Roon

Roon's Art Thread! Remember me? 8D

So, available Roon? -Pokes request-

She stills has it up as requests are close so no, she is not taking any right naw...

xd.png

No prob. and just call me Be.

So many people are anxious for ur work ^^;;

Its only been like few days.

and ur not a machine.. O.o

Meh. I found it and I can do much better now so I don't think I'll be coloring it, I might see about making a new version though.

Here's a pic of it -

user posted image

Ooh, love the OC drawing. Is it the same character as in the one of the Mask Demon pictures? c:

They're two of his adopted kids, so they wear the same mask (but only when they're fighting or when they want others to know they're affiliated with their father). And thanks <3

Edited by Roon

Actually, I meant more the girl with the crown a page (?) back, your main OC. XD

But nice to know about the other picture, too.

Girl with the crown (her name's kennymon) had Mask Demon for a father at some point too, so those two are her brother and sister :P

LOL. The "What The-" pic is hilarious! <3

Uwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, your OC is AWESOME. The style of it kinda reminds me of messa's art. biggrin.gif

Glad my research could help you out! ^^

I did not click, for seeing art of awesome makes me sadface that I'll never be able to do such...

I did not click, for seeing art of awesome makes me sadface that I'll never be able to do such...

Eh... I don't like looking at very good art during artblocks because it intimidates me and just prolongs the period of my inartistic misery. ;__;

Right now, however, there's no artblock. :3

/huggles Kennymon

Edited by lightbird

lightbird, how do you get art block? o.o

from what ive seen, you draw whatever you feel like lol

I get artblock from study stress and trying to draw things that I don't know how to draw yet. That is, like, a lot of things. I've hardly been drawing this summer (my Bachelor thesis was... bad. Bad enough to get a small identity crisis on me) up until the middle of August when I took the Sunsong request. That felt like rising from the ashes.

Edit: /stares at local time

Must sleep now. D:

Edited by lightbird

Thanks <3

@ Drak thing - Look at his tutorials, they're super helpful! :3

@ lightbird - she sends a hug back 8D

Edited by Roon

Okay guys, I have an important announcement to make, so please read carefully!

As you all may already know, Pakistan was recently hit with a bad flood triggered by the monsoon season. The death toll is already well into the thousands, more than 4 million people have been left homeless, and the conditions there are ripe for disease and infection. Crops have been destroyed and clean water is hard to come by. And help isn't getting to them fast enough.

The fact is, help is barely even trickling in. Where Hatii received over 2.8 BILLION dollars in donations, Pakistan's much worse crisis has received only 741 million over the three weeks this has been going on.

Why?

"Dr Marie Lall says: "This was not one cataclysmic event, but one which grew over three weeks. The fact that 25% of the country was or is under water is not understood. The low numbers of dead, relatively speaking, mask the disaster on the ground. The crisis has destroyed crops, dead livestock and damaged homes and infrastructure. Food prices are through the roof and there won't be a normal harvest. It will get worse."" - BBC News

Read Please

I have given what I can but I can only do so much. I urge you all to please donate whatever you are able towards Pakistan relief. Please try to do so through these two charities:

The Red Cross Canada

The Red Cross America

Doctors Without Borders Canada

Doctors Without Borders America

I have researched both and both are very good at making sure your donation money goes into actually helping someone, and not just all going to administration costs. I trust these two charities with my donations.

Please try to donate SPECIFICALLY to Pakistan Relief.

Why? Because racism is running high where Pakistan is concerned, thanks to the media's portrayal that they are affiliated with Al Queda and the Taliban. You would not believe the horrible racist comments I sifted through when reading online news articles about this, some people are actually celebrating this event. There are normal human beings dying and starving in Pakistan right now, people who have never terrorized anyone and people who certainly do not deserve to have aid turned down to them because they live where they live.

People are hesitant to donate to an area that they hear bad things about on the news, forgetting that there are normal families over there that have been devastated by this disaster. This is another reason why aid has been slow to come to the area, and why I urge you to specify your donation to Pakistan, so that you can do your part to balance out the racism.

What I can offer you in return

If you donate 10$ or more to Pakistan relief from either of the charities I have listed, and send me a copy of your receipt or a screenshot of your donation to my PM box or my email, I will draw you a DC chibi dragon of your choice. So please, go poke your parents into donating what they can or pull something out of your own wallet and give to those who need it most right now. Depending on how much you donate is the amount of time or effort that I'll put into the chibi dragon.

Thank you for your time, and please try to do what you can.

Edited by Roon