UchihaAce

Through Tooth and Claw...

((I'll think about it... And welcome back Dragonette!))

"I'll help too!" the icicle hatchling added more snow. Hopefully it would help. He added a layer of calming magic to the flakes.

The FangClan dragons looked up in the sky to see snowflakes falling down on the ground. "It's snowing. If we wait a while and let as much snow pile on the ground, then we can use the foot prints we find on the snow to track down hatchlings and adults back to their caves and nests," said the leader of the group. "Yeah, but now we're going to get cold!" complained a teenage sunstone hatchling, who didn't like cold temperatures. "Quit complaining and focus on your job! We have to look for eggs to steal and kidnap some hatchlings," said a spitfire dragon. "He's right! FangClan needs as much dragons as possible so that we can build up a big enough army to destroy the humans," said the leader. Django, who was wearing a light-blocking white cloak to protect him from the sun's harmful light, was skeptical about the snow on the ground. "Leader!" he said. The dragons looked at the vampire hatchling as the leader asked, "What?" "Isn't it summer time? There shouldn't be any snow at all in a season like this. Which means there's an ice-type dragon nearby doing this," Django pointed. The group realized that Django was correct as the gray dragoness said, "Hey, he's right! We have to go look for that dragon and see if he's got any eggs we can snatch!" "Come on guys, let's go!" said the leader. Then the FangClan dragons went to look for the ice dragons.

Yuki cringed. "I scent a Vampire nearby, and it's not Dark's or Luna's."

Glace nodded. "I sense him too." She paused. "There's also a Sunstone, Spitfire, Gray, and another one which I cannot sense the breed as well. I can't tell what stage either, but I perceive all of them as very dangerous. The Sunstone and Spitfire will most certainly be a threat, especially to Yuki, the Icicle hatchling, and myself."

"And with you being injured, you're gonna have one heck of a time fending them off." Yuki summed up.

"Exactly."

Edited by DiaGlace48

Luna kept her distance from the others, still keeping her hood up, and listened patiently. She pulled her cloak a little tighter around herself, though, when the others started to use their own magic to make it snow.

"Ugh."

Nite Bite was not particularly fond of the change in temperature either and started complaining. Luna's batlike ears flattened against her head as she tried vainly to lock the little dragon's complaints out.

She flared her ears again, however, when the others started talking. "... None of us are in any condition to fight against dragons, let alone vampires" she responded coldly (in quite a literal manner), "so the next best choice would be to either run or hide."

Edited by digipup

"That's just the problem." Glace growled in frustration. "Normally, my wings and tail would refrain from "reshaping" in temperatures of up to around 200 degrees. However, with them being so weak, as soon as I stop the snow from falling, the Summer heat will quickly melt whatever snow is already on the ground, not-to-mention my wings and tail. If the snow doesn't stop falling and we escape by running or decide to hide by foot, they'll find us by our tracks, despite the falling snow. If we hold out a little longer, my wings should be repaired enough to be able to fly. However, the forest around us (just play along) looks pretty dense. If I were to be gliding around in that and I accidentally hit one of my wings on a tree, it'll surely shatter. Flying in the sky, well, we'd be easily noticed. And even if Kanii, the hatchlings, and I were to ride on someone's back, we'd be held back by the weight. Besides, we're all very well conspicuous anyway. I'm nearly positive Nite Bite wouldn't enjoy hiding under the snow, nor would anyone else."

"So," Yuki sighed.

"What now?"

The FangClan group got closer to where the dragons (and humans, if there are any) are until they saw them through the trees and bushes. "There's our target, the ice hatchling. But she's with some company," said the red dragon leader. "So, what's our plan?" asked the winged sunstone hatchling. "The four of us will fight off the vampire dragoness and her friends, while you take the hatchling in the midst of confusion," said the leader as he pointed to Django. The cloaked vampire hatchling said, "Yes sir." The red dragon explained his battle strategy and picked the sunstone dragonet to fight the vampire, the gray dragoness and spitfire to fight the (whatever dragon Nite Bite is), and while he himself will fight the hybrid. "Everyone got it?" the leader asked. "Yes sir!" they all said. "Good, now let's go," said the red dragon. Then the FangClan members charged through the bushes and got out to attack. The sunstone dragonet blew out his solar flame breath at the vampire dragoness, while the leader blue out his flame breath at the hybrid. Both the gray dragoness and spitfire dragon slashed their claws at the (whatever dragon Nite Bite is). In the midst of the fight, Django, dashed in a blink of an eye, towards the ice hatchling and grabbed her by the scruff as he tried to take her away from her friends.

