UchihaAce

Through Tooth and Claw...

((Well they sort of have paws, claws and talons all at once. Plawlons!!!!! xd.png ))

Harold Stonesworthy

"Oh you didn't need to translate, I have become accustomed to Telepathic communication with humans. That's just how I ask for names." Harold said to Glace before turning to the excitable Kanii to attend to the barrage of statements and questions telepathically with her. "She is indeed pretty, and you too have a mighty roar. Well for a human but we can't ask for more than your best. O large one, heh heh. The people I meet these days. First a youngling calls me ancient and now a human calls me large. Do I really look that imposing?" He said apparently checking the length of his wingspan and his height. "Well at least I'm not fat." He said telepathically to Kanii with a hint of humour. He then turned his attention to the Hatchling to answer the little one's question. "We are inside Rain clan territory. This is my home, and you are all welcome to stay. I will protect you from hamr while you are here either as members or guests." He made sure to pass that statement on to Kanii telepathically.

((yay! clawlons! Not using color now. took me forever))

The hatchling sent a message to Stoneworthy.

Are rainclan good dragons?

Kanii looked around.

"I don't see any dragons now. Are there lots of them?"

The hatchie ran around trying to find another being.

((In case you were wondering, I only reply this late because that's just when I get off from school. And yes, plawlons!))

Glace laughed at Stonesworthy's statement, then recomposed herself and looked to the sky. There was a slight breeze.

"Perhaps you are right." She said to Kanii. "Maybe the humans around the Demon's River, as they've come to call it now, are more prone to the cold than others."

"Hm?" The Winter hatchling hummed.

Glace closed her eyes and lowered her head. "Perhaps their hearts froze from the ice around the river and ledge. They were always cruel to anyone they saw fit."

"Perhaps." Her dragon repeated. The hatchling did not have fluent speech, but she was slowly picking up human speech from her companion.

((Sorry about disappearing, I ended up with a pretty bad leg injury that kept me off my feet and away from the computer.))

Although they couldn’t see the lake, seeing the area where the trees parted was a good sign and potentially meant that they were getting closer. The flight for the most part had been silent, but it wasn’t without reason each party didn’t completely trust the other. At the very least Ryoka believed that Breeze and Lin had been left in good hands with Scrap.

Do you really think we can trust him?

If it’s a trap, we should be able to fight our way out of it. Don’t forget that we do have experience on our side.

((Awwwwwwz that sucks taly. Glad your back though! Glace, do you go to a colledge? I'm on spring break right now!))

"Demon River? WHy is it called that? Are there demons in it?" Kanii asked.

She walked over to the river's edge. She could see shadowy things swirling around. Her ice hatchie came over and sat on her foot. He shivered dispite the fact he was supposed to be and ice dragon. Both of them felt odd. They both stood looking at the swirling river.

Think swirly black demons?

Kanii looked at the shadows. Leaning down she tried to scoop one up. It melted and trickled out of her hand.

"No. They couldn't be. See it's just water." To prove her point. She scooped up some more "demons" and let them drip out of her hand.

"And if they are demons..." Kanii stood up and defiantly planted her small fists on her hips, "Then we will Nom them all gone!"

She looked at Glace for her approval.

"Right? We can all Nom them down to protect the dragons?"

She turned to Stoneworthy.

"I don't think demons make you fat if you eat them." Kanii said sincerely. The ice hatchling bowed in agreement. Them went to nuzzle the winter dragon.

((I'm not sure if that's a good idea, but I know nomming on cookies is good! I was actually talking about a river that's about a mile or so away from this area, so I'm not sure if that particular one in which you mentioned had like some shadowy thingies in it. Oh, and to be honest, I don't go to college. I'm still in grade school, so I'm not old enough. Bet you didn't expect that, eh?))

Glace turned to Kanii and smiled, though her Winter Hatchling saw the bitterness in it.

"No, I don't think so. And it's not that river. It's about a mile or so away. The other humans call it the Demon River because of, well, I'll let you figure that out." She chuckled half-heartedly. "That's also another reason why most people don't stay long when I'm around."

