Hawaiianbabidoll

Hunger Games

I like them both equally, though maybe bk 1 the tiniest bit more.

The plot was more solid, yes..

... but I liked the fact that in the first bk Katniss went off on her own and didn't need any help. I was like "YOU GO GIRL!" but then in bk 2 she had to team up...ah well...

IT still was a good book, bk 2...with nice, interesting plot twists smile.gif

The Hunger Games series is among the most unique and interesting book series I've read. It has awesome chatacter and a great plot.

The only thing I don't like is the first person narrative. I'm so used to reading 3rd person narrative it's a bit confusing sometimes. lol

I enjoyed both, but as said before, the second book was less surprising because we already knew she would get out of the arena somehow, and making the relationship such a central plot element was... meh. Perhaps because I did not like Peeta all that much.

The ending was a welcome cliffjanger, and I am looking forward to the rebellion unfolding, but seriously, if this goes the way of your conventional YA fantasy movie, in which the hero gets the girl and they become king and queen (or president and first lady, or even female president and first... male counterpart) this will be a very sad Ell.

So - what do you think, how is the series going to end? Speculate! ^^

I loved The Hunger Games, read it on a flight home this month. I haven't readthe second book as yet, but am looking forward to it!

I loved The Hunger Games! I need to get Catching Fire soon. It was really better than I thought it would be. A few of my friends were stubbornly insisting that I read it.

Edited by RubyRed74

So, The Hunger games.

Have you read any of the trilogy yet?

If so, whos your favorite? Any amazing plot twists you would like to share go in this color along with a spoiler alert.

Like this:

SPOILER ALERT!

Lawl jk.

In a codebox for those who don't get it:

SPOILER ALERT!
[COLOR=ghostwhite]Lawl jk.[/COLOR]

Personally, I like Haymitch.

Yep, Haymitch Abernathy.

The always drunk mentor who took a head dive off the stage in book 1.

Thoughts?

That's just plain scary, I was planning to make this topic o.O

I'm reading the first one. It's really good so far.

Read all three. I can see why people wouldn't like it.

BUT I THOUGHT IT WAS AMAZING!

Just saying all the twists and turns kept me going

i think there's already a thread for this.

THE ENDING WAS NOT NO NO NO JUST NO.

The thing I hated most was

SPOILER ALERT!

KATNISS WAS SUPPOSED TO TAKE GALE.

I mean, her lover for Gale wasn't faked at all for cameras. It came more naturally, didn't it? dry.gif

THE ENDING WAS NOT NO NO NO JUST NO.

SPOILER ALERT!

KATNISS WAS SUPPOSED TO TAKE GALE.

I mean, her lover for Gale wasn't faked at all for cameras. It came more naturally, didn't it? dry.gif

I totally agree, that really messed up the end.

I thought that the first book was the best, as well.

Then comes Catching Fire.

Then comes Mockingjay.

I mean, I just didn't like al of Katniss's whinyness about how "oh, I don't wanna be Mockingjay..."

"I HAVE to be Mockingjay..."

"But I don't WANT to be mockingjay..."

I'm confuzzled since I just finished the first book. Anyhow, Peeta's really, really REALLY confusing. o.O Do you like her or not!?

I liked the Hunger Games, thought Catching Fire was too repetitive, and hated Mockingjay as it practically messed up the series.

And I just realized that the other Hunger Games topic is a duplicate.

Edited by Stunningfire

I hope this doesn't sound dumb but, are The Hunger Games scary? I'm a big chicken.... I'm ashamed of myself.... sad.gif

I hope this doesn't sound dumb but, are The Hunger Games scary? I'm a big chicken.... I'm ashamed of myself.... sad.gif

They could be scary. They're not directly scary, but they feature an oppressive government that forces children to fight to the death, it's relatively graphic, and the third book is most definitely quite fairly scary.

So I'm reading and everyone is saying that the first book is better. Though both books are GREAT I find that I like the second book better. I thought the ending left a great dropoff that left you going WHAT!?!?!?! or OMFG!!! It also answered many questions that I had in the first place. The ending was just the kind of ending that a third and final book could pick up and acctually do something with.

Basically the second book had a great ending with many questions that the third book will be able to answer.

thats exactly my opinion. personally, i wasn't as impressed with the third book as the other two. it answered the questions, yes, but it no longer really had to do w. the hunger games. it was all the rebellion. and training. and underground stuff. i dont know, it just didn't seem as good as the other two. id say that the second one was actually the best.

So anyway.

TEAM GALE.

ABSOLUTELY!

(Spoiler alert, highlight to view)

Katniss married Peeta, and had kids with him. i mean, she was totally with Gale! and then she goes to the boy with the bread? he saved her life, yes, but hes not all that attractive! when he goes crzy in book 3, he tries to kill her! gale sought to understand her, and they were true partners. and she dumps him into district 2 to work, while she goes off to marry the kid who can lie infront of the camereas and everybody else relly well. :|

back to book 3:

katniss is given he chance to kill snow. she doesnt. she kills coin. thats what id say would be the best way to end the series! 8D

I found this series very addicting, Although the last one was a bit of a disappointment to me.

The first one, To me, Was the best and was the one that reeled me in :3

Definitely a 10/10 for the whole series! Go out and get it guys!

OMG I loved the hunger games! The first book was definetely better because in the second the games were shorter and (forgive me ohmy.gif ) less interesting. I just got mockingjay but i left it at school so I have nothing to read over the weekend. That makes me sad. I'm so suprised and happy that so many people have heard of them!