TJ09

04/04/10 - Festival of Eggs

Okay. Lemme just say something here. TJ doesn't have to do anything; he doesn't have to release new dragons, give us special things on holidays, etc. But he does, and he puts up with whining.

Math time.

Let's assume you check every 12 minutes, as the new eggs appear between 11 and 12 minutes after you caught the last one.

38*12=456 minutes to catch 'em all.

That's about 7.5 hours total needed. Having even this extra day gives extra time for people who couldn't be on yesterday.

So all in all, he's giving us six times the time needed to catch them all. *shrug* That's pretty nice, IMO.

and people have work and school and families and sleep... so they can't sit and be on teh computer all day and try to get eggs... yeah nice

Got all 38! This was fun! Thanks, TJ, and the others who put this up, this is a great idea! biggrin.gif

Edited by Knuckerbearer

8D like this a lot better than competing with hundreds of people for an egg.

*agrees completely* i'm adoring this! biggrin.gif

I have (yet another) question. I have 31/38. About how much time will this take me?

well then make the events longer, and not on the actual holiday, where some people with religious / family obligations can't get online, and give us notice before the event not just when it's starting. all otehr events and releases he tells us before hand. I think this event was jsut poorly excecuted on tj's part.

There's always going to be someone who can't get on. We had yesterday and we had today. It's silly to think TJ can please everyone, and he was just trying to please as many people as he could.

In my experience with DC, this has been one of the best, if not the best event so far. There has been no competition, no drama, and everyone has been happy.

He hasn't always given us a heads up on events. Surprises are kind of nice every so often too.

I have (yet another) question. I have 31/38. About how much time will this take me?

1 hr 24 mins, if you click one every 12 mins without missing any time

A bit weird to see that people who already collected all 38 eggs agree that it was enough time. Some others had to drive a couple of ours. While celebrating holidays with your family, you can't sit in front of the computer and hunt eggs for 7,5 hours biggrin.gif Even if it lasts two days...

While normal events are about one egg, which can actually be traded too, we're talking about 38 eggs in 7,5 hours.

A lot of people will feel butthurt about this, I suppose, IF you get something ouf of collecting all 38 eggs. But well, it's the internet and people will always feel butthurt...

In my experience with DC, this has been one of the best, if not the best event so far. There has been no competition, no drama, and everyone has been happy.

He hasn't always given us a heads up on events. Surprises are kind of nice every so often too.

Totally agree w/ this. This has been an awesome event!

Also, love your Toothless icon in your sig smile.gif Awesome movie too!

I know I probably won't get all the eggs (curse my parents for curfew dry.gif ), but hey, I got 17/38. Considering I've been seeing news one day late lately, I'm pretty happy. Happy Easter to everybody and thanks to TJ, sprites and everybody else smile.gif

and people have work and school and families and sleep... so they can't sit and be on teh computer all day and try to get eggs... yeah nice

Most holidays don't have school. Offhand, only valenitine's does. And halloween.

<.<'

This event doesn't require to be at the computer for hours. You can check back anytime after 11 minutes and be guaranteed an egg in the collection. No fighting with other users for a special egg, how great is that?! TJ seems to have taken the whining from other people about having an event that everyone can benefit from, no matter your time available or connection speed, and done this lovely event, and people are still moaning about it.

Blinkie in my sig for all to use! ( I dont know when I made this, it was in like the 100 pages...kindof lost the post -bricked-) Love the other flashie wet sock made, next to the one I made in my sig.

[*IMG]http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll207/startehcat/eggbasketflashie-1.gif[/img]

Without the * smile.gif

only 4 mins 2 my next egg~ ....23/38. 15 more to go!

Quoting this because someone asked for the basket for their sig.

4 left! Wooo!!

Wouldn't it be great if we were allowed to pick one to hatch and raise. That would be awesomesauce.

8D like this a lot better than competing with hundreds of people for an egg.

oh god i agree with you so much lol

every time there's an event, i need to get ready to destroy my mouse clicking for new eggs e-e;

I finished collecting the eggs earlier today. I had plenty of time to get them all. I wonder what will happen to them at midnight... O.o

All of the eggs are beautiful! I think my favorites are the ones made by Nakase, Sif, and JereduLevenin.

oh god i agree with you so much lol

every time there's an event, i need to get ready to destroy my mouse clicking for new eggs e-e;

Now is actually a good time to collect eggs, because everyone is so busy with these Easter eggs, there's barely anyone in the cave or AP. I think 30 people is the smallest amount I've ever seen in there!

Now is actually a good time to collect eggs, because everyone is so busy with these Easter eggs, there's barely anyone in the cave or AP. I think 30 people is the smallest amount I've ever seen in there!

No joke O_O I managed to snag a Fellflame AND a Speckled egg today! I even almost got a Chicken!

No joke O_O I managed to snag a Fellflame AND a Speckled egg today! I even almost got a Chicken!

Yah, pity I'm scroll locked though sad.gif

Nevermind, lol.