Dark Moon

The Darkness Reign:The Next Generation

Salar attempted to walk forward, "Answer me!" he yelled, Velsor suddenly lunged forward grabbing him by the neck and lifting him up, "It ends here Salar! You kill no more!" he yelled angrily, Salar looked down at him and quickly attempted to get free, Velsor quickly crushed Salar's neck with a loud snapping sound, Salar's arms fell next to him limb, Velsor tossed Salar up and fired a red beam at him again, it hit Salar and completely obliterated him.

Velsor roared loudly in victory and opened his wings wide taking off and then disappeared.

Goliath approached after his long absence. Teiyos was fast asleep, he muttered a few words and placed his hand against the stone she was sleeping on and it turned into mud. She snaped awake once she hit the ground with a thud.

"Hey, what the heck!? Why am I covered in mud?"

"Hahahaha oh that was good. Told ya we would find something."

Teiyos glared at him.

"You already know that spell."

"Yeah but casting it this way is way faster. Comon lets get going there wasn't anything else here. Any idea where Martin is?"

"Uhh...no I was sleeping not tracking."

Teiyos said sarcastically as yan and Martin stepped onto the main road. They had tried to track Karnack but the fire had eliminated his scent.

"I told you! The only thing there is burnt wood now lets get going!"

A rock flew at Martin and he neatly dodged it. he had his cane ready and was facing Goliath who stood stock still in an attack stance as a second raock formed in front of him and shot off when he nudged it. Once again Martin sidestepped it.

"Yan think you can handle Teiyos?"

"Please. She has never been a match for me. Besides with this village here I have the advantage."

Yan charged casting he haste spell on herself and Martin and she rammed into Teiyos's chest hard enough to send her flying through a building. Martin began to cast a summoning spell and found a surplus of elementals within his large range ring. Smiling he picked out the stronger ones and they appeared before him looking moderately confused.

Edited by En'K'Haral

I have... to get out...! I can't beat him like this right now. Waruana thought, turning back to the stairs she came from and climbing it down, as fast as she could, which unfortunately wasn't so quick. She had now fourteen floors to climb down. Karnak suddenly recovered from his paralyzis, and roared. "You won't escape!" he yelled and suddenly darted off to the below floor, as Waruana was already on the 12th floor.

Teiyos wirled herself and swong her tail at Yan who dodged it easily and laughed berfore pouncing again and pommeling Yan with her hooves.

"Comon Teiyos keep up. Oof!"

A large boulder shot off by Goliath had conected solidly with Yan's side and sent her sprawling. Martin cast a simple binding spell on the Elementals and and ordered them to attack Goliath. Each of the four elementals charged Goliath furiously.

"You may want to focus on me."

Goliath turned in time to be punched by an Air elemental in the face. He stagered under the heavy blow as an earth elemental charged him next. It was an easy win for Goliath as he jabbed his staff into the elemental and made it melt into mud. It wasn't dead but it was as good as. He spent the rest of his time dancing around the other three trying not to get burned, drown, or suffecated.

Yan kicked the boulder and charged at Teiyos who caguht the boulder one handed and hurled it back at Yan. Yan dodged it and once again rammed into a ready Teiyos. Teiyos grabbed hold of Yan's sides and whirled once more trying to hit Yan with her tail.

Waruana rushed for the exit as she reached the 1st floor, the one with the exit and entrance. But, suddenly, Karnak came down from the stairs, anger burning in his eyes. He roared and charged at Waruana, who quickly ran outside and casted a spell. Many ice blocks suddenly appeared, blocking the entrance, but she knew it wouldn't last for too long, so she quickly ran away from that place as the blocks suddenly shook as Karnak hit them.

On a place away from Mt. Infinity...

A strange, hooded figure with blue robes watched a village. It held a scythe, with golden blade, and it's eyes were a piercing blue color. It seemed to have no feet - it was levitating, and shadow-like hands were holding it's weapon. "I guess this is one more for my collection... of ruins...!" he said and tapped the scythe's handle against the ground.

