Laurarockstar

Dragon Hearts

Ryder was distracted by a school of fish that swam by. He chased them around in circles but he was too slow to catch anything. "What are those?" he asked.

~~~~~

"By the looks of it, I'd say a few weeks, maybe a month." said Eclipse, followed by a loud yawn. "I don't know about you, but it's way past my bedtime."

~~~~~

Dia gently wiped off the dirt that covered the glass surface. "I think so. Who do you think it belongs to?" she asked.

((

Was I accepted?

Please post questions in the OOC from now on. smile.gif

Edit: Wait...didn't I already answer that?))

Edited by Booo

Kara slumped down. this forest was huge. Kara felt quite tired. 'Perhaps I sould try serching for the compass at the sky. For all I know, someone might have found it.'

she glided up to the sky. wings wide spread, She looked around for shiny gold against the green forest. circleing the forest, she saw two figure, and unmistakable glitter of something gold

Kara slowed down aiming for the spot. she hoped that these two figure were frendly dragons.

going down, she saw they were dragon. one looked like a glory drake and the other...

Kara paniced tumbling in the sky.

'no, it can't be! get a grip on yourself, Kara.'

she regained balance and started going down again, turning her shield so her scar would not show. As far as she knew, pure guardians did not take well to half guardians. She eyed the dragon with large shield suspicially.

Edited by sueprin

Dia gently wiped off the dirt that covered the glass surface. "I think so. Who do you think it belongs to?" she asked.

Vita shrugged not really knowing. "Never seen this before." he admitted then looked around "Maybe our mentors may know?" he suggested. "Or maybe follow the pointer..... its pointing to n.... does that mean no?" he wondered to him self not really knowing much about compasses.

Iskar gave out a long yawn himself followed by a nod.

"Yes, I very much agree with you. It is time for rest. Sleep Well, Eclispe."

As he put his head down, he thought about how long it would take for his injuries to heal. He had hoped perhaps it had not been so bad; however, he would have to make do with what he had. Perhaps during this time, he would take the liberty of finding out as much information as possible. Closing his eyes, he cleared his mind, and quickly fell asleep.

Dia shook the compass but the arrow remained vertical.

"I've seen one of these before..."

Before Dia could continue she heard a noise and looked up to see someone coming in for a landing. Just to be safe, Dia caused a small cyclone to form around her.

~~~~~

"You sure did! I'll have the next test ready by morning. But for now, you'd best be getting some rest." said Nellima, hoping that would give her enough time to think of something before dawn.

((Sorry for the wait. I'll go ahead with the time lapse if sueprin doesn't respond.))

Edited by Booo

Kara landed.

"Hi, I'm Kara Have you seen reina's-"

Kara saw golden thing in the glory's paw. Reina's compass! Kara thought she would never find it. She was glad. She can give it to Reina and hope fully get some training.

"You found Reina's compass!"

She said to the glory hatchling. She gazed at it. It was gold, and pretty to. Thre was tiny aroow in the middle of it, pointing the same way however strongly the hatchling shook it.

Kara looked at the guardian with a distrusting gaze. She shouldn't hate a dragon Just because of her past, but she still found him intimidating

((Meh. Anything is fine.))

((I think everyone's waited long enough...))

4 weeks later...

"Iskar! Wake up! Your gonna be late!" shouted Eclipse. It was summer, and today was the day that Iskar would finally discover his purpose in the Land of Gold. Iskar was the first patient that Eclipse actually enjoyed talking to and she couldn't help but feel sad to see him go.

((Will post more later.))

Vita woke up with a yawn. 4 weeks since the last magor event with Dia. Though thankfully they had a understanding. Though took him a little bit to get over how she did not want that sort of life, yet she was jealous that Yynara did have feelings for him and he was being nice to her. He hoped that would not pop up out of no where today. He lifted his head and looked around then den wondering what might go on today.

Iskar awoke to the sounds of Eclipse shouting. Of course, the Spitfire did not mind being awakened. He slowly opened his eyes while lifting his body from the ground. Spreading his wings out, he felt the blood rushing through his strong and powerful muscles. Eclipse had restored Iskar to full health, and he felt better than ever. Looking to the smaller dragon, he smiled and gave a nod.

"Thank you, Eclipse, for waking me. I must also thank you for taking care of me for the past four weeks. I do hope that my skills will help everyone here." Iskar started to move out, but stopped and turned his head back around to look at Eclipse, " I will make sure to come visit you. You have been a great friend during my recovery." Iskar turned to go again, but needed to ask on more question," So, do you know where I need to go?... I forgot. Haha"

Iskar receded to his mind as he awaited an answer. During the entire recovery process, he had learned more about the dragons here and their history. As the days continued, he knew that he would not leave this place for some time, if not ever. His thoughts turned to how his beloved country was faring. Perhaps they had won the war, but perhaps they had lost. Iskar may never know, but for his protection as well as others, he needed to stay here.

daylight woke Kara. Shaking her sleepiness away, Kara stood up.She gave the cave a quick glance. Nothing wrong. Today was the.... yes. The ceremony. Of Iskar. She've seen the spitfire a few times. Despite being injured, he seemed strong. Still, it would be nice if he was a hunter. Reina had to much on her paws already with three apprentice, and their lesson were short and rare. She would have ask for her mentor changed, but she didn't want to offend Reina. She wondered When she would become a full fledged hunter.Though she didn't stay here long, Kara was pretty much an adult.

Ryder must have seen the fish before Fluid did, because he zoomed out to catch the school. Unfortunately, he caught none. Fluid swam up to the hatchling who asked, "What are those?"

Fluid could not recognize the fish in this lake seeing as she was a foreigner and responded, "I don't really know. The have to be freshwater fish but that's all I can gather."

Unable to completely satisfy the hatchling's curiosity, Fluid continued with her original plan of catching a fish. It would be more difficult to do without her family around, but she would have to figure it out.

((That was a month ago Danny.))

"It was nothing...really." said Eclipse, smiling timidly. She wasn't used to being complimented so much. "Better take this with you." she said, giving him the book that Ashrin had lent her. The book was red and gold with the shape of a star engraved on the cover.

"It's located just west from here, by the statue of Athena. You can't miss it."

