Dark Moon

The Darkness Reign:The Next Generation

Teiyos decided to be playful and reacted similarly and stood on her hind legs with a look of mock shock and horror on her face.

"Bwah! Crazy person stay back!"

She said half-laughing. It took her a moment to regain her composure and talk to Durion.

"Nice to meet you Durion I am-

"Oi! Teiyos where the heck did you go!? Teiyooooos!!!!"

Goliath stumbled out onto the path and put his hands on his hips as he glared up at the green dragon.

"What on earth are you doing here!? You know it's your turn to keep watch."

Teiyos ignored the angry Goliath at first and continued to speak to Durion.

"as you have likely guessed I am Teiyos and the pouting one is my companion Goliath. Now Goliath your not about to tell me off when clearly you have left our camp unattended."

She said having a momentary stare down with the mage who finally blanched.

"...No."

"Well then perhaps you should fix that."

Goliath grumbled as he went back to the camp to start packing everything up.

"He gets to break camp since I have to carry everything. if you wait a moment we would be honored if you would let us join you."

It wasn't long before Goliath started hauling their belongings to Teiyos and she began to strap them on. They consisted of a couple sleeping mats a fly and some small cooking materials.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Martin and the others had cut off a family of travelers. The travelers looked like they were hungry enough to agree to anything and they did just that. Martin had proposed that in exchange for their children the travelers would be provided with a substantial amount of food. All they needed to do was go back with the group to the citadel. The family of four mounted the horses and they made their way back to Martin's base which wasn't far, it had been a stroke of good luck that they found those travelers on the way. The parents had been convinced that the children would be kept safe and raised in a caring environment which was what he intended to do, what they didn't know was that he also intended to use them as tools for his conquest of the country. A growth enhancement spell would be used on the kids to keep them at the same pace as the dragons when they went through their growth spurt, it would wear off at maturity.

Durion looked at Teiyos and nodded. "Of course, I'll-"

"WHAT!?" Zane exclaimed, interrupting Durion. "Are you kidding me, Red Eyes!?" he said. Sophia sighed, and looked at the hot-blooded Zane. "If you don't shut up, I will... I will..." she said.

"Will what? Put me in a cage full of kittens?" Zane replied mockfully, and laughed. Sophia lowered her head, hiding her eyes, and simply grinned. "...I will take you for some happy funtime with NEEDLES." she threatened, and could see what was going to come next. "N-Needles!?" Zane exclaimed, now in fear. He rushed to Sophia, kneeled down to her and began to 'worship' her. "I-I'm sorry, O' Mighty Diva! I promise I won't do this! Please, forgive me! Please please please! Heh...heheh?"

Sophia looked at Zane, sighed then looked at Teiyos and Goliath. "I'm really, really sorry about this pathetic creature. I'm Sophia." she introduced herself. Then she looked at Zane. "Get up and introduce yourself." she said. Zane got up. "Huh?" he then said, "Well... I'm Zane."

"Good boy." Sophia said.

Teiyos finished with the last of their belongings and thenh spoke to the group and pointing to each one in turn.

"Right then so Scary Sophia, Crazy Zaney, and Durion. Got it. Would it be alright if we joined you?"

"Traveling in groups is safer after all."

Goliath added sifting through the pack and pulling out another book. It was practically a reflex for him to pack everything up and then go through it looking for a book, any book. He hadn't even realized he was doing it until after he aquired a novel he was reading. He then promptly climbed onto Teiyos's back which would undoubtedly seem strange to the others.

-------------------------------------------------------

Onoce they arrived back at the citidel Martin passed down orders to spare at least one house for the time being. It was to be filled by the family who having given the offer more thought decided they wanted to stay with their children. Martin had no quelms with this although some of the others voiced concern. He had told them that it would be a good idea to get as much freely given local support as possible. He didn't want to make the same mistakes that the old cult leaders had made by upsetting the citizenry. He wanted as many willing followers as he could get his hands on.