Suddenly, hands stuck out from the ground. They were nothing but bones. They slowly pulled themselves out, revealing themselves as skeletons. Some were armed with scimitars and spears, some were not. "Yes, my minions, destroy that village for me, show them what is fear...!" the strange figure said as the skeletons approached the village, and more were coming out from the ground.

Skeleti suddenly turned to a burnt house, "I know you're hiding Trakio, come out and fight!" he yelled, Trakio weakly stepped out from the house glaring at Skeleti, "How did you know I was there?" she asked, Skeleti laughed, "I have my ways..." he replied and opened his wings wide, Trakio stared wondering what he was doing, "Now...DIE!" he yelled, bones suddenly began to rapidly fire towards her from his wing, Trakio roared loudly and quickly jumped out of the way, Skeleti closed his wings and looked over at her with a quiet laugh.

Skeletons erupted from the ground and Teiyos lept back in fright.

"Goliath!"

"I know!"

He smashed a skeleton's head in with his staff.

Martin smiled smugly, it seemed someone else had business here. He didn't wan to get in the way of people who could raise the dead so he decided that this was as good a time as any to leave. Martin stabbed his cane into the dirt road preforemd a quick chant waved his hand and the dirt on the road swirled up forming another one of his animations. A creature resembling a frilled lizard made of gravel. Yan gollaped back to Martin and allowed him to hop on.

"Give my compliments to the necromancer if you live to see him. Lets go Yan."

"Bye huun."

Yan said in a mock friendly tone to Teiyos before leaving at breakneck speed.

Goliath was assesing the situation, Skeltons attacking the village behind, elementals blocking his path to the front on top of that yet another creature.

"What now?"

Goliath turned to the village and sighed.

"In order: help the village, kill the frill and his buddies, persue Martin if we can."

"I can handle the frill by myself, draw off the elementals and I will be with you shortly."

Goliath turned and faced the village that was being destroyed. Charging forward he created stones and used them like a fireball minus the fire. The elementals chased him in but Teiyos cut off the Lizard.

"You my friend are mine."

The lizard hissed in response.

The strange phantom watched the village from a distance, seeing a human and dragon leaving it. He also saw another human and dragon, as well as an animated frilled lizard. Hmmm... perhaps I should... nah, that won't be needed. he thought to himself as the skeletons suddenly stopped appearing. The phantom turned back and slowly disappearend into the forest, confident that the skeletons could do the job. He now had other things to do...

Edited by MetalDragon

Goliath caught a glimps of a robed figure in the distance but disregarded it for now. He was busy smashing Skeletons left right and center. He came across some panicking civilians.

"Hey! This way!"

He called out and the pair of Civilians followed him around. He created a stone sword for them to use in defense and the trio continued on finding and helping others in need and arming those without weapons with stone weaponry. He had ditched the elementals in the city by this time and was hoping to never see them again.

Teiyos was staring down the lizard, she charged it and whirled hoping to shatter it with her powerful tail, the creature didn't even move it simply altered its body structure to allow Teiyos's tail to pass through harmlessly. She spun out and smashed a tree into splinters.

"Oooh I hate you."

She charged again only to get a solid whack by the creatures tail. It seemed to copy her actions. It seemed to laugh at her mockingly.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yan galloped at a steady pace happy to be rid of Teiyos, she never liked tha dragon.

"So what trick did you put into that lizard?"

"Lets just say its a quick learner. Alright so now that we put that mage behind us I say we investigate something."

Yan sighed.

"Now what?"

"We shall investigate that massive source of elementals my dear Yan."

Yan stopped dead in her tracks.

"No way. I bet you don't even know which way they are form here do you! Your just gonna get us lost I say we continue looking for mages and dragons willing to join us."

Martin huffed but she was right, he really didn't know the exact location.

"Fine! Lets go."

Edited by En'K'Haral

"Seems we aren't alone here..." Skeleti said and suddenly turned and swung his right wing at a house, it sent a large black wave of darkness slamming into the house, Drashi quickly jumped out from behind it as it crumbled, she glared at Skeleti, "Hmmm....! You have something I want." he said, Drashi starred at him, "You know where Velsor is, tell me and I shall allow you and Trakio to live....deny me, and die." he said.

