Hawaiianbabidoll

Hunger Games

In my opinion..

Hunger Games: Very good, really enjoyed it.

Catching Fire: Played off the first book the entire way through, getting into darker stuffs.

Mockingjay: Got halfway through it, and stopped. It's just too sad and too strategy to me. I would have preferred a happy ending.

On a side note, the other series she did (Gregor the Overlander) I thought was amazing too. This one also had a bad ending, and I was kinda disappointed by that. I got to the ending of the last book (Code Of Claw) and I was like "That's it?"

I have something I'd like to drop off here; Mark Reads the Hunger Games.

http://markreads.net/reviews/

Its a guy called, well, Mark, who reads every chapter of the Hunger Games (and now the other two books), giving a review at the end of each one. He didn't know anything about the books going in, and its interesting to see his take on each part. (He's also read Twilight, which he hated, and Harry Potter, which he loved, if you want to check them out).

Also, note to younger users- Mark does occasionally use some strong language.

Mockingjay: Got halfway through it, and stopped. It's just too sad and too strategy to me. I would have preferred a happy ending.

I never really mind less-than-happy endings because... I don't know, happy endings are starting to feel kind of cliche. I mean, in real life that isn't how things always turn out, why should it be in books? Mockingjay reminded me of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows when it comes to your favorite characters dying, though. Sad.

I told everyone throughout the hunger games series that the ending wasn't going to be all happy and perfect and all of the girls and some of the guys at my school who read were saying that it would never end without unicorns and rainbows.

And then I ask, "Have you read Suzanne Collins other series? The underland chronicals?" They say no, and then I can respond: "The main characters best friend dies a slow and gory death right in front of him, the main character is then forced to leave behind all of his other friends and his girlfriend to live miles away while his baby sister is scarred for life, his father becomes increasingly sick with a disease not known to overlanders, his mother and other younger sister both fall into depression, and he is left to live the rest of his life alone and detached from the world." Then the book ends. I personally thought that both Peeta and Gale would die before the end of the series. Its how Suzanne Collins writes, and it should be accepted.

On a brighter note, did anyone else go to the mockingjay book tour?