Hawaiianbabidoll

Hunger Games

No, did you? How was it?\

@Lotus: I agree they're getting cliche, but I don't like abrupt endings either.

@Lotus: I agree they're getting cliche, but I don't like abrupt endings either.

Yeah, I see what you mean... maybe I'm just kinda strange that way. tongue.gif

I kind of wish I could've gone...

I told everyone throughout the hunger games series that the ending wasn't going to be all happy and perfect and all of the girls and some of the guys at my school who read were saying that it would never end without unicorns and rainbows.

And then I ask, "Have you read Suzanne Collins other series? The underland chronicals?" They say no, and then I can respond: "The main characters best friend dies a slow and gory death right in front of him, the main character is then forced to leave behind all of his other friends and his girlfriend to live miles away while his baby sister is scarred for life, his father becomes increasingly sick with a disease not known to overlanders, his mother and other younger sister both fall into depression, and he is left to live the rest of his life alone and detached from the world." Then the book ends. I personally thought that both Peeta and Gale would die before the end of the series. Its how Suzanne Collins writes, and it should be accepted.

On a brighter note, did anyone else go to the mockingjay book tour?

Eh? Boots isn't scarred for life, she's too young and thinks everything's okay. I'm pretty sure that his dad is cured, too, and his mom and Lizzy are sad but not depressed. And near the end he's remembering his life before the underland, and even though it still has a less-then-happy ending he's still connected with the world.

I read them just recently - I must admit they were pretty good.

I was really sad when Cinna and Finnick died, though. I loved them.

Me too. </3 :c

I love these books. I'm not kidding.

and I support Rue/Thresh :>

TEAM PEETAAAAA. I love the name Peeta.

Psh. She made it sound like she had no choice, so I can't really blame her even though I thought she *did* have a choice.

I loved the ending of this book BECAUSE it wasn't a happy ending! Everybody pretty much died (including Prim, which was sad) and Katniss chose Peeta over Gale. I thought these books were great (although Catching Fire and Mockingjay were considerably weaker than the first) and I would have been angry if it had ended nicely.

Edit to avoid double posting:

Come one, come all, hunger games fans, please join this thread!

http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=110312

Edited by cookiejar33

Well happy endings are overrated but this ending was just plain terrible. I liked the deaths but the whole Peeta-over-Gale thing was meh.

Cinna and Finnick (and Rue) were the best characters in the whole book. I cried when Rue died. >_>

I kind of liked the ending. :3 It seems like something I would do, ending the book like that.

I would have been totally phsyced if Peeta and Gale had diecd instead of Rue and Prim. Then Katniss wouldn't have to make a choice! xd.png

That would have been the plot twist of the century X3 Katniss would always have been fought over by some boy or other though.

Well enjoy it while you can. The first one's good, but it gets messed up when your read the last book.

Well enjoy it while you can. The first one's good, but it gets messed up when your read the last book.

^this

The first one was really good and then...

I finished reading the final book yesterday and I have to say that the ending was very sad and I that I didn't see it coming, I wish books wouldn't kill off my favourite characters. The trilogy was amazing though and I barely put it down, I'm sad it's over and I almost regret that I finished reading it so quick.

~spoilers~

I have mixed feelings about Peeta being chosen over Gale but I think Peeta is almost the opposite if Katniss so completes her, besides, after how much their relationship has developed I'm glad they're together now. Gales personality changed throughout the trilogy and I couldn't help but like him less and less but I do feel sorry for him.

I also preferred the set up of the second hunger games, in the Quarter Quell, more than the first although I enjoyed the action better in the first! tongue.gif

I did like the set-up of the second one, although making her and Peeta go into the games again is kind of a running-out-of-ideas thing.

I did like the set-up of the second one, although making her and Peeta go into the games again is kind of a running-out-of-ideas thing.

~spoilers~

I thought the same thing and I'm glad that they weren't in the arena that long but I guess it's was necessary for the plot to piece together, with District 13 and all. I also realised that the only character that I'm glad that died was Coin and of course, Snow. tongue.gif

Cinna and Finnick (and Rue) were the best characters in the whole book. I cried when Rue died. >_>

I kind of liked the ending. :3 It seems like something I would do, ending the book like that.

I did also cried.

I love the books and I'm reading them for the 5th time now, I think...

I want the books to burn into my memories before the film hit the theatres. I don't want'em to destroy the books for me. (Like they did with Twilight)

And personally I want Finnick to live! Why did he have to die on me? D: I think finnick would have survived, for Annie sake.

And personally I want Finnick to live! Why did he have to die on me? D: I think finnick would have survived, for Annie sake.

Yeah... it brings a bittersweet touch to the books though

Has anyone read any other books by Suzanne Collins? I was curious if any of her other titles were any good. :3