Drashi starred down at the ground then looked back at him, "He's somewhere in the nearby sea." she said, "Revenge shall be mine!" he yelled and opened his wings wide taking off into the sky.

Trakio starred at Drashi, "I don't trust him...let's go incase he comes back." she said and turned heading into the forest, Drashi nodded and quickly followed.

Waruana ran into a forest, getting out of sight from anything that'd come out from Mt. Infinity, in this case, Karnak. She turned back, and sighed in relief, then continued walking. She knew he'd probably burst out from the blocked entrance soon, and he'd be very angry, but at least she didn't need to face his wrath right now.

Edited by MetalDragon

Skeleti glowed a bright red as he flew and then vanished, he reappeared in front on the island from before, he stared up at the waterfall and the trees, "I thought this place died years ago....apparantly this place is stronger than I thought." Skeleti said to himself and suddenly opened his wings taking off towards the top of the waterfall, after a minute he landed down in a small grassy field, the edges surrounded by trees, "Come out Velsor! I know you're here..." Skeleti said.

A loud roar echoed as Velsor suddenly landed down in the center of the field and glared at Skeleti, "Why have you come here!?" Velsor asked angrily, Skeleti simply laughed and took a step forward, "To finish what I started all those years ago...! You and Drago were the only survivors of my attack, now Drago is dead and you will join him! And afterwards, I shall kill Trakio and Drashi as well." Skeleti said.

((*only catches a mispelling on previous post 1 day later...*))

One of the ice blocks fell from the pile as it shook again. Suddenly, Karnak burst out from it, sending the blocks flying everywhere and roaring in anger and frustration. My nemesis escaped, yet again...! This is ridiculous! he thought to himself, as sparks flew out from his body, mainly from his metallic parts. They nearly looked red, out from his rage, and walked away, stomping on the ground with each of his step, snarling angrily. Perhaps he was never this angry before.

The phantom seemed to aimlessly wander around, apparently looking for a way to go to a place. Forgetting places... is horrible. Blargh. he thought, then looked around to make sure he wasn't walking around in circles... which he was, unfortunately.

Teiyos backed off a bit, the lizard offered her a smug smirk.

"Now how am I going to deal with you?"

She asked herself aloud. The lizard hissed and charged at her, it whirled swinging its tail at Teiyos who caught it in her hand with a devious smile on her face.

"I have an idea."

The gravel in her hand joined to become a single large stone tail in her grip. She twisted and the single stone snapped off leaving only a stub of tail left. The frilled lizard started to back off.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Goliath was busy rounding up other villagers. He had joined a party of people who had the same idea and were well equipped for the task, which was a good thing since they were currently cornered by the skeletons. Goliath continued to cast spells that either crushed or hindered the skeltons in some way.

Velsor glared at Skeleti for a moment and roared charging forward to attack, Skeleti moved aside dodging with a low laugh, Velsor suddenly turned and swung his tail at Skeleti hitting him and knocking him away, Skeleti stood and glared at Velsor again, he suddenly swung his wings open and began to rapidly fire bone like darts at Velsor from his wings, Velsor roared and jumped aside dodging and blasted an Annihilator beam hitting Skeleti's right wing.

Skeleti jumped back closing his wings and looked over at Velsor, "You prove more challenging then I thought...!" Skeleti said, his eyes began to glow a bright red, Velsor quickly jumped aside as a large spike like bone suddenly shot up from the ground below him, he turned and blasted a large fireball at Skeleti, Skeleti laughed and swung his tail around hitting the fireball and sending it back at Velsor, Velsor quickly jumped aside and glared at Skeleti again.

"You fight to protect...that is why you are weak!" Skeleti suddenly yelled and swung his arm up, several knife like bones flew off his arm, Velsor attempted to dodge but failed as they repeatedly hit him in the neck, several going through him completely, he stepped back as his vision completely turned black, he held his head up high and roared loudly shaking the entire island, it was also heard for hundreds of miles away, his head went limb as he fell to the ground with a loud crashing sound shaking the entire meadow, his eyes turned white and his breathing stopped completely as he laid dead.