((What kind of hybrid is Glace?))

((Glace is, as I've finally decided, a slight cross between an Icicle and a Winter dragon. For the most part, it's Icicle, but her hair is wavy and the tips are a royal blue, resembling a Winter dragon. And, there's a Winter hatchling (Yuki, female) and an Icicle hatchling (male). Which do you mean to take? And I believe Nite Bite is a Vampire dragon.))

"They're here!" Glace screeched. She couldn't tell whether her warning was too late as the FangClan dragons' attack begun. She narrowly managed to dodge a scorching jet of fire, whilst at the same time lunged in the direction of Django, who had a seemingly painful grip on Yuki. She dug the cold, sharp edges of her still-healing wings into his scales. She wrapped her tail around his neck, the tip pressed against his head.

"Put Yuki down." The hybrid hissed. "I promise you, dear, I will not hesitate to kill you."

Never in her life had Glace felt so angry. Her darling little sister, taken away from her so soon? Never, ever in her life.

"I would never let anyone take her. Not now, rather over my dead body! You'll have to kill me first! Then again, I doubt you'd stand any chance against an Icicle and Winter cross, now would you, vampire?"

((*Headdesk* Luna is a dragon-human hybrid, although the only signs she shows of that are her ears (see my avatar), and she's wearing a hooded cloak at the moment, and Nite Bite is an alt. black hatchling, which Luna is keeping in a bag underneath her cloak at the moment. xd.png Nite Bite hasn't actually been seen by anyone yet. *Pokes* Go back and read the form! XP ))

Luna pricked one ear and dodged swiftly to the side, clutching her leather bag to her chest. Nite Bite let out an audible squeal. "MOOOONNNSSSTERRRRRR!"

"Hold on tightly, Nite Bite!"

Nite Bite buried her claws into the side of the bag, lodged her teeth into one of the folds for good measure, and squeezed her eyes shut. From beneath her cloak, Luna suddenly whipped out a small curved, draconicly-decorated knife, which she had stolen during one of her own exploits in the past.

((... Luna's knife looks something like this. No magic powers, it just looks cool. xd.png))

Edited by digipup

As Django was running away with the winter hatchling he had snatched, the hybrid dragoness tackled him with her cold wings and wrapped her tail around his neck as she threatened to kill him if he didn't release Yuki. But Djnago wasn't fazed at all by her threat. Instead, he just smirked and let out a sinister chuckle before saying, "Just because you're a hybrid, that doesn't mean you're powerful, wretch. Besides, you shouldn't underestimate your foes, no matter how young they are. It could be end of you if you don't know what you're up against. By the way like you suggested, I think I'll definitely kill you first before I make off with your precious Yuki." He made a vile grin on his face before he blew out a stream of dark flames on the hybrid's tail. At the same time, the red dragon leader rammed at her with his long black horns before he blew out another breath of fire. The spitfire dragon and the winged sunstone hatchling both growled at the dragon-human girl who clutched onto her draconic knife as she looked ready to attack. The spitfire blew out his blue flame breath, while his sunstone partner blew out his solar flames at the girl. Meanwhile, the gray dragoness went after the male ice hatchling and tried to take him up into the air.

The hybrid's first reply was a subtle smile. "Whoever said I had underestimated you? You are strong, yes. But, I've yet to determine who has gone through the most hardships." The black flames scorched her tail and melted the ice and snow around it, but the mineral casing underneath was still intact (you're gonna have to go back a few pages to know what I mean). Though it also cracked the tail in the middle, the healing progressed rapidly. Now she has two tails. The ice on her wings was also cracked, so she sprang up and fluttered them. The loose ice and remaining glass that was trapped beneath it rained down into Django's eyes. Slapping his plawlons (paws/claws/talons since we didn't know what to call them) away from Yuki, and took her back. Glace breathed on Django ('tis ice breath) and raced over to steal back the Icicle hatchling. As she did so, a blizzard whipped up, making it hard for anyone to really see each other. It was also hard for anyone to walk or fly (save for Glace on the flying) The downside: the ice hybrid was even easier to see than before.

