evina

TheEvina's DragHatch

It seems to be working okay for me.

Is anyone else getting a "resource limit reached" error?

I am getting that too. It has happened occasionally in the past, but resolved immediately with the next try. It does not seem to be resolving itself this time. :(

Anyone else running into "scroll could not be found" errors if their scroll name has a space in it? I noticed this seems to have started happening earlier in the week, shortly after one of the "resource limit reached" events.

It used to be that it was the one hatchery where you could view your scroll if it was hidden - that seems not to be the case any more - is that so ? A shame....

@evina - was this an intended change ? It was so good to have a hidden scroll and be able to look at all the times left if you'd secured your scroll on your site anyway !

Edited by Fuzzbucket

I made no changes to the site this week. I was unaware of what @Fuzzbucket said because I never had my scroll hidden.

@Firefury Amahira I tried to open your scroll and got the same result. I checked internally, and Dragon Cave returns 'Unable to find user' . TJ may have made a change to the API with hidden scrolls, in which case I can't do anything about it. Can you open it after unhiding your scroll?

Edited by evina

Oh. Maybe I was just lucky in the past - I will try again later ! Thanks.

2 hours ago, evina said:

I made no changes to the site this week. I was unaware of what @Fuzzbucket said because I never had my scroll hidden.

@Firefury Amahira I tried to open your scroll and got the same result. I checked internally, and Dragon Cave returns 'Unable to find user' . TJ may have made a change to the API with hidden scrolls, in which case I can't do anything about it. Can you open it after unhiding your scroll?

Yeah, if I unhide first it loads up just fine. Bummer if it's a change or bug on DC's end with the API. It was so convenient being able to add eggs without unhiding my scroll first. 😅

Is anyone else getting '403 Forbidden' error when trying to access the site? I seem to be running into that for maybe a week or so. x_x

12 minutes ago, Shizuku-chan said:

Is anyone else getting '403 Forbidden' error when trying to access the site? I seem to be running into that for maybe a week or so. x_x

No, it works perfectly

Version 9.7.7 Released

• New theme: Holiday 2023
  • Background image changed for Holiday 2016.

Holiday 2016 is default for right now. Yes, these new images are AI generated...

Known issue with Holiday 2023 theme: Some text is dark. I can't fix it today.

@Shizuku-chan There is an intermittent error (a 403 I think) about a resource limit. I've optimized the site as much as I can, so I don't think that's going away as long as I have this host.

Edited by evina

1 hour ago, pavendna said:

Ok, I've never seen that before. Does it happen sometimes or every time? What browser are you using? What country are you accessing from?

It's working fine for me. The only thing  I have seen lately was a "too many users just now" message.

Does it happen sometimes or every time?

----

Answer: from mid-November to the present day, this message has been hanging for days

What browser are you using?

----

Answer: Yandex browser and sometimes Google Chrome, when my mother has distance learning

What country are you accessing from?

---

Answer: Russia

Edited by pavendna

I did not publish any changes to the site in November. It isn't a problem with permissions. It doesn't appear to be the firewall either. I contacted the host and they don't understand it either. I'm so sorry.

I'd try another browser - but I fear that your location may be the problem....

Unless - try clearing your cache AND your dragcave cookies. One of hem could be corrupted.

Edited by Fuzzbucket

I have never seen the Yandex browser but google says:

Clearing Cache on Yandex Browser for DesktopSelect "More Tools" followed by "Clear browsing data". In the "Time range" drop-down menu, select "All time". Check the box next to "Cached images and files". Click on the "Clear data" button to clear your cache.

There is a whole article here:

https://browser.yandex.com/help/personal-data-protection/cache-memory.html

for the cookies - so that you don't clear all of them - 

go here and follow the instructions

https://browser.yandex.com/help/personal-data-protection/cookies.html

But if it happens in Chrome as well - it may be something to do with being in Russia. Have you tried using a VPN ?

Edited by Fuzzbucket
typo

Have you tried using a VPN ?

---

I am not going to buy VPN for the sake of a second's pleasure, as I do not have certain financial means. Our laptop exists only for remote work, additional extensions are not purchased or downloaded

In short, everything is clear with you. As soon as I said that I was from Russia, hung all the dogs on me. And you're not even going to help. It's a shame, there was a very good incubator for dragons. I will look for alternative, not fast options

Edited by pavendna

I have offered you several links to work with Yandex, in case that helps.  With full details on how to clear your cache and cookies.There are also very good free VPNs. That's all I can do, as I have never seen Yandex in action, so I have to rely on google.

I simply mentioned Russia as I KNOW they are blocking some sites. That is all over the press, and I'm sure you are aware of this. I have myself recently tried to BUY something from Moscow, and the sellers pointed out that they are not ALLOWED to deal with me.

But if you don't want help, that's fine. I tried.

Edited by Fuzzbucket

I don't think this is a problem limited to Russian users - myself am connecting from an Asian country and getting the same error on both PC & mobile.

Well, it could help to clear your cache and your DC cookies in case they are corrupt - as I said to @pavendna