~~~~~

Ever since word got out that the moonstone was destroyed, that seemed to be all anyone talked about these days. As Dash prepared to set out on one of his expeditions he could hear voices coming from the other room. He pressed his ear against the wall and listened intently.

"I'm surprised they thought they could actually get away with this. Evoke the gods and you'll regret it."

"I'd rather be fed to a pack of wolves than be cursed for eternity."

The words rang through his head like a bell.

Don't be ridiculous! he thought. I refuse to believe that type of nonsense...

((Nellima's sleeping atm.))

Vrans woke up and yawned. his body was saying it was morning. He opened his eye's in a sleepy manner. He sat back trying to remember where he was. This was not his home in that forest thats for sure. He remembered being accepted into the place and getting a mentor. Though she seemed to be just as in need of a mentor her self if he recalled right.

((I forgot where he would be sleeping lol. In his mentors den or is there a builders den or...?))

((He's staying with Nellima unless you don't want him to.))

Dia's world was upside down, literally. She woke up hanging from a tree, gently swaying back and forth as her vision slowly came into focus.

That's strange... I don't remember falling asleep here.

Near the foot of the volcano stood Etsel, her eyes fixated on the Glory Drake as she came to her senses. She made sure to stay far away enough so that Dia wouldn't spot her, but remained close by in case Vita were to show up.

Edited by Booo

((Ok))

Vita stood up and stretched and then left the den. He looked around and thought about what to do. He took to the air and looked for his best friend. Dia, though half the time she was not in the hunters den anymore. He flew around looking for her. Normally she was in the tree's, though where was the question. "Dia. Dia" he called looking around.

Vrans look around again and went up to his mentor after spotting her still sleeping. "Morning Nellima." he said gently shaking her then backing off. Last time he did that he had to.

Iskar gave a faint smile and grasped the book carefully with his right claw. He had a dragon fitting satchel around his neck to carry a few oddities and now this book. He placed it in slowly making sure that it would not be damaged in any way. Looking back at Eclipse, he gave a nod and spoke.

"Thank you again. I shall see you in passing."

The great Spitfire moved out of the cave letting his claws find the soft grass before him. Slowly he spread his wings to take flight. His chest expanded taking in the air slowly. It felt good to be fully recovered and in control on one's body again. Crouching, he pushed himself up in the air while making his wings beat strong gusts of wind below him. Once he was high enough in the air, he started going toward the Statue of Athena.

Dia gazed up at the bough of the tree (or down, depending on your perspective) and reached out as far as she could. But no matter how hard she tried, her arms weren't going to get longer anytime soon.

Etsel laughed at her helplessness.

You poor soul, so feeble without your little blue friend...

Frustrated, Dia began to question whether she was still in the Land of Gold or not. There were trees and plants that she had never seen before, as well as sounds that sent shivers down her spine. But in the midst of it all, Dia thought she could hear someone calling her name. "Vita? Vita!? Is that you!?" she shouted. Surely he would've come searching for her by now. She spread her vibrant wings, hoping he would spot her through the thick jungle.

~~~~~

Spark sat outside waiting for Iskar, admiring the statue as he did so. He could tell that Nellima and her faithful student had put a lot of time and effort into making it look almost life like. However, upon closer inspection, he could tell there were still a few things that needed to be improved on.

~~~~~

Nellima groaned and turned away from Vrans. "Come back tomorrow...." she mumbled. Hopefully he would've guessed by now that she wasn't the morning type.

Edited by Booo

Vita thought he heard his best friend, looking around he saw colors on one area not match up and flew down. Yep there was Dia... stuck in a tree again. He went over and landed on the ground as his wings where too big to land on the branch. "Morning Dia..... how did you get like that?" he asked positioning him self to catch her again. She had only done that position a few times but he always wondered how she got like that. Though he felt like they where being watched. The feeling normally met someone that hated him around anyone was around.

Vrans smiled a bit and nodded. He decided to practice his skills on the little make shift house right out side. It was only half done but he did it in hi past time. It looked a lot better then the one he had made in the forest. Despite his mentor almost needing her own mentor she did know her stuff.

Dia could feel her tail beginning to loose its hold. "I don't know, but I don't think I can hang on much longer. How far till I reach the ground?"

((Anything I'm forgetting?))

Vita looked at the ground under his paws then back up at her "You won't be hitting the ground." he said then opened his wings again and flew up. He got his back up to her and started to pump his wings up taking her weight and leveling her so she can get her footing in place. "How do you sleep walk till your hanging in a tree? you have yet to tell me how ya do that." he said good naturally.

It did not take long for Iskar to reach the statue; however, he enjoyed his small flight. Slowing his movements, his blue eyes not only spotted the statue, but a red scaled dragon as well. He assumed that this was Spark whom he was supposed to meet. The rest of his descent he simply glided down to the ground and landed softly. He folded his great golden and turquoise wings and walked slowly to Spark. His eyes gazed up on the statue noting its detail. He too spotted some inconsistencies, but nothing in this would was perfect.

Turing his eyes to Spark, he gave a small and spoke plainly," I believe you are, Spark, correct? I am Iskar, the one who you have been waiting for."

Iskar relaxed his shoulders and sat back on his hind legs as he awaited for a reply.