And here's my new RP form:

Username: DiaGlace48

Name: Xerxes Glace Hydro

Dragon: Yuki Otome AutumnRose/Female/Winter/Stage 1

Description: glaceashalexismorganand.th.jpg She's the girl in the middle (I know, horrible picture, I drew that a long time ago, though), only her left eye is red and she has a vertical scar over each of her eyes. She has wings like these protruding from her back, only they're a bit thicker and encased in the ice are layers of sapphire and diamond protecting the bone underneath. Her tail looks like the dragon's in the picture, with additions the same as the wings. Oh, and she now has two tails. Her hair is really wavy and is tipped with a royal blue color, like a Winter dragon.

Personality: It changes. Let's leave it at that. She's usually mellow, but if a friend's in danger, she explodes, often covering the perimeter in ice.

Brief History: She's lived alone all her life, waiting for Yuki to hatch. Her parents were a woman with a touch of Winter DNA and an Icicle dragon, which are both dead. She's lived in a forest encased in ice, so it stopped growing. It always snowed there, and was home to a frozen river, which Yuki's egg was inside for protection. The forest and river stayed in its cold state because Glace lived there. There was also a village nearby. The hybrid was thus frequently attacked by drunken farmers. Throughout it all, she survived, ventured out away from the forest, and met Harold Stonesworthy. She formed a friendship with him along with Thief Kanii and her Icicle hatchling, Mysterious Dark and her dragon party crew, Dragoness Luna and Nite Bite, and a few Clan dragons.

Other: She attacks with strong ice-related attacks. She also cooks with ice (it's so cold it's hot). If she's pushed hard enough or uses enough energy, she can turn into a full-fledged Icicle Dragon. The only downside is, the transformation zaps her energy.

Edited by DiaGlace48

Luna's eyes got big and she made another dive, getting the edge of her cloak singed and ratty.

Luna did not intend to fight, but just to get away. She knew very well her knife was useless against dragonbreath, and there was no way to overcome this.

"Cowards who run away get to eat another day," she hissed under her breath.

Nite Bite had a complaint. "WE SHOULD GET UP AND FIIIIIIIIIGHT!"

"Not if we don't want to lose anything!" Luna stumbled and scrambled away through the underbrush, trying to put some distance in between herself and the enemies.

Then it started snowing. Again.

"Oh, come on," Nite Bite moaned.

Kanii looked around wildly as Fangclan attacked. she spotted a dragon lunge for her hatchling. "Nooooooo!" She screamed. It was her hatchling. She wouldn't let anyone touch it. She dived towards him, closing her arms around the little hatchling. "Go away!"

Django gritted his teeth in a growling manner as he saw her one melted tail becoming two. Then the hybrid girl hovered up and rained down icy glass shards onto the vampire's crimson red eyes. Django snarled in pain as the first two hit his eyes before he quickly closed them and brang up his two paws over his face to shield them. Then when the short rain was over, the hybrid took up the winter hatchling and tried to breath down ice on him. The vampire kouhai opened his eyes and leaped backwards in a blink of an eye to avoid her icy blizzard. Then suddenly out of nowhere, an ice storm hit as the cold winds blew through the forest with lots of snow flying. The FangClan dragons shivered as they felt the coldness on their scales. Then another dragoness, the ice hatchling's mother (I think, or is it a human?), came and grabbed the ice hatchling before the gray dragoness got to him. The gray grinned maliciously as she made a brief giggle before she challenged her, "Make me!" The red dragon leader saw hybrid racing towards the ice hatchling and his mother/human. In an attempt to stop her and hopefully burn her down, the red dragon spat out a speeding huge fireball at her.

((Sorry for the late post. To be honest, I don't really like to fight other players since it's kinda stressful & I don't like losing and maybe you all think the same way, too. So I gave myself a break to cool down until I have an idea of what to post. I know I said I wanted to make something interesting to keep this RP going, but this battle was the only idea I had in mind, so I had no choice but to go with it.))

Edited by Red Dragonette

((IKWYM I don't like losing either. Can we just call it a draw?! Oh, and Kanii is just human. Aso, I've noticed I've been somewhat god-moding. I'm really sorry about that guys (and girls). I didn't mean for it to happen.))

Glace looked back and growled to herself as Django dodged her ice breath. Out of the corner of her eye, she saw a large fireball speeding toward her. Dropping Yuki into the snow, she met the attack head-on, and was hurled into a tree nearby. There was a loud snap. The hybrids body was leaning against the tree, not moving. The blizzard stopped, and the sun shone brightly upon the dragons.