"Your children will be bonded with a pair of newborn hatchlings, when they hatch of course, you needent worry about it though it is more like making a friendship then any actual bond so your children's lives are not at stake in the actual bonding. Now they will be trianed in magic and mounted combat with their dragon companions. In this organization we technically rank humans higher then dragons but it often works out that everyone treats eachother with equal respect since one does not truely need the other. Your kids will be allowed to visit you whenever they have free time from their studies and vice versa. The only condition is that they can not leave this place until they are of age. You however are welcome to come and go as you please. I know the accomodations are not all that wonderful at the moment since everything is still under construction but I assure you once everything is done you will be more then happy with your new homes."

He again left out the bit about the comming conquest since they didn't really need to know. Yan marched up to the group still looking irritated.

"They cast the incubation spells so they don't need me. I am more then just bored with this place can we go now?"

"Yan, this place is to be our home, getting bored is not a good reason to just abandon it. However it is a good reason to travel. Come I have a particular place in mind."

"The next town."

Yan said half complaining. She was feeling restless and wanted to ommash in some heads but she knew that with the way things were now going Martin would do his best to conceal his darker ambitions and actions under layer upon layer of good will. He mounted his horse dragon and with a dissatisfied groan they rode towards the next town.

"Of course," Durion said. "As your friend said, it's definitely safer to travel in groups. Plus, I heard some crazy necromancer is around..." he added in, while looking around. Then, he, Zane and Sophia saw Goliath climbing onto Teiyos's back. Durion simply stared at them for a few seconds, then looked away. Zane chuckled. "Hey buddy-" he was about to make some joke about it, but then, the following words echoed on his head, Sophia's voice: ...happy funtime with needles...

"...nothing, nothing." he quickly added in, cleared his throat and looked away shivering at the mere thought of needles. "So, where we go next?" he asked.

Edited by MetalDragon

Goliath chipped in a destination preference.

"How about a place with a library?"

"Again with the books!? It's no wonder you STILL lack a social life. Ignore him, I say we go someplace interesting."

"Libraries are interesting."

"Ugh. See what I have to live with Durion."

She said in an exasperated tone before marching with the group. Here they were, a perfect opportunity to make friends and Goliath still had his nose firmly planted in the book, news of the necromancer forgotten already.

"You said something about a nasty necromancer on the prowl? We did help defend a village against some skeletons just the other day. I assumed it was a group of necromancers, the thought of it only being one is really bad news."

"As if that wasn't bad enough, we just confirmed that Martin is on the prowl here. If those two were to link up this country would pretty much be doomed."

Goliath said into the book as though he was just speaking but not to any particular person, needless to say it was a good book.

"Goliath they can't here you if you talk into the stupid book. Would you at least put it down when talking to us?"

Goliath snapped back to the real world with a jolt bringing the book away from his face.

"Huh? Sorry, like I said Martin is on the prowl out there and he isn't exactly a pushover mage either. I think it would be in our best interest to at least inform some of the near by towns of what is going on in case they don't know."

"And which town exactly do you think we should start with?"

"One with a library."

And with that the pair had gone full circle with nothing accomplished in the process now that Goliath's head was back into the book.

Durion stared at Teiyos, then at Goliath. "You know what? A town with a library actually sounds like a good idea. Know any town with one?" he asked. "Plus, if I remember correctly, Rana liked to read..." he whispered to himself. Zane heard him. "Ah yes. Rana, your girlfriend." he said and chuckled. The vampire dragon glared at him and hissed angrily. Sophia sighed. "Oh no... here we go again." she said. Last time Zane said that, Durion almost killed him. From her experience with them, it seemed like sometimes they were best friends and sometimes they hated each others's guts.

"I'll kill ya!" the dragon snapped and suddenly knocked down Zane on the ground, and attempted to strangle him with his bare... paws. "Heheh... *gasp gasp* Hehehe... *gasp*" he was laughing and being suffocated at the same time. "Alright, cut it off, you two." Sophia said and split them up, before one of them could get killed. "Please, Teiyos and Goliath, from now on, ignore those two whenever something like this happens." she said. She started to think why she was with them anyways, then remembered: to find her missing daughter. "Well, shall we take your companion's suggestion to find a town with a library or...?" she asked.

Edited by MetalDragon

Goliath began to sift through their stuff again and plucked out a map.

