Roon

Roon's Art Thread! Remember me? 8D

there is a lot that is bothering me about it x__x wings included. Head, chest area, it's hind leg. Tail and arms are the only good things. I don't think I'll be coloring this, I just don't like it.

Ooh, nice. Interesting pose and all. The wings look a bit awkward at the moment - maybe try them more tucked in, as if the dragon was simply at rest? Otherwise, it looks great.

Tut would be good if it weren't for my inability to use a tablet well ;_;

I tried the wings in multiple variations and I can't get it right. I dont think I will be coloring this.

You could do two of them colliding like this? :B

Looks pretty good, but I do see the awkward-ness. Still way better than I could do. <3

nice idea, SPS. roon, it is a very good drawing, but if it dissatifies you then you know we can wait. so no rush. and i think it's only the wings, but you have more experience than me.

Lol, yeah, that was really a joke. I tried looking up cute or random poses for you, but got distracted after I saw that. :P

If I might offer a humble suggestion on the Terrae's sketch.....I think the reason you dislike it so much is because the wing on the left side of the picture isn't foreshortened properly. Or, if you weren't aiming for foreshortening at all, that is what the issue is. It looks smaller than the wing on the right side of the page, and more scrunched up (i.e.: painful...) than it should be.

Edit: because I saw something else....his butt is too far to the right. Granted, my art skills are nowhere near yours for dragon anatomy, but maybe my suggestion might help you to like this awesome sketch more? 8D

Other than the wing, I loooooouuuurrrrvvvee his expression and the way he's looking straight at the viewer. Lovely pose, doesn't look boring at all!

Derp, I'm a dummy. Just noticed the post above mine. xd.png

Edit again: I love that Photoshop tutorial!!! My favorite DA artists are Inma and Kaoru-chan, but bluefeathers is pretty awesome too. =)

Edited by aynessa

XD thanks anyways Aynessa :P

I have a few posters from Bluefeathers up on my wall. She's one of my sister's favorite artists. I met her at Anime North, she's incredibly sweet and so cute x3

My fav artist is Drak and Budgie, in that order. I've never gotten the opportunity to meet Drak, but Budgie was at AN last year and each time I went by her table, it was so busy I barely got to say a few words to her. :<

The sketch on the prev page is free now for anyone who wants to do whatever with it :3

I'm going out for dinner! byebye

Uwaaaaaa~ so lucky. :< Canada seems to have so many awesome anime conventions. Down here in GA, we have like....2. And only one of them is really worth going to, the other one is kinda 'ehh'.

There's a really awesome artist who goes to the Artist Alley at AWA every year. I always spend all my money there, lol....her stuff is so beautiful. Unfortunately, she doesn't post her art online, so I can't share. But I bought a bunch of her posters, lol. Oh! Oh! But there's one more person who shows up at the Alley that does amaaaaazing work. My fiancee adores this guy's art.

:o that's pretty epic

AN, as of this year, is now considered among the four global anime conventions, or something like that :B It's pretty epic.

I'll be going to FanExpo in two weeks. I'll tell you guys how that goes :3

ohmy.gif that's pretty epic

AN, as of this year, is now considered among the four global anime conventions, or something like that :B It's pretty epic.

I'll be going to FanExpo in two weeks. I'll tell you guys how that goes :3

I can't leave state just yet. :c

So...I'll be going to Louisianime next month! xd.png

The big cons are always away from my home, so you should be lucky! xd.png

I don't even have a permanent license yet.

Terrae Dragon for RheaZen complete!

user posted image

Forum Sig Size:

user posted image

I spent quite a lot of time on this one. It's commission-quality, cause Rhea is special :3 Don't think I'll be doing this for the rest of you D:<

Unless you pay me :P in which case, you can expect about the same amount of work to go into it.

CLOSING FOR A FEW DAYS

This one took a while and I want to take a break for a bit to draw my own things. Commissions will still be open, requests are not.

Edited by Roon

Awwww.... poop tongue.gif And here I was all excited because Roon had posted and someone else hadn't. Very sad D:

I'm special to you, Roon? <3

It is beyond lovely. I should read a dictionary so that I'd be able to express me level of "wow" and "omgsoawesome" to you eloquently.

*Hugs squishy adorable dragon*

*Hugs Roon*

Thank you sooooo much! You have my undying love and gratitude.

Added it to my RotaSig roster ^^

Edited by RheaZen