((Still deciding whether I die or not. What can I say? I'm not a god, and I've gotta die some time. Face it, I've had way too many close calls. I also have writer's block again.))

Edited by DiaGlace48

After the hybrid went unconcious, the blizzard storm stopped and the Fangclan dragons were being warmed by the sun's hot rays. "Ah, it's good to feel the sun again," said the spitfire dragon. The red dragon smirked at his success of damaging the hybrid. He looked at her unmoving body that had been thrown against the tree and said to Django, "Alright kouhai, finish her off." The winged vampire hatchling obeyed the order and dashed towards the hybrid girl. Once he got to her, Django rapidly cut at her with his sharp black claws before he tried to sink his fangs into her neck while letting his black flame breath burn on her skin.

Edited by Red Dragonette

Luna let out a quiet breath. They were distracted...

While it jarred her to watch the other hybrid beaten... Luna closed her eyes against the sight as a vampire of the opposing group was ordered to finish the job. It was time to get away. Luna placed her knife between her teeth, kept low to the ground and made an attempt to crawl away on all fours.

Nite Bite was whimpering. Not aloud, of course, but Luna could hear the self-pitying complaints in her own mind. "Oh, shut up, will you? It's bad enough hearing the sounds of dying dragons and humans alike, but you don't need to make it worse!"

The spitfire dragon and the sunstone dragonet watched the vampire hybrid girl flee away as they were both unaware of the vampire hatchling in the bag and that they had unintentionally let it get away. "Hah, what a coward! I thought she was going to fight us, but she ran away with a tail between her legs instead!" sneered the sunstone. "Then that leaves us fewer nusiances in the kidnapping of the hatchlings. You go help Lash (NPC gray dragon) steal the ice hatchling, while I go after the winter one," said the spitfire. Then the two split up went after their targets. The sunstone dragonet stood next to the gray dragoness and growled at the girl, "Give us the hatchling or we'll kill you, human!" The gray smiled maliciously and said, "You heard her. You wouldn't want to get electrocuted by a thunderstorm now, would you?" The spitfire dragon ran up to the winter hatchling and tried to grab her by the scruff.

((Awww, looks like I'm gonna have to die now. I'm actually about to cry, I'm very serious.))

"Y-Yu...ki..." Glace was teary-eyed. "I knew I wouldn't stand a chance. None of us did... But promise me, you won't run from from your problems like I had all these years..."

"Glace!" Yuki cried, jumping back from the spitfire. "Glace, you'll make it! Don't give-"

The hybrid silently flinched as Django's fangs sank into her neck. "I knew a monster such as myself would ever find a place in this world. It just wasn't meant to be. Harold, Kanii, Luna, and all the others. It's a blessing to have met them..."

"Glace, no! You'll live!"

"Now run, Yuki...! Run, and never look back!"

"Glace!"

"Run! Don't come back for me! Just get out of here!"

"But-"

"GO!"

Crying, Yuki dashed away from Kanii and the FangClan dragons. As sudden as the recent events, wings sprouted from her back. Using them to her advantage, she flew away close to the ground. She was soon out of sight of the others.

"I'm sorry I couldn't be there for you..." Glace sniffed.

"...Yuki Otome AutumnRose..."

The hybrid fell over onto her side, and her wings and tail began to melt again. Her breathing stopped, and she fell silent.

After the hybrid died, Django released his fangs from the now dead girl's neck and backed away a bit to turn as the red dragon leader said to him, "Good job, Django! Now we can turn our attention to our other human foes and the hatchlings." The two saw the winter hatchling fleeing from the scene out of their sight and the red told Django, "After her, Django." The Fangclan dragonet obeyed and ran ahead to begin his pursuit of the winter hatchling. Since he had his white cloak on for protection against the sun, Django wouldn't be able to take flight after her. After two minutes later, Django was hiding in the dense undergrowth as he finally saw his prey in sight. But unfortunately, he arrived too late as the winter hatchling had become a dragonet when her wings had grown in. Fangclan only wanted eggs and young hatchlings to steal and kidnap, not teenage dragons or older. 'Looks like this mission's just failed. I'll have to let her go for now,' Django thought. Then without making a sound, the vampire dragonet went away and returned back to the other Fangclan dragons. The red dragon was disappointed in seeing the kouhai return without the hatchling and asked, "Kouhai, why haven't you brought back the winter?" Django explained, "The winter hatchling just sprouted wings by the time I got to her. So kidnapping her now will be pointless." The vampire venom used to turn others into their own kind only worked on egg and wingless hatchling, not any other age group. "What bad luck, I'd say. Very well, let's set our sights on the ice hatchling instead," said the red dragon. Then all Fangclan dragons surrounded the girl with the ice hatchling and made every step closer to her as they all tried to frighten her with bared teeth, threatening growls, hard & cold eyes, and flickers of embers coming out of their mouths.

