Hawaiianbabidoll

Hunger Games

In the third book nearly everythings chaos.

Bombs death blood falling roads that eat everyone standing on them.

I loved the whole series though they were awesome!!!!

I cant believe Katnissed had *SPOILERS* to execute President Snow but instead she shoots President Coin and nearly gets executed herself.....

---------Second Book Spoilers---------

Okay, so in the second book you know how Peeta makes up the pregnancy thing to get people all riled up?

Did they seriously make it through that entire book without making a single "bun in the oven" joke? 'Cause I don't remember one and now I'm kind of disappointed. That was just begging to happen.

What's to stop the tributes from using the mines as weapons in the first 60 seconds? They could bring something like a small pouch of wooden balls or something, just enough to trigger the mines, and then just throw them. I don't know how far away the launch plates are from each other, but someone should be able to take out at least two tributes that way. I guess the Gamemakers would make their life a nightmare during and after the games, if they won, but still, why has no one ever done it before?

They might be blown up too, like as punishment? Since it's against the rules before the game starts, and the games don't start until after the 60 seconds.

I just finished the first book. My friends thought I was crazy when I said it would have been better if Katniss had already eaten a berry and it was too late, she dies. Because the main characters in books never end up dying.

I really like the first one. Same with the second. The third one... I hated it. It made me cry... :,(

What's to stop the tributes from using the mines as weapons in the first 60 seconds?

It's illegal to hurt another tribute before the games start. Until the countdown's done, the games haven't started.

---------Second Book Spoilers---------

Okay, so in the second book you know how Peeta makes up the pregnancy thing to get people all riled up?

Did they seriously make it through that entire book without making a single "bun in the oven" joke? 'Cause I don't remember one and now I'm kind of disappointed. That was just begging to happen.

No I'm pretty sure there was one... It rings a bell, anyway D: Seems like something Haymitch would say.

No I'm pretty sure there was one... It rings a bell, anyway D: Seems like something Haymitch would say.

Just did a search on my kindle for "bun in the oven" in Catching Fire and Mocking Jay. No results for either, lol.

~

Been a long time since I just sat down and read a book the whole way through (been a long time since I actually read a book, sadly). Really enjoyed all of these. I was soooo glad when Katniss actually did shoot Coin in the end. I was worried she wouldn't and I found that woman creepy from the beginning, lol. :3

I'm not really all that into the post-apocalyptic genre, and books written in present tense usually drive me nuts. But my obsessed friends finally got me to read the first book, and I'm glad I did. Sure it was violent, and the idea of kids fighting each other for other's enjoyment is horrifying, but Katniss' character--- the way she teams up with Rue and sings to her as she dies (not to mention the other tributes she helps in the second book) as well as defying the Capitol--- make for an enjoyable read. I loved all the plot twists, like the mutts at the end of the first book and the clock arena at the Quarter Quell. The only thing that annoys me is that she has a tendency to write in fragments, especially when Katniss is reflecting on what happened. I also want Katniss to end up with Gale rather than Peetah, but I know from my friends that that isn't going happen (I haven't read Mockingjay yet).

@Backup- It's mentioned in the first book how one girl dropped her district token, a wooden ball, on the mines and was killed. Also, Katniss was several feet away from the Career's supply stash when she shot the arrows (I'm guessing around fifteen to twenty feet, as she was hidden in the woods but still within range) and was blasted deaf in one ear from the mines the tribute from Five (I think) planted around it.

Read them, didn't love them. However, I love the author's style of writing. My friend and I have conflicting views about her though.

I believe she's brilliant, where my friend thinks that Prim's death was unnecessary and ruined the point of all the books. We disagree greatly on this point. Anyone have any comments on it?

---MOCKINGJAY SPOILERS---

I don't know if Prim's death was necessary, but I didn't hate it. Well, I did, but not from a plot device point of view. Everything Katniss did came back to Prim. She went into the Games to keep her safe, she joined the rebellion to make the world better for her. That she died in the last moment of the war was kind of darkly poetic to me. Brought things full circle in a tragic way.

I loved the books and the movie. I gave my mom a copy of the first book for mothers day and she had it done that day. She just started MockingJay today.

I really like the first book, and the second was quite good as well. However, I just couldn't quite like the last book as much. I think it was the shift from the Hunger Games to simply being a war book. And seeing how Katniss was used by everyone without any regard for her mental and physical well-being.

Spoilers:

I'm still upset that Prim died. Didn't Katniss suffer enough? It jsut doesn't seem fair when everything that she did was for her sister. Still, I'm glad that at least she killed Coin. I wish things had ended better for Katniss, but I suppose the point of these books are to be realistic, not to be a feel-good story. Yes, she was with Peeta, at least, but I wanted her to have a better ending. She deserved it after all she went through.

Must Watch These! If you read the book you'll understand how funny they are!

How The Hunger Games Should Have Ended

How The Hunger Games Should Have Ended - Katniss, The Careers and The Tree Bonus Scene

Both funny! Watch the whole thing, including the bits AFTER the credits.

Lol. But Peeta doesn't die. It would be nice if they put the tracker jacket part.

I read the book back when it first came out- it's a phenomenal series! However, call me a hipster but I really don't care much for bandwagoners. Don't get me wrong, if you were just interested in the books later that's totally fine- I mean the people who thought they knew everything from the movie/didn't get the actual themes of the book/only rooted for Gale or Peeta because they're 'hot'. Sigh.

I've read it. They're good books. It's really popular around here.. Does anybody know why? Why is it this series and not another? There are other books like them, but why was it this one that really caught on fire?

Yes, I LOVED them! Awww Prim we'll miss you ;(

The film was a little dissapointing, but they always are, can't fit eyerything from a book in a film.

I had to read it several times to rea.ize she killed Coun and not Snow. I was like, " Hey, but... Isn't Coin president?" then, finally I find that one word.

I read the first book for a book club but found myself drown in to the point where I gave up computer AND knitting time.

Awesome series, the first was great and definitely enough to get me into the series, the second was so awesome that I kept reading, and then the last was just a great ending to the series.

LOVED IT ALL!

i have read 2 of the hunger games books and havent seen the movie yet... but i can definitely say that i love them. best book series i have read since chris paolinis inheritance cycle! and i loved the plot and character development in both books its just wow. the characters backgrounds are awesome along with the world they live in... so futuristic yet so like our society today... you know the whole We the government not We the people situation... anyhoo enuff political stuff... the adventures and now even the drama unfolding is extremely exciting and captivating really keeps you glued to the books thats for sure. at first i wasnt really interested but i was hearing and seeing it so much that finally i was like ill give a whirl and sure enough i was hooked! lol so awesome how these things come around! but the thing that made me happier than anything was the firm knowledge that the hunger games ousted the ever popugaggery that was twilight... *gags* never liked the series nor the movies... but anyhoo love these books and am still trying for the third at our library ^^ already started listening to the audio books on youtube xd.png cant wait to read it!!!

The first book was okay, not a great literary masterpiece, but okay. So I decided that I might as well read the second one. It was pretty awful, I never like the "let's just do this again, it worked the first time" theory to sequel writing. I would have been happier with a prequel rather than a sequel. Haven't read Mockingjay and at the moment, I don't plan to.

I enjoyed the first book. The next two were slightly disappointing.

The story made a much better movie than a book in my opinion. The filmmakers did a great job with it.