"Well we picked up this map it says that if we keep following this path and take a right at the fork there should be a sizable town."

"We will remember that Sophia. Anyways, the book worm says to go straight and right. Shall we be off?"

Teiyos said taking the lead with Goliath on her back still.

"You know it would be faster if we-"

"Evil cloud-bird raining down dragon skull sized hail chunks of death from Martin remember? Angry air Elementals of doom, Flaming lizards does this mean anything to you Teiyos."

Teiyos rolled her eyes and retorted.

"Come on. What are the odds that he still has those things after us? I mean he isn't exactly one to keep after one particular target when he has other things to do."

"Durion doesn't seem like the kind to like being treated as a mount."

Teiyos turned and faced Durion, a look of seriousness in her eyes.

"You know, we could get around faster if we flew. What do you say?"

-----------------------------------------

Having arrived at the next town Martin looked on it's bustling populace with a satisfied look on his face.

"Imagine all these people as followers. We would actually be able to get some work done. We just need to give them a good reason to join up."

"How about better protection?"

Martin nodded and the pair made their way through town looking for a town hall type place to make their arrangements.

((I'm going to travel tomorrow and be away for like 7 or 8 days.))

"Fly? With someone on my back? No, I'm not dragging anyone around on my back." Durion replied, looking at Teiyos. "I refuse to let anyone ride on me, and this will never change." he said. Sophia sighed, walking to the town could possibly take a very long time. "How about you put your pride aside just this time?" she asked. "How about... no?" the dragon snarled.

She thought, then shook her head and looked at the vampire dragon. "Alright, then. I guess I'll force you to do it." she said. Durion looked away from her. "If you think your voice will work, it won't!" he said, in a mocking tune. Then Sophia begun to sing, the lyrics were quite unclear. Obey me... obey me... got stuck in Durion's head.

"Heheh... I will not obey... I will not obey... I will obey..." he mumbled, then looked at Sophia. "Your wish is my command, master..." he said in a monotone, now being controlled by Sophia. Zane looked creeped out, though she did this before to and with him. "She creeps me out." he muttered. He wasn't under her control, however, as she didn't target him.

"Will you let me and Zane ride on your back?" Sophia asked, just as a little test. "Yes." Durion replied. "There we go."

Teiyos looked at them with a bit of surprise and worry. Goliath hadn't even raised his head from his book yet and so didn't see anything happen.

"Well here you go I guess."

Teiyos announced before taking flight. Galamonaro was skilled enough a rider to not require to hold onto her with his hands as he continued to read his book. Teiyos circled overhead waiting for Durion to follow.

"You guys coming?"

She called down to them almost competitively.

-----------------------------------------------

A few people stared at the mage riding the horse dragon as he dismounted like it was the most natural thing in the world. he walked into the town hall and up to the receptionist.

"May I speak with the mayor please? I have an irresistible offer for him."

The receptionist looked up from her desk and nodded.

"Wait here I will go and see if he will see you. I will need your name."

"Martin Setem."

She walked off into the Mayor's office to see if he would see the newcomer.

((Would some one fill in as mayor please happy.gif I want to try and earn this one.))

((I'll do it I guess))

The mayor was currently writing his signature in some reports. Apparently some poor travelers had given their children to a dragon.

For food.

At the very least, they should have been wiser and asked for gold, but of course thinking was almost impossible on an empty stomach.

His name was Mayor Flimdale, and he finished writing his signature just as his receptionist, Agatha, stepped in with a small stack of papers.

"More news from the front?"

She nodded.

"Blast it all. Just put it in the pile over there." He gestured at a large stack of official papers, in a twine basket labeled "WAR RELATED".

"You've also got a visitor."

The mayor looked up, his aged face showing how tired he was. He was only 32, and he already had grey hairs. It was also a little-known fact that Agatha was his wife.

As such, he knew she wouldn't bother him with trivial matters of foolish tourists asking where the outhouse was.

"Is he one of the council?"

She shook her head slowly. "He looks like a magi."

"Did you ask him where he was from, at least?"

She shook her head again. "I apologize, as I was in a hurry to get these papers to you."

Now HE shook his head.