(( Oi vey -.- *Pokes Dragonette* For the second time, Luna and Nite Bite are not vampires. Nite Bite is an alternate black, and Luna is... Well, I don't know, she's probably part black, but definitely not a vampire.))

Luna paused to look back once as she watched the other hybrid fall. "...." She turned away and continued on.

Nite Bite could not resist and she let out a rather loud, verbal growl of indignation. "WE. SHOULD. FIGHT!"

Luna froze. "Ah, curse you, you bothersome lizard!" She took off at a run, cloak flapping behind her. Nite Bite let out a little squeak as her human clutched the bag to her chest to protect it from the snapping branches and trees.

((NOOoOOOOOOOooooOOooOOooOoOOo GLACE!!!! DUN DIEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!))

Kani back away, still holding her prized hatchling in her arms. The little girl was frightened. There were dragons everywhere around her. With a whimper, she tried to dive between a dragon's legs and scrambled after Luna. "H-help me Luna!" She cried, tripping through the undergrowth, while holding her hatchling in her arms. Glace had just died. Yuki ran away. Kanii had never felt so alone in her life. "Glace...." She cried. "Glace come back!" She repeated the girl's name while she ran, as if Glace were with her. Kanii tripped over a root and sprawled on the ground, dropping her hatchling. Kanii looked around wildly. "I can't find him! " She wailed, looking around.

((Glace, maybe you could come back as a spirit or a ghost or something of that sort.))

((I used to hate killing or injuring any of my characters as well - time made me learn that plots are more interesting when someone dies and/or gets injured. xd.png

Especially since, in Roleplays, anything can happen - a friend of mine has a character that has died and come back to life... Ah, three times now? He's a great character, too. xd.png))

Luna halted for a brief moment. "Ah, to heck with this!" She snarled aloud, shoving her hood back and revealing her face (for the first time) so she could see more clearly. Her black and red dragon's ears flared a little and she turned, released the bag from the clutch she'd had it in so it just hung at her side again, and whisked back to the other two, whose names she was not aware of.

"Get up, you cursed excuse for a human!" Luna snarled, grabbing ahold of the girl and making an attempt to drag her onto her feet. "The hatchling will come to you!"

((Bleh, sorry for the late reply. And yes, I do intend on bringing Glace back in some way. Well, now I do anyway.))

Yuki halted and lowered to the ground. Her ears perked with Kanii's cries. She shook her head with a defiant look in her eyes.

"You told me not to run away from my problems." She said. "I'm not running from them. Not after what they did to you!" She took off in the opposite direction she had been heading.

Lurking in the forest where Yuki had retreated to was a man with dragon-like features. On the right of his body it looked as though her were half light dragon. Though on the left it looked like he was a shadowy demon. His ears pricked with the sound of rustling leaves (the left one was bent, though), and his two tails (left one bent once again) flicked with the small breeze. His facial features were unable to be made out, but through the gleaming sunlight shining through the trees made it possible to see blonde hair. He faintly smiled.

"May I perhaps borrow your power, just this once?" He asked no one. His eyes flashed violet, then changed to an ice blue color. His smile turned to a grin.

"I won't waste it."

He stretched his wings and glided up into the sky, unnoticeable to the other dragons. He snapped his clawed fingertips, and the sun shone at least twice as bright as it had before. Thunder sounded in the distance, and dark cloud formed overhead. However, they seemed to leave a single spot just for the solar light to shine through. Lightning crackled and struck the trees around the group. Heavy rain pelted the dragons below, followed by large balls of hail, sharp ice crystals, and a heavy flurry of snow. It was even worse than the blizzard that Glace had created. The odd thing though, was that it was all going on at the exact same time, nothing being affected by another element, despite its form.

((Joy, you have five minutes to guess that mysterious character! I will post his form after you guess, as it's unlikely I'll post again before you do. I'll give you a hint: he's NOT an OC! I'll also give him a different non-dialogue POV color later, once I decide what It's going to be (e.x. Glace's color is the normal blue).))