"I'll stay." The hatchling said.

Glace smiled, this time sincerely. It was funny how a little one as young as so could learn as quickly.

((Mee tooooooooo!! I'm just at home cuz I has not school this week! Should we move the charecters down to the river? Maybe something exciting will happen?))

"Me too! Me too!" Kanii shouted out along with Glace's hatchling. Her hatchling also joined in. "Let's stay together furever and furever."

Looking around, the ice hatchling wondered aloud. "I wonder what Demon River looks like. Should we go visit it?"

Kanii was glad that her hatchling had developed its speech quickly. She was also beginning to grasp the dragon language.

"Yes. I'm curious too. Why don't we visit it and see. Sounds like we could have an adventure there!"

She turned towards Glace and Stoneworthy. "Have you been there before?"

Glace laughed.

"Okay then. Forever, if that is what you wish. And yes, I have been there before. I mean, that is where I "live", after all." She thought for a moment. "But as for whether we go there or not, that is up to Stonesworthy. He was taking me to his Clan's camp. Perhaps we could go in the morning?" ((Okay seriously what time of day is it in this game? It's getting dark where I am, so confirm the time and I'll edit my post if needed.))

((Well, we had Rainbow Joy (I'm gonna call her R.J. assuming she doesn't mind) join the RP recently, and me, R.J., and En'K'Haral are inside RainClan territory. My egg hatched and I'll have to change its status in a minute, and Kanii (R.J.) also now has a hatchling. Not sure what Taly's up to, so that's really as far into things as it gets. I've no idea where you are, so I hope you get caught up.))

((RJ's fine but Id rather be Joy. I have no clue what time it's supposed to be but welcome back rainpelt! I'm gonna post like its dark out.))

"So are you going to join rainclan? It might be fun to go. As long as we aren't taken hostage. It is getting dark so maybe we should camp out here."

Kanii and her hatchling yawned precisely at the same time. "I am getting pretty tired here."

Her stomach growled. Then the hatchling's stomach growled as well.

Come on Kanii the ice dragon laughed. I'm hungry and I'm sure everyone else is too. Lets find some food.

"Let's hunt for berries and vegetation." Kanii suggested. "I'm sure you'll learn how to hunt but I'm starving. Glace, can you cook? It would be awesome if we had some stew or something. Lets go! Onward to thy berry bush garden!"

Kanii raced away with the hatchling on her head.

Glace thought for a moment.

"I know this must sound ridiculous, but I can in fact burn things with ice. Yes, I do believe I can cook the food that you find. IceFire is great for that sort of thing. Though it does a horrible job of melting ice. The reason it gets hot if because it's so cold. How ironic."

"How ironic." The Winter Hatchling reiterated. She turned to Glace. "I wanna go with Kanii!"

"That's up to Kanii." The hybrid laughed.

"Can I go Kanii? Can I go?"

((Gahhhhhhh. My computers being stupid again. *glares at screen*))

Yeah yeah! can Glace's hatchie come too?

"Yup!" Kanii exclaimed happy that the hatchie wanted to come with them. "Lets go find lot of yummy stuff to eat! We must feed the magical icefire wizard Glace!."

They ran off towards a patch of bushes with colorful berries on them singing:

"We're off to feed the wizard, the wonderful wizard of Ice! We're off to feed the wizard, the wizard that cooks stuff with ICE!!

Glace Hydro

Glace sighed at the wizard comment. She wondered if there were such thing as female wizards. Probably. She shrugged and quickly got a fire started. If she was to make their chant true, she might as well do it now.

Finding a slightly oval-shaped stone, Glace used her tail to carve a pan out of it. Not bothering to add any details, she dipped the pan into the nearby river. The black entities swam into the stone carving the best the could, but were slowly pushed back into the river by the water's force.