"Those damned papers don't matter. I never sign them anyway. They long ago stopped waiting for my orders to fight. Trying to grab the reins now would be like trying to grab a lasso around a dragon's neck. They're so agressive. I bet they didn't even read the missive I wrote about actions toward dragon-human relations. Idiots."

With a solemn shake of his head, he looked back down at the paper on his desk. The writing was blurred, as his eyes still lacked the sleep they so desired.

He yawned and stretched, his quill pen now dry.

"Alright.. what's he here for?" He said, scratching the back of his neck as refinedly as he could.

She blinked.

"You didn't ask him THAT either?"

She shook her head sadly.

"Go back to the house, Agatha. It's nearly midnight. I'll handle everything else I can from here. You need sleep. I can tell."

She shook her head furiously, more to shake sleep from her mind than anything else. "No, my love. I can't just leave you here to deal with all these wretched things going on."

He looked up at her.

"Honey, the kids are sixteen and fourteen. They can help me from here. I'll be home soon to meet you there. We've been up for two days straight now, being buried under war missives and reports. We need to sleep, and I don't give a FEL what those people in the council think about it. We're only human, and I bet you fifty gold pieces THEY'RE sleeping soundly," he said angrily. He dipped his pen in the last of the ink and wrote two quick letters, finishing it off.

"Go take this one to the magi. Take the other one. If someone asks, you're delivering it. Go. Home. Agatha. Dear," he said, enunciating every syllable of the last four words.

Secretly thankful, she darted out of the room and back to the magi, placing the letter on the table and saying a quick "for you" to him.

The mayor, now on his last legs, yawned and looked out the window.

Why couldn't peace be this easy?

((The letter just says "You can come in my office."))

Martin watched the Secretary dash out, she would undoubtedly see a less then patient Yan tapping her dragonic foot outside when she got there. He read the note left on the desk for him and smiled. In truth he could have taken over this town too but he needed some willing followers. If all went well these people would just be the start. He walked towards the Mayor's office his cane clacking against the stone floors loudly. The sound almost held an ominous feeling to it. He gently opened the door, stepped inside and then closed it behind him. Martin was a squat five feet tall and despite his previouse actions enjoyed negotiation a great deal. "Good evening mister mayor. Sorry to interrupt you so late at night but I am in need of man power and you can provide it. In exchange I am sure there is one or more things that I can do for you. If I may start, I am somewhat of an business man. I am currently investing a lot of money into a contstruction site just a few miles away from here, sadly I fear that with our current man power we will not make the deadlines I have set out. My workers are tired and disgruntled although I know they don't show it, simply put I need more staff. I was hoping that this town might be able to provide it. Naturally we have a few things to offer in exchange, although money is not one of them. I can offer expert protection and security for your people here in the town now. Also, in time draconic guards could also be an option. Why I have a draconic alley waiting for me just outside, she's not very patient though, unfortunately, but that is just the type of person she is. This is of course only my initial offer. What do you say, mister mayor, interested?"

Martin waited for the mayor's response to his thouroghly practiced lines. He in truth had no idea about the mayor's wanting to start up relations with dragons and was going for the draconic security effect.

Velsor continued to fly through the sky, heading towards some mountains in the far distance, he began to fly slightly higher, fueled only by his rage towards Skeleti, after a few moments he was now flying over the mountains, glaring down at them from above, he appeared to be looking for any signs of Skeleti whatsoever, he snarled angrily as he found no signs of Skeleti.

"I will find him." Velsor said quietly to himself then began to slowly descend to one of the mountains down below, he slowly landed on the edge of cliff on the mountain, he looked down at the forest below then began to look around, looking for any place that looked like a place Skeleti would stay at.

As he turned, he saw what appeared to be a Volcano not far off, he roared angrily and opened his wings wide and took off towards it at full speed. After a few minutes, he could now see the volcano more clearly.

"Hmm...it seems inactive for the moment...." Velsor said to himself as he flew down to the base and looked around, he appeared to be searching for something.

The mayor was, at least, even as tired as he was, a little impressed.

The man standing before him had some stature, probably nobility. Of course, there was the OTHER thing he could be, but that was impossible. What dragon would dare step foot in a dragon conflicted town, where no one could decide what they thought about them?