The human girl bravely, although she was scared, doved between the spitfire's legs in an attempt to escape. The spitfire tried to slam his underbody down on her to squash her flat, but the girl managed to escape. "Get her!" yelled the red dragon. The Fangclan dragons started chasing after her. As she ran, the girl tripped and dropped the ice hatchling she just lost. The Fangclan dragons turne their sights on the ice hatchling they had been pursuing and the gray dragoness cried triumphantly with joy, "Look! We got him!" The red dragon said, "Alright, let's take this one and--" Suddenly, the sun started shining brightly than ever, blinding all of the Fangclan dragons, except for the sunstone dragonet whose vision is easily adjusted to anything bright. Django clutched his white cloak more tightly onto to him and bend his head down towards the ground to keep the sunlight away from his face. "Now what!" yelled the annoyed spitfire. Then dark clouds appeared in the sky and blocked most of the sunlight except for that one space of light beaming down on Django. The red dragon strucked his wing out to Django to provide some shade as he told him, "Kouhai, come over here." Without looking up to see him, Django went over to the shade under the red's wing and stood in it. Then lightning struck the trees around them, startling the Fangclan group, except for Django who just remained calm. After that, a flurry of heavy rains & snow, ice shards, and hail balls struck them. The dragons felt their scales getting cold and the shards leaving cuts on their bodies. "Don't worry guys, I'm a storm dragon. I can make a bad weather like this go away!" the gray dragoness said. With that, she used her breed's ability to magically make the horrible storm disappear by raising her paws to the sky to command the clouds and then moving each paw to the opposite sides to make the clouds part ways. Once the storm disappeared, the bright sunlight returned. The sunstone dragonet, who had been watching the sky clearing, spotted another hybrid in the sky. "Guys, we have a new company here!" he said. "Who is it? We all can't look up in the sky with a sun that bright," said the red dragon. "It's another one of those darn dragon-human hybrids!" said the sunstone. "Bleh, hybrids! What dragon in their right mind would mate with a human and produce one of those freaks?!" spat the gray dragoness. "I bet he's the one who made that whacked-out storm and the sun brighter," growled the spitfire. "Tomrat (the sunstone) and Lash, you'll both fight and distract the hybrid. The rest of us will take the hatchling and go!" said the red dragon before he took the ice hatchling into his mouth and ran off with Django and the spitfire dragon back to Fangclan territory. The gray dragoness created her own dark clouds to make a thunderstorm in the sky. The sunstone dragonet growled at the hybrid, "Let's go, freako!" The sunstone flew up into the air at the hybrid and tried to swipe his claws at him.

((Okay, I lied. Again. And though I really hate to do this, but sadly, I'm getting a bit tired of all this fighting.))

The man smirked when he saw his storm disappear. "What excellent power." He remarked. Swiftly dodging the blows from the Sunstone, he thrust his spiked tails into the other dragon's body when he got close. With a quick breath, a jet of pitch-black "flames" blocked the Red dragon's path. The shadow fire sent the area up in flames, and created a sort of inescapable cage. He and the Sunstone were the only ones outside of it, and one couldn't simply fly out of there. Black vine-like tendrils emerged from the thick walls and restrained the enemy dragons.

Yuki, having made it to the FangClan dragons before she was locked away from them, leaped up onto the Red dragon and gnawed on his neck. She knew it wouldn't do much, but she figured she could try anyway. She poked the larger dragon in the eye with her newly-grown wings, and snatched the ice hatchling away from him. She shot a beam of ice into the Red's throat and on his muzzle while staying on one side of his face (just in case he decided to burn her), blocking off his air supply. She hoped it would stall him for a little while. She was fully aware that he could easily use his fire to melt the ice.

But maybe, the flames will be blocked for a time. Then, he'll just end up burning the rest of his throat. Yuki concluded. Glace has done it before, so why can't I? She wasn't a full-fledged dragon, was she? Not completely anyway. She was close, though. I can tell. Maybe just a few more minutes...

Just a few more minutes...

Maybe then she wouldn't have died.

((As for my theory of the flame-blocking ice, it's based on when I once went to an ice show. There was a dragon on the ice, and real flames actually came out of its mouth. Oddly enough, it only blackened part of the ice, rather than melting it. When Yuki froze the inside of the Red Dragon's throat and on his nose, she had created a "wall" of ice about and inch thick. It would take awhile for him to melt it through with his flames, especially without burning himself.))