Won't work, since mice and rats don't like cheese... that myth might have come up because they seem to sniff a lot when they smell it... presumably because the smell is so distinctive. But they don't like it - you should try meat.

I'm afraid this is a "creepy" animal, too, but I'm going to kill everybody who says that!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygh1-ul6E94

What did you feed the silverfish?

Well, I don't know, since they eat certain starch from adhesives and some other stuffs... probably they don't, I don't know. Sometimes info in Wiki is pretty misleading.