Ignoring the thought scratching the back of his head, he curled his fingers on his desk and slid forward a little, more to prop himself up so he wouldn't pass out, than anything else.

"You're asking for manpower that could provide. You offer in return protection from dragons."

Mayor Flimdale now was interested. He never tried to win debates without considering every little detail, like what it would do for his people, how it could help him, why the person might be asking, even the person's own name.

"Well, my secretary didn't have the name for you, but I overheard her in the office, although I don't like to impose without being properly introduced.

If I'm right, your name is Martin Setem? ((Like Martin Septim from Oblivion LAWL))" he said, his eyes level completely with Martin's, his exhaustion completely forgotten.

The thrill of negotiation, negating all other effects. He had learned this skill from years of being part of politics. If you didn't think clearly when people were offering something, you could regret it later.

"Well, my name is Frederick Flimdale, but most people call me Mayor Flimdale. Now, let's see here. The plot of land you're referring to IS very close by, but I have some things to work out before we can continue this little conversation of ours."

"Firstly, I want to know how you think we - no narcissism intended - can't protect ourselves from the dragons. Half my people hate them, and half love them, but they BOTH will protect themselves if something goes wrong, either by negotiation or fighting. Most of my people here also hire themselves out as mercenaries, and we still have the people fighting out in the war, and that's about 25% of our men and women, just so we're clear.", he said, smiling.

"But I do think you've got some real wisdom in that head of yours, and I'd like to make a little compromise that could help us out in the long run, if you'll bare with me.", he said, scratching his chin, which had grown hair during these days.

"I'll appoint you to a high position in this fine city - yes, a city - in the democratic council unit. Even though I hate them sometimes, they really are good advisors. We are, however, short one man, who turned out to only have joined so he could launder money from the city treasury through a long current into his pocket. The greed of men, as they say."

"So, of course I'll send a few men your way, and you can send yours to rest themselves in our inns. I'm sure they could do with a few days of rest, and my boys won't need the help, especially tired ones. They're good fighters."

Mayor Flimdale narrowed his eyes even more and smiled. "So, do we have a deal here, Mr. Setem? Or should I send you out?"

Martin allowed himself a little amused huff. He spoke again once he recomposed himself in order to clear up a misunderstood statement.

Mayor Flimdale, I think you may have misunderstood my offer. I wasn't offering protection from dragons. I..."

He paused for effect as he lifted his finger and wiggled it a bit to show that this was probably his most important point.

...I am offering protection provided by dragons. So not from them, by them. Different statement altogether. The dragon outside is no slave, no prisoner. She is my comarade and she will gladly help me in my goals, like in the future the others will help you in yours. You say your town is divided, well, I think I can show them in the not so distant future that dragons and humans can indeed accomplish things together. Now wouldn't you say that is far more valuable then having me on some council alone? I would happily like to work on your council if it would prove advantagous to you. So now that I have cleared up that fact, what do you think of my offer?"

He finished resting his hands on his cane. The mayor was no fool he gathered that much but Martin had encounterd very few that would deny dragons as a means of protection.

"Naturally all of this is in due time. I currently only have Yan outside as a draconic ally. However we are negotiating with others in the area to work with us."

Meanwhile Yan was sitting outside and fidgiting impatiantly. A few guards had gathered around her since the people in the immediate area were getting nervous about her presence. one approached her with his spear held out there was no nervousness heck he honestly looked ready to kill her.

"Go away."

"No, state your business."

"I'm waiting for some one who went to see the maoyr and he won't be pleased to see this. So go away."

The guards didn't budge. So far the dragon hadn't actually done any kind of damage to the city or seemed intent on doing much of anything other then sitting there and waiting.

Mayor Flimdale yet again was prepared to argue, but then put his finger down. He decided an offense wasn't the best measure.

He decided to try "go-with-the-flow."

"Martin, ... sir.. I apologize, but we simply DON'T need the added defense. If we get attacked, we defend, flee, or run away. We don't need it. It's a nuisance, and people begin to believe an attack is coming, ESPECIALLY if drac-...draconi...c..."

