Hawaiianbabidoll

Hunger Games

Awks... what's shipping... unsure.gif

Pairing two characters together. I'm not sure on the exact terminology difference, but I'm pretty sure shipping refers to any couple, whereas slash is usually just same-sex couples. But that might just be because of how common same-sex shipping is.

Awks... what's shipping... unsure.gif

'Shipping is fan-supported relationships. Sometimes they're canon, often they're not.

Oh I see. Well I'm very Team Gale but that's not like the only thing about the books there is, y'know. ;-;

Can't wait for the Movie to come out March 26th!

Story: So I wa so interested in the Book Hunger Games one day, my friend came to me and said, "What is so interesting about that book?"

I say, " Shutup, I am reading a book! You know not to disrupt me while I am reading!"

He goes to his seat, I am watching a short clip on the tv (By the way, this takes place in Band Class)

Next thing I know, my book is gone from my desk, and there he is, reading it at his desk!

I loose intrest and continue on what I am doing.

In math I was so bored that I decided to go and Take the book from his desk, and then he got mad..

To give payback, He actually read ahead to the end of Hunger Games, and he Knew what happened at the end.

At Lunch, he started blabbing Bout' the book, and HE TOLD ME THE ENDING,

I be like I didn't know that, but I made an inference..... GAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I not happy now, cuz when i read the book, I think of the end,,,,, Gahh

Thanks for reading my story!!!

AWESOME BOOK, For some reason, can't help but want to be in the Hunger Games, I be soo much like Katniss, in my opinion, But not how my friends know me as, just the person on the inside!

I just finished the first book. It was so amazing! My fav character is Peeta. I heart him. wub.gif

Agreed! biggrin.gif In order my favorite characters are

1. Peeta

2. Cinna

3. Finnick

They're just awesome <3

1. The Books are so good!

2. I hate them because they are so predictable..... Peeta is so predictable

3. I hate them because Of how they end

"Katniss, there is no District 12"

"This is the end of book 2"

COME ON!!

I CANNOT PUT THESE DOWN!!!

And, anybody who agrees with me, this is one of the best book series EVER!!!

CANNOT WAIT TO READ MOCKINGJAY

(YES< YES< I HAVE NOT ALREADY READ THEM)

*SADLY*

I LOVED the series. It is probably my favorite series. The first book was the best, but the third book was just OK and it had kind of weak ending. But I can not wait until the movie comes out! I just hope they don't screw it up.

The third was my favorite out of all of them. A lot of people dislike it for the ending, but these are clearly not happy-go-lucky everything's fine in the end books. The ending was fabulous, as good as it could be to stay true to the facts of the world. The first book was amazing, the second was week, and the third was by far my favorite.

Disliked it for the ending?

The ending was my favorite part of the third book. I was glad for a story that didn't just go "And they won, and everything was magically better and they all lived happily ever after."

My only major problem with the second one is that they skipped over the victory tour. I wanted to see that so much.

A lot of people were unhappy with the ending either A because everyone died or B because Katniss didn't end up with Gale.

At least, I think those are the main two reasons. Some people also thought the writing went down in quality in the third book.

I love the series but I am not the biggest fan of how she tied everything up at the end of Mockingjay. I feel like there were a lot of loose strings left, that killing youknowwho was unnecessary (done to finalize Katniss' decision to choose Peeta instead of Gale and really a cheap way to do it) and that you really saw the drawbacks of the books being from Katniss' POV in Mockingjay.

Regardless, I still love the series. Johanna Mason is the best character.

SPOILERS-------

I thought killing Coin was entirely necessary. Snow had long since stopped being Katniss's real enemy, and Coin was setting herself up to be just like him. The only way to really escape the games she'd been stuck in all her life, she had to kill Coin.

And I don't see how killing Coin was a way to 'finalize' Katniss being with Peeta. I figured it was definite from when the parachute bombs fell. After that, she was broken. She couldn't help rebuild Panem, she couldn't share in Gale's world anymore. And Gale finally had the whole world of freedom. He wouldn't be content to settle back down to District Twelve. Nah, I think Gale and Katniss had been growing apart for a while. The bombs (and that Gale designed them) were the final straw.

I read them and must I say the authoer has a fablous style, where she left the first two as cliff hangers so you couldn't say no to reading the next one simple because you wanted to know the ending of the scene.

I personally don't like the ending of the last one though because to me all of it just seems wrong..

I read the books, and I love them so much. My favorite is the second one, Catching Fire. The first was really good, which made me want to read the second, which was even better. The third was OK tongue.gif

Suzanne Collins must be a very creative thinker, to think up this series. Especially in the second book, *SPOILER* where the arena was like a clock!

Love the series, can't wait for the movie to come out! <3

I liked the first few but I thought the ending was bad.

--Spoiler----

It seemed like Collins had developed Peeta and Gale both as contenders for Katniss's affections and didn't know how to choose in the end so in a rather OOC move she suddenly made Gale a murderer after which the ending was obvious. I don't think the Gale from the beginning books would have not cared about murdering those kids.

I am almost done with Mockingjay, ne chapter at a time.... MARCH 23RD PEOPLE THATS WHEN IT COMES OUT IN AMERICA!!!

But yeah, i still LOve, but so hate the series.....

gah! I just finished reading Hunger games last night, I loved it, I'm super excited to read Catching fire, but I'm not "allowed" to go buy it yet because my birthday is this friday and someone is giving it to me. . . ; ;

I can't wait for the movie, hopefully I'll finish all the books before then, they should be a pretty quick read if the second and third are anything like the first. smile.gif

I love the series and I'm almost done with Mockingjay. It's action-packed and the love scenes are kind of mysterious. The only thing I don't like about it is that there is a cliff-hanger at the end of each chapter. I have the urge to keep reading, but then I have to go to sleep after that.

--Spoiler----

It seemed like Collins had developed Peeta and Gale both as contenders for Katniss's affections and didn't know how to choose in the end so in a rather OOC move she suddenly made Gale a murderer after which the ending was obvious. I don't think the Gale from the beginning books would have not cared about murdering those kids.

Probably 'cause he wasn't the Gale from the first books; he changed.

Eh, I can't read too much of what's going on in this topic, as it clearly touches on parts of the story I haven't encountered yet. I don't want spoilers, so I'll have to return to read about other's opinions later.

For now, let me just say that I just finished reading "The Hunger Games". I started reading it quite late last night, and the plan was to just read a few chapters in bed before sleeping, but it was very captivating. I didn't manage to tear myself away from it before it was 3:40am. I am looking forward to reading the next book in the series smile.gif I'm very curious about what I'll think about it, having heard that others don't like the next books as much as the first one

--Spoiler----

We're never told that Gale didn't care. Heck, he might not have even known the parachute bombs were going to be used on children. But it was that he helped design the trap in the first place that was always going to connect him to Prim's murder in Katniss's mind.

Team Peeta all the way! Gale's actually kind of a dick sometimes. But then again. Katniss doesn't really deserve either of them. But she has them both anyway. *sigh* Ever spoiled Katniss Everdeen.

But otherwise I totally loved the series. Read all three books. Kept me hocked the whole time.

Edited by ShadowMenice