A thundering voice echoed,

"Once mighty,

now fallen in defeat." it said as it began to fade away on the last word.

Skeleti laughed loudly and opened his wings taking off, "Victory!!!" he yelled.

_____

Drashi and Trakio both stopped and looked around, they turned to see the sea just a few feet away, Drashi looked out, "That roar....Velsor's...dead..." she said to herself quietly, Trakio turned and continued running deeper into the forest, Drashi turned and followed.

Teiyos tackled the Lizard and solidified its chest. She then hit it solidly with her tail shattering her opponent.

"Well, that takes care of that. Time to find Goliath."

She took off and flew over the now burning village. It seemed a number of the inhabitants had escaped but not a lot. It was obvious that whoever had started this up had been victorious. Teiyos spotted Goliath and several other men fighting off the skeletons, she landed and swept away the bony threat with her tail obliterating them and a nearby building.

"Where were you!?"

"Looking for you obviously, I can't see a thing with all this smoke."

Goliath and the others climbed on and they took off flying for the edge of town.

Edited by En'K'Haral

The phantom looked around, at the sound of a loud roar. Identifying it as possibly a dragon's death cry, he sighed. "Hah, so many deaths those days... how sad." he said, though not really meaning the last part. Suddenly, he was knocked down. Getting up, he glared at what happened to be the one who stumbled and knocked him down: Karnak. "Don't you know, that it's rude to do that?" the undead creature said, with a hint of anger.

"I don't even know you, why should I care?" Karnak snarled angrily. "I am Grim, now you have no excuse to do that again. You know me now." the phantom introduced himself.

Trakio stopped and suddenly backed up hiding under a tree, she looked up to see Skeleti flying over the forest, she snarled and quickly bolted off after he passed, she went into a large cave in the side of a nearby mountain, Drashi followed.

_________

Skeleti flew down into a small village and landed down in a market crushing one of the stalls, "Hey!" one of the villagers yelled and charged forward with a large spear, "Weak creatures..." Skeleti said, he opened his right wing and many bone like darts shot out repeatedly hitting the villager until he fell to the ground dead, Skeleti laughed loudly and his eyes flashed red, multiple dome like explosions suddenly began to overcome the village around him destroying it and killing all the villagers.

Skeleti hovered above the village's remains laughing evilly as he starred down at the destruction.

Goliath and Teiyos dropped off the last of the survivors and then took off again.

"Martin is making them stronger. He is practicing."

"Suppose he intends to restart the cult and try to rule again?"

Teiyos nodded grimly. Goliath let out a depressed sigh.

"Well I think he will find himself outmatched. Something tells me there are equally determined individuals in this land. With enough power under theeir belts to get what they want."

Teiyos shook her head in reply.

"For some reason that doens't make me feel a whole lot better. I mean if it ws just Martin well we have delt with him all our lives but new individuals of equal if not greater power. Can we really match up to that?"

"Of course we can. Just need more visits to the library and taining. But its not really our problem, so lets not get involved if we don't have too ok Teiyos."

Teiyos nodded her response.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

A village was engulfed in flames, fames that were being led to a center by long tendrils. Martin stood before an assembly of mages, most of whome were frieghtened and disarmed. For now that is. Martin was backed by some of his favorite creations, the fire gecko which was currently consuming the village, his frilled gravel lizard, Yan at his side, circling above was what appeared to be a sparrow made of clouds, and last but not least, lots and lots of household furniture animated to immitate mimics. The mages had fought against the creatures and lost.

"Defeated by your own homes. What does this say about your casting abilities? Mediocer, illprepaired, frantic, desperate, too slow, to fast, hesitant, overconfident. You either didn't use your full power when you should have or used too much power when you should have saved. Your abilities as mages are disgraceful. But for now that is ok, you are provided with a second oppertunity to hone your skills, and perfect the art. Of course you will all be under me, but fret not, there is something in it for you aside from a new home. Like me you would be provided a dragon companion to protect you whil you cast your spells. That was the problem with many of you, spells being interrupted by attacking monsters. It is difficult to cast your best spells without someone getting in the way. I know how that feels. So what do you say? Join me now, or die here with your burning village."