It hit him.

This man was not a man.

"Draconic guards, Mr. Martin. Draconic guards are not necessary, but I humbly thank you for your offer, ... dragon. Please, if I wasn't respectful before, do accept my apologies, and understand my situation fully.

My town is divided in half nearly.

They're divided on a topic of dragons.

You ARE a dragon.

Bringing guards in here who ARE dragons is a bad idea." he said finally, rubbing his forehead.

"I would appreciate the extra help on the council. As for your friend outside, I'm certain we could work something out for her to do as well." he said, and stood slowly, shaking.

"If you're not satisifed, please hurry, Mr. Martin. I'm very tired as you can see, and my wife is waiting for me."

Velsor raised his head with a loud roar, "Come out Skeleti...! I know you're here!" he yelled and then fired an annihilator beam at the base of the volcano, the beam rapidly began to tear into the volcano then slowly stopped revealing a system of tunnels inside the volcano.

Velsor starred at the tunnels momentarily then entered, after a few minutes, he reached a large room inside the volcano, lava flowing off the sides of the walls and a large area of ground in the center of the room completely surrounded by more lava.

Velsor looked around with an angry snarl and then raised his head and roared again.

The room rapidly darkened as the lava levels began to rise, "So....the mighty Velsor wishes to challenge me?" Skeleti's voice echoed as he slowly began to rise up from the lava, his eyes glowing a blood red as lava dripped off his skeleton body and wings, he slowly landed down in the center of the room and glared at Velsor.

"You know why I've come here, Skeleti...!" Velsor yelled angrily, Skeleti chuckled lightly, "Is this over that treacherous brother of yours,...Drago, was it?" Skeleti said to Velsor with a slight grin, "You had no right to kill him!" Velsor yelled in response.

"Oh boo hoo, you gonna cry all day and night over this?" Skeleti responded angrily, now annoyed with Velsor. "I'm going to end your reign of terror once and for all, Skeleti!" Velsor yelled in response, now enraged and suddenly fired an annihilator beam at Skeleti hitting his right wing.

Skeleti recoiled heavily as the part of his wing that was hit instantly dissolved, "What is this...? It seems your rage is fueling your power...Hmm...this could be...useful." Skeleti said and opened his l eft wing and rapidly began to shoot at bone spikes towards Velsor.

Velsor quickly moved out of the way of the spikes and jumped towards Skeleti with a loud roar, "Fool." Skeleti said as he suddenly redirected the spikes at Velsor rapidly hitting him in mid-air, Velsor roared loudly in pain and fell to the ground next to the lava, the end of his tail landing in the lava, smoke rapidly began to come up from his tail as it began to burn away, he roared in pain again and quickly pulled the rest of his tail out, the very end of it gone and the part just above it heavily scorched.

"Why don't you just give up, Velsor? You know you don't stand a chance...!" Skeleti said as his eyes turned a darker red and he raised his left wing and rapidly shot out more spikes at Velsor. Velsor attempted to move out of the way but failed and was repeatedly hit, he roared loudly in pain as his consciousness started to slip.

Skeleti grinned at the sight and stepped forward, "I would have waited an eternity for this...., it's over." Skeleti said as he opened his jaws and rapidly began to charge an attack.

Velsor did not reply as he turned his head away from Skeleti, as though waiting for it to end. "....NEVER." Velsor yelled as he turned and fired a weak annihilator beam at Skeleti, hitting him in the center of his skull, the beam easily shattering through it.

Skeleti let out a loud screech of pain as he stopped charging his attack and stepped back, his skull began to crumble outward from where the beam hit. "How....could you.....Velsor...? You've destroyed......everything.....I've worked so hard.....for..." Skeleti said weakly as his last words before falling backward into the lava, now unprotected by his powers, his Skeleton body slowly melted away, smoke rising up from the lava where he was.

Velsor slowly stood and starred at the smoke for a moment, "At last.....it's finally over.....Skeleti." Velsor said weakly then let out a loud roar then turned and weakly exited the volcano.