How intriguing. Glace thought. She found another rock and carved it into a pot. She repeated the process, and when the shadows swam into it, they didn't leave since the lower rock shielded them from the current. She tilted the pot and the entities swam out. Then, she cased each iten in a thin, hard layer of ice. It wasn't slippery, so she'd have no trouble cooking with it. Glace pushed the remaining rubble around the 'fire' so it wouldn't spread, as it could in fact burn or freeze things, and it was random as to which one. Though it ususally depended on the temperature outside. And tonight it was pleasantly warm.

Winter Hatchling (Doesn't have a name yet)

The youngling danced wih joy as she followed Kanii and her icicle hatchling around. She had never dreamed of seeing as much color as she did at this moment! A butterfly landed on her nose. It was a beautiful blue insect. She shook her head rapidly and it flew away. Oh, the marvelous adventures she and the other would have! Still dancing, the Winter Hatchling went after the duo in front of her.

"Wait for me!" She laughed.

Kanii laughed as the winter hatchling shook a butterfly off her nose.

"Guess your spring cousins have come to visit you!"

Looks like there are some berry bushes over there. By the big rock. The ice hatchie let them towards a boulder with berries bushes thick on the ground around it. Kanii grabbed a bunch of sweet smelling leaves and sewed them together as best as she could with long grass to create some sort of pouch like thing. Then they all gathered berries and anything else that looked edible in a frenzy. When the pile grew too big. They stopped and sewed another group of leaves onto it.

"Isn't this fun?" Kanii asked the hatchlings. She turned towards them. But they weren't there. "Hey guys come out! Where are you?"

Just then they both came up dragging a big jackrabbit.

Looki looki! Looki what we caught!

Kanii was shocked. they were both so young and they hadn't been taught. It must have been some kind of dragon sense.

She praised both of them and they headed back towards Glace. She had made several pots and pans of of rocks. Kanii would ask her later how she did it.

"Looki Glace! Looki what they caught! Isn't it big?" Kanii called showing her the juicy jackrabbit.

((edit: lulzys I'm in your siggy!))

Edited by Rainbow_Joy

((Yes, yes you are. Oh! First post on page 58!))

Glace Hydro

Glace grinned."I was never accustomed to eating meat, but it doesn't matter at the moment. Wonderful job you two!"

The hatchlings are growing up oh so fast. She thought.

"Oh, Kanii. Those black things in the river over there. I want one. I'm going to try and get one in the morning."

Winter Hatchling

The Winter Hatchling danced with the Icicle one, honored by the praise."So much fun! So much fun!" She exclaimed.

Edited by DiaGlace48

((Nyerrrrrg. I am on the basement computer and its so slow. My mom wont let me use the laptop.))

Kanii blinked.

"The shadowy things that look like demons? They do look intersting. But, why would you want one? How can you catch a shadow?"

The iceicle hatchling was swiping at the shadows. They pooled in his plawlon and dripped out through his claws.

Can't get them!

((It is raining for the seventh time this week, no kidding.))

Glace Hydro

"Meh. Why wait?"

Very carefully, Glace used the abilities of her Dragon side to create a sturdy ball of ice about the size of a pineapple (Yeah, a spherical pineapple ;D). Part of it had a hole in it. She dipped the ball into the water and watched as an 'entity' swam into it. Glace raised the ice ball out of the water and closed the hole with more ice. The black shadow darted around inside the sphere frantically, but soon calmed down and became satisfied with its new home.

Winter Hatchling

The hatchling leaned in to get a closer look at the creature. What she saw astounded her.

"Is it... a fish?" She asked.

"I believe it is the spirit of a fish." Glace replied. "Or, that's what I think anyway.

"I think every shadow in this river is the spirit of a fish that died in some crude or undeserved way. If you look closely, you can see fish features. There are also white entities in the water as well. Those spirits probably passed away from old age or from being out of the stream for too long."

"Wow." The Winter Hatchling sighed. Her master was so amazing!

((thst would be... once a day. and YESSSSSSS I can Rp))

Kanii was astounded by what Glace had done. Her icey globe had trapped a shadow. It was a fish spirit that had died a bad way.

