evina

TheEvina's DragHatch

For me it does the "browser check" every time, and then most of the time I have to click "I am human" and then solve 2 - 5 "click all pictures with a truck" captchas before accessing the site. It's a bit annoying because trucks and busses and trains look rather similar even to me (a human), but still better than an inaccessible site.

Question, is the 'i'm human' checkbox *and* truck-picture verification supposed to happen every single time? I figured maybe it would happen once every 24h to re-verify or something, but I was using the hatchery late last night and then this morning when I opened it I got both verifications again, then I got offline for roughly an hour and when I came back I had to do it *again*. Is that just how it has to be now? Especially with the pictures, I'm having a lot of trouble actually distinguishing trucks from trains/buses/etc...

Edited by HeatherMarie

Am European and while the site works alright after a little loading time, whenever I tab out for longer than a minute or so the scroll manager stops working and I have to refresh the whole page to get it to work.  Certainly a step up from it not working at all and I assume it's due to the Cloudflare protection thing, but thought I'd report it here because it is still inconvenient to say the least. 

I adjusted some of the settings. For those who had problems, let me know if anything has changed.

@evina, it is working just like before (no checking browser, no captcha...). I'll let you know if there's any problem again.

Thank you very much for a hatchery that protects scrolls by password and already opens them automatically and for fixing it!

I really missed it❣

edit:

And I jinxed it...

It said it was unable to load data and,  when I refreshed the page, it got back to endless checking...

edit:

AND it worked perfectly once again...

...for now... 🤞🏼😉

Edited by Seejey

It took about 30 seconds of waiting on the cloudflare page, but I was able to get through!!! So happy, I've missed this hatchery very much!!! 

Instaload ? Yay - off to test.

Nope - still getting the cloudflare barrier. Which is fine, no problem.

11 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Instaload ? Yay - off to test.

Nope - still getting the cloudflare barrier. Which is fine, no problem.

I cleared cache and restarted my phone just before trying again and that may have helped, along with Evina's latest work.

Still got the Cloudflare check, but it loaded very quickly and now site has been working without issue - thank you for your work Evina, let's hope everything stays normal now :D

For me, its loading instantly half the time and, for the other half, twice it took too long (more than 30 seconds) cycling so I gave up.

I've been checking every other hour or so and twice in little more than one day is much better than always as before.😁

Thanks for your Security,the only problem is that the DDOS defence's redirection sometime dosn't work well,keeping redirecting for many times or just stop there,not too bad to stand.

DragHatch 9.0.0 BETA (Sep 8 2021)

• Re-implemented themes. Dark mode is now available!
  • New feature: Automatic scroll login. This option can be selected from the security page.
  • The viewer may sometimes load two nursery groups together (more dragons are viewed than before).
  • This update adresses some security and performance issues.
  • Minor updates to the wording of the terms/privacy policy including a note about the theme cookie.
  • Stats page removed
  • Help/FAQ page added
  • Updated libraries
  • Changed the way the site loads scripts and stylesheets.
  • Many other changes and improvements.

This release may not be completely stable. Please report any problems. Also, anyone wishing to suggest or design a theme they want, let me know.

And I have to do a captcha ... I hope that's a once only thing....!

But it looks really good, and it is the best one out there. :wub:

Love it! I wasn't aware of any hatcheries that were still being worked on and updated so it was a big surprise to see this.

Thank you for your hard work on this ❤️ 

Great job with the Themes! I chose Dark Mode right away.  Love it!

Yup, it's unavailable to load data for me. I tried other people's scrolls and my android just to make sure that its not my browser's fault. 

This morning I've gone from the first screengrab to the second, having had a few days of the first one. It's not ideal, but at least now there's something to click. There's no longer a preparatory 'wait a few seconds and we'll let you in' screen - but I didn't mind that because it was obviously necessary at the time and much better than the site falling prey to DDOS.

Actually, not knowing what one's clicking on until the page loads stops people being selective about clicking, which might be a good thing in some ways.

Evina - thank you so much for all your work keeping your hatchery going. It really is very much appreciated by all your users.

draghatch.thumb.jpg.b5d6267cce7d7a06d71f45d70fb8b85d.jpg 

evina2.jpg

For some reason starting today I can't load my scroll. Specifically mine, other scrolls work. It just tells me "Please enter a valid scroll name." even though it worked fine until now...perhaps it is because my username (MissK.) has a period at the end? Not sure if it's fixable, just thought to mention it because it's a shame not to be able to use the fansite anymore. 

3 minutes ago, MissK. said:

For some reason starting today I can't load my scroll. Specifically mine, other scrolls work. It just tells me "Please enter a valid scroll name." even though it worked fine until now...perhaps it is because my username (MissK.) has a period at the end? Not sure if it's fixable, just thought to mention it because it's a shame not to be able to use the fansite anymore. 

Have you tried putting your scroll name in without the full stop, to see what happens?

3 minutes ago, Freima said:

Have you tried putting your scroll name in without the full stop, to see what happens?

That is another existing scroll name unfortunately, though that person's scroll is empty. I've tried changing my username to remove the period as it often messes with links and it's not possible for the same reason.

I just had a look at the other scroll. Given that it doesn't even seem to have the original eggs one would expect to find on a new scroll, is it worth asking for it to be removed? It obviously hasn't had any activity at all, so it won't be doing any harm if it no longer exists.

And I seem to be caught in an endless loop of the captcha. :(

Ok I can fix the issue with the scrolls not loading. I wasn't fully aware of the characters allowed in a scroll name.

EDIT: It should be fixed now. (DragHatch 9.0.0 RC2) Thank you for your patience.

Edited by evina