Roon

Roon's Art Thread! Remember me? 8D

I dunno about my parents. I haven't seen them donating >.> And because I'm not really old enough for banking/credit cards and all that, I can't.

I actually DO want to donate, but badgering my parents about it might get me nowhere... >.>

*shrug* But I like how you're trying to get us to donate. I would if I could. .____.

D:

I will try. But the parent most likely to donate lives too far away to get a receipt from him. I'll still try.

Thanks for putting this out there. I'm going to donate to Doctors Without Borders, once I find out how to direct it to Pakistan.

Figured it out and done over the phone because I am impatient and have no idea when they would have answered my e-mail.

Bah at terrible lack of eloquence. Admirable spirit. That works.

Edited by Princess Artemis

Thanks so much guys! Any type of proof of payment will work, take a pic of the receipt or ask your parent to just email the receipt to you so you can screenshot it (hit the "prnt scrn" button on the top right of your keyboard and paste in paint).

Doing it by the phone should still give you a receipt either mailed to your address or to your email, so when that comes in just somehow pm it to me.

And really, thanks!

user posted image

Edited by Roon

I sent a few buck on to The Red Cross this morning. I don't want or expect art in return Roon, I just wanted you to know I was helping. wink.gif

Pester your mom to donate. I understand some of you are too young to be able to do this, so let your parents know that they have a responsibility to those are much less fortunate.

Pester your mom to donate. I understand some of you are too young to be able to do this, so let your parents know that they have a responsibility to those are much less fortunate.

This.

There's always time to help out people who need it. And you don't have to make an enormous donation, every little bit helps.

My mom is all over helping others, but she doesn't like the idea of donating online...

idk. Considering she's 73, she thinks everything that involves money over the air waves is a scam o.o

@ Sapphire - you're very kind <3

@ Dead girl - exactly :3 And you dont even have to donate 10$ if you don't have that, the minimum for DWB is 5$ - this is cheap change in US or Canada, but it can make a difference in Pakistan.

@ Purple - then find out a local organization near you that'll accept cash donations and donate there.

Edited by Roon

Yes. There's Red Cross offices EVERYWHERE. They're the guys who collect blood, remember? So all you need to do is look up a local branch and go talk to them in person.

I talked to my parents and they said they wouldn't because Pakistan harbors USA-Bombing Terrorists -__-.

Screw Bin Ladin. I WANNA HELP INNOCENT!

Your parents are prejudiced dimwits who have been successfully brainwashed by a corrupt media. :)

And just a side note, Bin Ladin and Al Queda is largely Afghanistan based. Not Pakistan.

D: Racist idiots enrage me so much. D:

It's like the 700 guy saying Haiti brought its misfortunes upon itself by selling their souls to the devil all over again. =\

I shall see what I can do about donating, but I'll feel bad if I ask for a dragon from you afterwords. x3

D: Racist idiots enrage me so much. D:

It's like the 700 guy saying Haiti brought its misfortunes upon itself by selling their souls to the devil all over again. =\

I shall see what I can do about donating, but I'll feel bad if I ask for a dragon from you afterwords. x3

I punched a guy in the face for a racist comment in high school :B I am very proud of this moment.

And don't feel bad :3 If it gets people to donate I'd be happy to do what I can.

GOOO ROON!! Take out those Racist B-witches!!! xd.png

Seriously, not donating is wrong. And what happened there is just plain terrible. I feel sooo bad. I had no idea this had happened until today. I'm going to ask my parents to donate. Oh and I'll put money in too. :B I promise.

I hesitate to donate because my parents receive my billing statements each month. The joys of living at college nine months out of the year; my college PO box is not mine the other 3 months, so I can't have monthly billing statements sent there. I've no idea what their stance on the issue is, though it seems to be that donating to general relief programs and hoping the money goes to where it is needed most is better than contributing towards one specific area. Not certain why that is, though. But I find myself very wary because I don't want the billing statement to SAY "Pakistan Relief Effort" on it, if it is going to make them angry.

Edited by Layn