"But, I don't see any fish in the river, live ones I mean." She glanced at her ice hatchling. He was concentrating hard on his plawlons.

Suddenly he had a ice globe like Glace's in his plawlons. It was smaller, but he would grow so the ice globe would grow. Kanii smiled but the hatchling staggarded towards the river. It had been exhausted by it's effort.

I wanna catch.. a.. catch a white one.

Stubling over to the river, he froze a path to the middle and dipped his ice globe in. Then he lifted it up in triumph. There was something glittering inside. It was white, but it didn't look like the spirit Glace had caught.

Glace, Glace!! Whats this?

((Uhhhh elaborate on what the white shiny thing looks like and I can give you a clearer answer. I'm waiting for the pizza guy right now. My bro's asleep on the couch, so I have to wait instead of him.))

Glace merely stared at the shiny thing inside the ice globe in the hatchling's plawlons. Due to the glare of her fire (BTW we really need to acknowledge that the thing's even there, or we'll never eat), she was unable to tell just what the creature was.

Username: 1stDarkvoltar

Name: Dark of the Sunset. Call me Dark or Sunset. o usually go by sunset.

Species: Sunset Dragon

Clan: What ever one will take me in.

Description: Blue on top, bright red on bottom. Loves it in the evning.

Personality: Shy, quiet, but loves to play

Brief History: Was found my Dark Voltar and has bee cared for scince.

Name: Dark Voltar

Dragon: Dark of the Sunset/unknown/Sunset Dragon/Hatchling.

Description: Black Purple hair, brown eyes, sorta short.

Personality: sweet, kind, and loves to hung animals

Brief History: DONT ASK!

((D.V. Your second post, is that really what you want your tamer name to be? Oh, and if you could perhaps start around where me and Joy are, that would be great. Glad to have a new RPer on board!))

((okay. Sorry. I just had dinner. We had a roast duck and we rolled it up with green onion and cucumber slices in a spring roll thing. It twas my daddy's bday! Okay back on topic. Dark, I'll pretend you're around Glace and me))

The little thing was swimming around the globe and it looked like some sort of shiney spark that glowed white. It light up the ice it was encased in.

"Hmm. Lets leave it there for now. I'm really hungrey and I'm sure our great hunters are too."

Kanii unwrapped the leaf bundle and dozens of odd berries came out. SHe reached for one that looked like a raspberry and fed it to her iceicle hatchling. He looked suprised when he bit into it.

Sweet..... It's sweet.

Kanii laughed and ate one herself. They were uncannily sweet. She liked them.

"Come on Glace! Bon Appetite!"

(Did we ever cook the rabbit? I'll edit a previous post to make myself cook it, to avoid any confusion. I just finished dinner too. We had pizza xd.png Duh. Kinda sad that we iz gonna 'eat' a rabbit on Easter D: Happy b-day to your dad. Oh, and En'K'Haral along with D.V., join us whenever you feel like it. We haz cooked rabbit.)

"Perhaps it's a more elderly spirit." Glace reasoned. "It is possible the river eroded whatever life force it had held on to."

Glace grabbed a large, clean leaf and set the cooked rabbit on top of it. She then walked over to where the hatchlings and Kanii were eating. The hybrid glanced at her food options, which were, surprisingly, very varied. She spotted one that was a bright yellow color. Intrigued by it (If that's even possible), she grabbed it with her claws and popped it into her mouth. When she swallowed, Glace lowered her head and grinned. It as an odd grin, not seeming to be real yet it wasn't fake at the same time. The Winter Hatchling tilted her head so as to ask what was wrong.

"My my," Glace chuckled, "Sour. Veeeeeery sour."

"Here." The hatchling held up the raspberry-looking fruit. Taking it from the youngling, Glace ate it and seemed to calm herself.

"Thanks." She sighed. Turning her head in another direction, she called out.

"Stonesworthy, you can come over here whenever you like. There should be plenty for us, if not I can find something else."