Hawaiianbabidoll

Hunger Games

I love this book series. I'm very sad about what happens to some of the characters, but I think its amazing overall. I can't wait for the movie! So excited laugh.gif

I LOVED this series... a little worried about the movie though. :/ But the books were just amazing. I loved the concept and the plots and the characters.. everything really!!

I just finished Mockingjay. I loved the first two books, and the last was okay until the end. I won't say anything in case not everyone here has read it, but... BLARGH.

On the whole Team Peeta/Team Gale thing, if I had to pick one, I'd pick Gale. Even though I totally ship Katniss with Cinna. Wait, what?

I'm kind of super obsessed with Beetee right now. happy.gif

Edit: and looking back through the thread, it looks like I'm his only fangirl. He needs more love. T_T

Edited by St. Jimmy

MOCKINGJAY SPOILER:

I absolutely LOVED the way President Coin was killed off; she deserved that for being evil and killing Prim!

The 3rd book was boring for the first half compared to all the action in the other two books. Catching Fire was my favorite, but The Hunger Games came close.

Hated ending in Mockingjay.

I just finished the first book. But I have to say I don't really like Peeta or Gale. unsure.gif I don't know...something about them makes me not like them...

MOCKINGJAY SPOILER:

I absolutely LOVED the way President Coin was killed off; she deserved that for being evil and killing Prim!

WAIT IT'S A SHE?

*donk*

So I've resisted reading the pages in this thread because I don't want spoilers of Catching Fire. Its on hold at the library, but I'm itching to go and buy it for myself. Argh.

Anyhow, my review of the first book. I kinda wish they took the whole love story out of it, but I guess you need it otherwise most teens wouldn't read it. I mean, I like reading love stories, but I feel so bad for Peeta that Katniss doesn't love him :/

I cried within the first forty pages. I cried when Rue died. And I hate crying. So either this book is terrible or amazing tongue.gif I have a love/hate relationship going with it right now. Honestly though, one of the saddest/cutest/heartbreaking parts was when Thresh saved Katniss because she sang Rue asleep, and covered her with flowers <3

Thresh is now one of my favorite characters. Poor guy. I can't can't can't wait to read the second book! I'm gonna explode.

Loved the series! Read it in 3 days! A book a day... makes you smile? I dunno...

At first I was Gale all the way, but now I'm kinda liking Peeta, especially after all he does for Katniss :3 They belong together now xd.png I sound like a twilight fan... o.O

That is amazing! wub.gif As amazing as Beetee! biggrin.gif

Ahhh, I knew I wasn't the only one who shipped Cinna with Katniss! *happy dance*

They announced the first song for the soundtrack! <3 Link to listen!

Personally, I love it and have been listening to it almost non-stop since I first heard it. wub.gif It's... gah, no words. D'=

They announced the first song for the soundtrack! <3 Link to listen!

Personally, I love it and have been listening to it almost non-stop since I first heard it. wub.gif It's... gah, no words. D'=

My, that is a really good song. At first I was kind of irritated you used Youtuberepeat (since I had to change the URL to access the full Youtube page), but now I know why you did it!

Man... I'm re-reading the series now that I have my own copies, and I'm still really disappointed that, like, eighty percent of the Victory Tour was just kind of passed over in a couple paragraphs. I was really interested to see what the districts were like. sad.gif

Also, does anyone else get really sick of the "Team Gale"/"Team Peeta" stuff? I mean, come on. You've got a pair of sixteen year olds turning an entire continent upside down, starting a war, creating history, and all you care about is their dating prospects. wat.

I don't like "teams" for anything. I think that team "whatever the heck the author has decided" is the only sensible route. I mean, the author obviously knows their characters better than some random reader, and it seems silly for people to think their opinions are more logical than the authors'. Your reasons too, though.

I mean, the author obviously knows their characters better than some random reader, and it seems silly for people to think their opinions are more logical than the authors'.

Unless you're Stephenie Meyer.

The thing is, people don't always end up with the person they belong with, even in fiction. And for some people, part of the fun of being in a fandom is shipping. I do agree that the whole Team Gale/Team Peeta fan war is kind of stupid.

'Shipping is all well and good, but when I go on Gaia's forums, all the Hunger Games discussion there is "I think Katniss should've picked Gale" or "I'm so glad she picked Peeta!" Like that was the point of the book.

Never mind all that stuff about oppressive, collectivized, power crazy governments.

Hunger Games is such a good book, cant put em down. Just re-reading now ready for the film!.......dying to see the film in a few months time xd.png EXCITED! LOL

I really liked this series. It was something different from all those typical teen fictions that I find, and several things in it- how Katniss liked bows, how she hunted, how a bird was her symbol, the fire stuff, ect- really drew me in due to personal interest. However, I really didn't like the ending of Mockingjay. I'm not a fan of Peta at all; he's to squishy for Katniss. sleep.gif

I'm hoping they don't ruin the movies...so far, the trailers look pretty okay, but looks can be deceiving. They ruined Twilight and, while I liked the movie Eragon, there was a lot left from it that was in the book. Most movies I've seen based on books just suck. They screw everything up. If we're lucky, this great book will be a great movie, too.

LoveLoveLove this series. Once I started reading them it's all I wanted to do.

Also waiting for the movie for the first one, and hoping it turns out good...since a lot of times the movies are just horrible :/

Yeah, I've read the books, wait scratch that, book, I've only read the first one, and I am really wanting to read Catching Fire. It looks good, though I cant believe the movie is already out!

Hmmm, I find it interesting that so many didn't like Mockingjay because I liked that one 2nd behind the Hunger Games and Catching Fire was my least fav just cause it seemed to drag after all the edge of your seat action in the first one.