Once outside, Velsor turned and starred back at the tunnels. ".....Never again." Velsor said quietly then suddenly blasted another annihilator beam into the tunnels, taking out the main wall. The entire volcano began to shake as the tunnels could be seen caving in, and the volcano slowly imploded into itself.

Velsor roared loudly again then turned and began to walk away, ignoring his injuries, not even bothering to remove the spikes from his sides.

((EDIT: W00t. 9000 posts))

Edited by Sean175

Thael had waited patiently outside the volcano for Velsor to return. He could ignore him as long as he want.

Thael would stay with him.

As Velsor exited the crumbling mountain, Thael stood, excited, and then saw his wounds.

"VELSOR! Allow me to heal you, sir. I shall be happy to remove these spikes from your body." Thael said, examining him quickly.

"Hmm...?" Velsor turned his attention to Thael, surprised to see him.

~???~

A large red dragon, Sigvard, walked through a forest, followed by a black dragon, Karina.

"Are you sure you know the way? This looks framiliar, Sigvard." Karina said a bit annoyed.

"Of course I know where I'm going!" Sigvard said and raised his head proudly, no longer watching where he walked.

"Sigvard! Look ou-" Karina attempted to say but was cut off as Sigvard walked right into a tree. Sigvard stepped back dizzily "Okay...maybe I don't know where I'm going." Sigvard said and then collapsed unconscious.

Edited by Sean175

Martin sighed, the man had said that bringing dragons in to this city was a bad idea. He needed a back up but what...what else could he offer. It wasn't like he was being told no but still he wanted to put this man at ease. Especially since he was now labouring under the impression that he was a dragon. Martin chuckled a bit then heaved a defeated sigh.

"Alright then since there really is little else I can offer other then dragons or magic training then I will look elsewere. I never really liked talking to old crochity people in board rooms and I am not about to torture myself now. Also you are mistaken, while I am capable of magic, transformation is not a talent of mine. So I assure you I am quite human and you needn't worry about Yan, she is perfectly capable of entertaining herself. However you are correct and I have held you from your family too long. Let us depart and I wish you a good night Mister Mayor."

Martin stepped out of the office ahead of the mayor. He turned to bow and then spun back around to begin walking for the exit of city hall.

Sigvard began to regain consciousness and stood slowly and looked around, Karina was now gone. "...Great. Just Great." he said and opened his wings and took off high into the sky.

~???~

Karina stood in the center of what appeared to be a burnt village, she looked around at the burnt houses, "This is...horrible....who could have done this?" She asked herself and look around more.

"I do believe that would be me." A voice said and Karina looked around started, Radimir slowly walked out of one of the burning houses and glared at Karina.

Karina turned her attention and stared blankly at Radimir, "Why....why would you do this...?" she asked, Radimir glarred and responded, "For the honor of Skeleti."

Karina starred blankly at him, "Skeleti....who's Skeleti?" she asked blankly, Radimir snarled slightly as he still glared at Karina, "So...you want to know who Skeleti is? I don't see the harm in telling you ... you won't live long enough to stop his plans anyways." Radimir said with a grin, Karina stepped back a little bit.

"Skeleti, was once...a great leader. Though his army did crumble to dust over-time, there were still a few followers left, one of them, was me. His most loyal follower, but, I was extremely injured...and took quite some time to recover, I stayed here, in this village til I was fully recovered." Radimir stated with a twisted grin, Karina starred blankly at him, "They helped you...they saved you...and this is how you repay them?!" Karina yelled angrily.

"I didn't need them anyhow." Radimir replied, Karina glared at him then backed up a little more. "As for you....well, let's just say it's your turn to die." Radimir said, almost with pleasure and suddenly fired a small version of Drago's murder beam at Karina, hitting her left wing and heavily burning it.

Karina recoiled heavily in pain and glared at Radimir.

((I'm back))

Sophia looked at Teiyos, then at Zane. "Don't worry, I'll snap him out of it soon... Zane, you first."

He looked at Sophia with a look of 'why me', then shrugged and climbed up on Durion's back. The dragon allowed him to stay on his back and didn't shove him off him like last time. Sophia climbed up on him. "Alright, big guy, let's go." she said, and the vampire dragon nodded and lifted off the ground, ready to follow Teiyos. Sophia was now not paying attention to what was in front of her, now high in the sky. She was looked down to the ground, looking for something or someone.

