evina

TheEvina's DragHatch

Something is not working right about the view counter. I went through all the dragons using the "view all dragons" and on the last page I viewed it showed I had viewed over 6000 dragons for my totals, but when I went back to the home page it was only showing 4000+. I don't know what my view count was before I went to view all.

The count is climbing again as the page refreshes, now.

On 1/30/2022 at 3:09 AM, Nootybloops said:

Is the view counter supposed to reset when you refresh the page?  Because it is for me.

What browser are you using? (Also, the value may not be stored if you are in a private viewing mode.)

On 1/30/2022 at 6:44 AM, purplehaze said:

Something is not working right about the view counter. I went through all the dragons using the "view all dragons" and on the last page I viewed it showed I had viewed over 6000 dragons for my totals, but when I went back to the home page it was only showing 4000+. I don't know what my view count was before I went to view all.

The count is climbing again as the page refreshes, now.

I just now realized that this might happen if you open the view-all page in a separate tab while leaving the front page open. The main page will overwrite your views from view-all. Sorry about that. (I might be able to fix this in the next update.)

Firefox 94.0.2, Win7, standard window!

ETA: oh hey, it's saving it now.  Huh! Guess it was just a Random Bug, then!

Edited by Nootybloops

1 hour ago, evina said:

I just now realized that this might happen if you open the view-all page in a separate tab while leaving the front page open. The main page will overwrite your views from view-all. Sorry about that. (I might be able to fix this in the next update.)

That is probably what happened. I don't usually have it open in another tab, so it isn't a major problem. It just happened that I didn't realize I already had it open. Thanks for the answer.

9.7.0 (Feb 5 2022)

• Fixed some bugs where views for dragons on multiple tabs would not add up correctly. (TEST)
  • Added a new feature (currently only for secured scrolls): Auto add. Use the + option on the front page to add all of your eligible dragons in one click.

To reiterate: Yes, the auto-add feature is only available to secured scrolls at this time but may open up to all scrolls in a future update. To confirm that all your dragons were added, you can hover your mouse over the success message to see how many were added in each category.

autoadd.jpg.962aebfcf53e4f38e899d08dc35d628f.jpg

When I try to update my dragons, I am getting a pink bar that says "Error: Unable to update dragons." That happened several times. Then when I came back after viewing all the dragons on the site it still doesn't update, but I don't get that message. It just goes back to the bar showing my scroll name with the Open button. I click open, update, and then I am right back to where I started from and my scroll is not updated.

Edited by purplehaze

1 minute ago, purplehaze said:

When I try to update my dragons, I am getting a pink bar that says "Error: Unable to update dragons." That happened several times. Then when I came back after viewing all the dragons on the site it still doesn't update, but I don't get that message. It just goes back to the bar showing my scroll name with the Open button.

Yeah, that was my bad. It should be fixed now.

EDIT: Also, there's a new theme: Valentines 2022

Edited by evina

2 minutes ago, evina said:

Yeah, that was my bad. It should be fixed now.

Caught you at a bad time? Okay. Thanks.

Edit: Whoa! PINK!

But it is still not updating.

Edited by purplehaze

31 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

But it is still not updating.

Try refreshing the page. Is it still the same message? I'm not seeing it right now.

Edited by evina

Whatever was wrong is okay now. I left, shut it down completely and now that I came back a couple of hours later everything seems to be working correctly.

@MaidMarian - Cannot Load Data..... :(

ETA apparently a clouflare oissue.

Edited by Fuzzbucket

There seems to be an issue with the viewer. It would load right when I first enter the page but on subsequent auto-refreshes it'd give the error 'Unable to retrieve dragons. Please try again later.'.

It's the only hatchery I use regularly and I noticed my UVs gained being much lower than usual recently so I don't think this is something only I face.

I am having the same issue as @Shizuku-chan. When I first go to the site it loads fine, but on the first refresh I get that same message. If I manually refresh it in my browser it loads the dragons again, but then when it tries to refresh itself? Nada.

I am using Firefox, if that matters.

Actually now I'm getting that with Opera, too.

Thank you for bringing this to my attention. I have fixed the problem and will keep an eye on it. (Some wacky things have been happening to this server lately.)

Hey, just want to let you know, that I love this egg hatching website. And I appreciate all your work, since I use it many years. I play DC since 2009. The reason I came here is, that I wanted to ask, if players using your website can help with removing already grown dragons? Because before I visited your website, I was on one of the other hatcheries I usually put my eggs in and I helped on that site with removing already gown dragons, because I noticed on that website, there were so many more already grown up dragons, than I ever saw before there, so I helped removing them, bc it's very easy to do so there. And after I came to your website I noticed, that there are many more gown up dragons too, then I usally noticed.  But I didn't find a way to remove them. Is there a way or is it an automatic process? If it's possible to help, I would love to know how.

On 2/2/2023 at 1:46 PM, Leelith said:

Hey, just want to let you know, that I love this egg hatching website. And I appreciate all your work, since I use it many years. I play DC since 2009. The reason I came here is, that I wanted to ask, if players using your website can help with removing already grown dragons? Because before I visited your website, I was on one of the other hatcheries I usually put my eggs in and I helped on that site with removing already gown dragons, because I noticed on that website, there were so many more already grown up dragons, than I ever saw before there, so I helped removing them, bc it's very easy to do so there. And after I came to your website I noticed, that there are many more gown up dragons too, then I usally noticed.  But I didn't find a way to remove them. Is there a way or is it an automatic process? If it's possible to help, I would love to know how.

Grown dragon removal is an automated process. (It also removes fogged and dead dragons.) Each dragon is checked by a script once every 12 hours. I have considered making this more frequent, but it still works well enough. And I have limited resources with the shared hosting I use.

Giving users the ability to remove any dragons (other than their own) is not ideal because it can potentially be abused. That's why I removed that feature years ago and added more security.

Thank you for your replay. I understand. And yes, your website works quite well. I love it and I am happy that there are DC players like you, that cares for our cute little hatchies. :D  I just thought, I ask, in case there is a way for users removing already gown up dragons and I only  just didn't understand how to remove them, bc on some other hatcheries users can do that. But maybe this hatcheries too, have an automatic process implemented and that players can remove them is sth. additional.  

Anyone else having issues with the site? Has been this way for the last few hours for me.

"Unable to retrieve dragons. Please try again later"

Edited by Tawanda001