A few mages left the crowd, some it seemed out of fear others with far more confidence then some of the other mages would have liked. Yan frowned as did Martin.

"Tsk, I never liked people who don't know what's good for them anyways."

Martin waved and the frilled lizard stepped forward and standing on its hind legs it curled its front feet into fists and slammed them against the ground, a large fissure circled around the collection of mages and the ground beneath them collapsed and they fell as gravel poured in on top of them. Martin climbed on to yan and turned to his new apprentices 16 in all.

"Find me a suitable lair. Travel in groups of two."

He left the village as the other mages discussed the directions they should travel in eventually agreeing on one pairing per compass point and heading out long after Yan and Martin were gone. Some of them just ran away altogether seeking out aid.

((Maybe peoples could use that? or we just leave it don't really care happy.gif))

Edited by En'K'Haral

"If you excuse me, I have to add some more territories to my village ruins collection." Grim said, glaring at Karnak, who glared back as he slowly left, floating away to another direction. "Yes, leave." the demoniac dragon snarled lowly, then muttering a curse as he left.

Grim wandered around, until he heard some noises, probably a town or village's population's voice. Then, he heard explosions. He went to the sound's source and saw a destroyed village, and there was a strange skeletic dragon laughing. Guess I was beaten to it. he thought, going into the village and looking around.

Skeleti looked over and saw someone coming towards him, he watched him carefully.

_______

Trakio and Drashi entered a large blue room, there were three pathways, all connecting in the center and then heading towards the three tunnels at the sides of the cave, everything else was water, Trakio looked around and then sighed, "We should be safe here." she said, Drashi looked around at the room, "Somehow...I don't believe that..." she said quietly.

Grim looked at the skeletic dragon, he was watching him carefully. "Hmmmm... I suppose you did all this." Grim said, looking around then shoving a dead villager aside with his scythe's handle. Though he felt like using the blade to behead the dead villager. "A nice job, I say." he said, appreciating the destruction of the village.

Skeleti laughed lowly, "Why, thank you." he said as he looked over at the dead villager.

_______

Trakio slowly walked into one of the tunnels, it lead a to a bright green cave with several trees and plants, a small patch of grass in the middle, she laid down and quickly fell asleep.

"Something doesn't feel right..." Drashi said and turned, she glared at the entrance and slowly began to walk out, after a few minutes she was once again in the forest from before, except now a small dear was pinned against a tree with a knife in it's neck, Drashi starred at it then quickly looked around in fear.

"Hmmmm... might I know your name?" Grim asked the skeletic dragon.

Waruana leaned against a tree on her back, panting from running a lot. "I guess I'm out from his sight..." she said to herself, still heavily panting. "That place... why do I think I can recover my memory there despite it having simply being a trap made by that monster...?" she continued to herself, then turning to a moving bush. Suddenly, Karnak came out from it, and grinned as he stared at her.

"Well well well... what we have here? Someone tired it seems." he said, approaching her. He was, however, surprised for meeting her without even trying to do so. "Stay away from me." Waruana said, and suddenly an electric field surrounded her, preventing her from going anywhere. Karnak looked about to finish everything off, but then another wicked grin appeared on his face. She was shivering in fear, like the first time he saw her. I'd finish her off now, but... I have an idea first. Let's see if there's still some evil there... he thought, and suddenly murmured magical, dark words.

Waruana flinched, then suddenly stood up as the field disappeared. "Very well, show me the darkness within you." Karnak said as she nodded and walked away.

"My name is Skeleti, and yours?" Skeleti said starring at Grim.

_______

"Did you really think it was over that quickly?" a voice said, Drashi quickly looked around in panic, Salar suddenly jumped down from above the cave and slammed into her knocking her into the ground, he quickly jumped away and pulled out a knife, "I'll admit...Velsor gave me some trouble, but thanks to Skeleti he is no more!" Salar said watching as Drashi weakly stood up, she glared at him and suddenly fell back to the ground, she looked back to see several knives in her back from when Salar slammed into her, "You really thought I'd really give you half a chance to win? Ha!" Salar yelled with an evil laugh.