"Hey, what's wrong? Looking for... her?" Zane turned to her and asked, saying "her" in a low voice tone. "Yeah... if there is a chance to find her, no matter what, I will take it." she replied. She had told Zane and Durion her story of how her daughter disappeared and is now looking for her, hoping she's still alive. It was the reason she was travelling with them. "I see... I wonder how it feels to lose someone really close to you." he said.

Teiyos and Goliath had heard the story as they lead the group to the town. They had both lost close people when the cult went hostile against their homeland.

"It is a heavy feeling Zane. Something I hope you do not have to endure"

Teiyos said nothing, pretending to focus on flying. Goliath then decided that they should be sharing information.

"I have an idea, why don't we share some information. Let me fill you guys in on Martin first then you tell me what you know about this necromancer or any other trouble makers out there ok. Now let's see...Martin like myself is a mage I guess I should start with a little history for you to understand fully. We were in the same cult back in our homeland, that cult paired human mages with dragons as religion saying that we were meant to be one and the same, looking back it was kind of bazaar. All was pretty much nice and pleasant, typical fairytale happiness. However the cult went through one of it's standard council changes and the new council members were selfish and felt that magic users shouldn't have to pander to the royalty. So to war we went, well they went. Myself and a few other conservatives went ahead to the royal family and warned them. They didn't buy it and we were locked up just in time to watch the country go to war with itself. The royal family was victorious with our help in the end but the country was crippled, everyone in the cult and I mean everyone save us and Martin were killed. If I had to guess Martin intends to rebuild the cult and take over this country instead. Undoubtedly he will then move on to our own crippled homeland and continue to expand from there. He isn't to be taken lightly either, he is a summoner and an animator. He can grant movement and life to any object you can possibly conceive. I have seen him turn the very dirt itself against innocents. He gives off a nice and safe complexion but don't be taken in."

Goliath took a deep breath and nodded.

"Any questions?"

Mayor Flimdale held up a hand.

"Hold, Martin Setem. I do not wish to lose valuable help, especially when we could work with each other. I apologize for believing you a dragon, but I do desire for your aid, and mine. Although you may offer me nothing, I suppose it will not hurt to send a few men your way, no harm done to me. The boys are getting restless. It would help them to work on ... wait, what are you working on again?" he asked.

---------------

Thael meanwhile looked at Velsor and smiled.

"My name is Thael, human-lover, some call me. I desire peace, but I still understood you had to uphold your honor. Skeleti WAS scum, and I'm glad you were able to eradicate his evil from this earth." Thael said, turning into a human a moment so Velsor could see he was one, and then back into a drake.

"So, what's the next plan of action?" he said, scratching his tail with a foreleg.

Edited by Thaelasan

"....There is no next plan of action, I'm tired of fighting." Velsor replied.

~Burnt Village~

Karina stepped back even further and glared at Radimir, "I still don't understand...how could you do this to these people? You'd be dead without them!" Karina yelled at Radimir, "Oh well? If I die I die. I live only to serve Skeleti at any cost." Radimir responsed with a grin and fired another murder beam at Karina, she dodged this time and retaliated with a smaller version of Velsor's annihilator beam, hitting his left side.

Radimir recoiled slightly then roared loudly and charged to attack.

(( Velsor, can we go help the female dragon? You know, the one Skeleti's follower is firing at? ))

Thael licked a talon, bored.

"Velsor, honestly, it's not that hard to find something to do. You're a great dragon. Whatever cause you fight for, you should fight for. You have slain Skeleti, the head of the snake, but there still survives a tail, flicking and wailing in an attempt to survive. Unless we chop the tail as well, it will find a new head." Thael said, still licking his talon. When he was finished, he looked at Velsor and shook his massive body a little, clearing it of debris.

"Besides that fact, you need medical attention. I can remove the spikes, and heal your injuries, but I'll need time, and a place to do it. Do you know of such a place, milord?" Thael said, obviously wanting to partner with Velsor.

This drake knew what he was doing. Thael wanted to come with him.