Vic

Labyrinth

At first glance, I thought it was a coffin.

At first glance, I thought it was a coffin.

O.o

I'm getting excited. Only one month and four days. biggrin.gif

Lol. I'm picturing you with a calendar X-ing off the days with a red marker.

Or is there a special Labyrinth Advent Calendar? Every day you move closer to the castle.

Lol. I'm picturing you with a calendar X-ing off the days with a red marker.

Or is there a special Labyrinth Advent Calendar? Every day you move closer to the castle.

I don't know if there is one of those, but if there is, I want it.

Probably just a normal wall calendar.

user posted image

I just like the look on Jareth's face. He seems so happy at the thought of causing Burton pain.

If Burton ever did remake Labyrinth, Johnny Depp would be Jareth. As much as I love Depp, he can't sing. He would make a rubbish Goblin King.

And Helena Bohnam Carter as Sarah. Burton's been abusing those two. They've been in almost every one of his movies since Corpse Bride.

user posted image

No no no no no.

Helena is too old to play a fifteen/sixteen year old girl.

Though Tim would let her audition for it anyway.

Well, Tim Burton and Helena Bonham Carter, while not married, are romantically involved and have two children. Johnny Depp is a close friend of Burton's and is his son's godfather... so it's sort of natural to have them pop up in a lot of his movies.

That aside, I would be pissed if Tim Burton wanted to take Labyrinth on... even though I like his movies.

I love Labyrinth the way it is. I don't want it to change D:

Besides, I have a feeling Tim might make use of more from the original (pervy) script, just because it's darker.

Maybe not pervy but he probably would make it darker. Burton likes horror/gothy stuff but I don't think he'd go that far. He'd most likely replace all the muppets with freakish CGI versions.

Most likely. And it'd probably be one of the loved heart-warming characters like Hoggle or that giant Sasquatch thing.

I've only watched it for David Bowie, to be honest. I don't usually do stuff like this, just as I don't listen to a band just because the lead singer is cute. I didn't actually like it. It's good for children, I suppose, but I was a bit unimpressed.

Tiki said she liked it. Anca said she didn't. How can you agree with both??

I think, mayhaps, it's just before Anca's time.

Why are we even talking about Burton remaking Labyrinth? Has he mentioned wanting to take it on or something? xd.png

There are a lot of websites saying Tim has shown an interest in re-doing Labyrinth, but I am unable to find anything from the man himself. Maybe I'm using the wrong search words or something.