Dark Moon

The Darkness Reign:The Next Generation

Karina chuckled slightly then followed.

_____

Velsor slowly began to walk deeper into the forest, "Can't even...remember where I am...anymore..." he said to himself, now starting to get dizzy, after a few more steps he collapsed again. "Ugh...got to...keep...going..." he continued to say to himself and stood weakly, he continued to head in the same direction.

______

After a while of sleep, Radimir slowly began to awaken and look around "Hmm....looks like it's time to have some more fun..." he said and quickly took off out of the cavern at full speed.

After flying for a while, Dakaynota pointed to a small clearing where the ruins for a temple were sitting. 'There. Let's land and search the surrounding area.'

Darakio sat next to Eledras as she tried to sooth him. "Stupid... I can be helpful!" Eledras patted him on the back. "I know that, but you've done enough for today. You deserve to rest." Darakio seemed to accept this answer. "M'kay... I am a little sleepy..." He flopped down and promptly fell asleep. Eledras went outside to see how the war plans were going.

"Alright." Karina responded and landed down and looked around at the ruins of the temple, "Wow...this must've been one big temple..." she said looking at the massive remains everywhere.

_____

Velsor still attempted to continue, no idea of where he was. After a few moments, he roared loudly and then collapsed onto the ground unconscious, his breathing beginning to slow up.

_____

Radimir looked around as he flew over the sky, "Hmm...so what shall be today's target...?" he asked himself as he continued to look around, he turned his attention to the remains of another village. "Hmm...this perhaps?" he said and landed down, then looked around. "There's no one here...just a bunch of statues.....wait...statues?" he said to himself and looked around, everyone in the village had apparently been turned to stone. "Hmm...Maxials perhaps? But there extinct...hmm...old victims, probably." he said to himself.

Dakaynota landed and looked around, nodding in agreement. 'It must have been marvelous when it was first built.' Dakaynota's head whipped around. 'Did you hear something?'

Eledras whispered to Rinee. "So... what's the plan, exactly?" Rinee looked at her. 'Simple... send out search parties to find whoever is running this show.' Eledras nodded. "Good plan."

"I think so...what was it?" Karina asked and looked around.

______

Radimir walked deeper into the village and examined a large hole in a wall, the wall was apparently melted through. Radimir recoiled and glared at the hole "What is that foul stench..?!" he yelled in anger and swung his tail at the wall, slamming into it and shattering it. A loud screech of pain came from the wall and the rubble began to move.

A small Maxial slowly came up from the debris, not more than a couple days old.

"Hmm...so the Maxial's still live...this could be...useful." Radimir said to himself and starred at it, the Maxial slowly moved towards Radimir and suddenly latched onto his head with a loud screech, it rapidly started to feed off his life energy.

"Agh..! Get off me you little vermin!" Radimir yelled loudly and slammed his head into the ground, crushing the Maxial. He raised his head back up and watched the Maxial fall to the ground dead. "Hmm...hopefully that wasn't the last one...their too useful to go extinct..." he continued to say to himself.

Dakaynota shook her head. 'Beats me... I think whatever it was is over in this direction.' She pointed towards the southeast side of the forest. 'Let's go investigate.'

"Alright." Karina responded and headed in that direction.

_______

"Hmm...I must find out if there are more......if there are......they will be...very....very....useful." Radimir said to himself and began to walk through the village, looking for any more places some might be hiding.

"Hmph. I don't think I'm going to find anymore here. How disappointing." He said and looked around "Well...might as well have a little fun...hehe..." he continued, then opened his wings wide and rapidly sent spheres of darkness flying all across the remains of the village, quickly destroying it.

Dakaynota looked around when she noticed something a little ways away. 'Karina... is that a dragon?'

Eledras and Rinee sorted out what members of the Order were going to search and sent most of them on their which places when Strunno and Telphion burst out of the bushes. "Where do we search?" Strunno said, hope gleaming in his eyes. Telphion was beside him looking just as hopeful. Eledras shook her head. "Nowhere. You're staying here." Their faces fell and Strunno's lower lip began to quiver. "B-but why not?!" Eledras looked at the both of them, a no nonsense look upon her face. "A girl that only just entered her teenage years with no battle experience plus a young hatchling that can't fly to scout out the surroundings?" They both flinched a little as if the statements, although true, physically hurt them. "You two would end up dead, and it is my job to protect the two of you." Before they could respond, she walked into the house, Rinee close behind.

"Umm...I can't tell." Karina responded.

Radimir looked around at the decimated village with a large grin, "A taste of what's yet to come...hahahahaha...." he said and turned to walk away, he heard multiple screeches and turned his attention back to the village. "Hmm...? Perhaps I was wrong about the Maxials?" he asked himself, multiple Maxials started to come up from the debris, all very small and no older than one week. They all rapidly began to screech loudly and headed towards Radimir.

"What?! NO! Stay away from me!" Radimir yelled and fired a murder beam at them, hitting only a couple, the rest all latched onto Radimir's back and wings with loud screeches and rapidly began to drain at his life force. "Agh...too...many...can barely move...!" he yelled and quickly jumped into a large tree, using the branches to force them off. Radimir weakly stood and quickly took off before they could attack again.

"Hmm...much more dangerous than I thought...next time I'll be more careful..." he said to himself and looked at the end of his tail, now turned to stone. "Hmm....it'll recover later...maybe. "

Dakaynota walked a little closer. 'Let's take a look.' Walking closer, she noticed it was indeed a dragon. 'Wait a second... is this Velsor?!' She looked him up and down and noticed many wounds. 'If so, what did he do to himself?'

Strunno and Telphion sat under a tree, mopping over the facts about themselves that were just handed to them. "I mean... I won't learn how to fight until I go into battle!" Strunno shook his head. "And just because I can't fly doesn't mean anything! ... does it?"

Karina quickly rushed to look and starred "I don't think he did it...it looks more like he was..attacked." Karina replied and quickly checked on him.

_________

Radimir flew over the village once more, watching the Maxials return to the rubble. "Hmm...now that I know where their hiding...I'll be able to find them when I need them..." he said to himself then took off in a different direction.

Radimir headed in a west direction and eventually reached the remains of Skeleti's temple. "Hmm....it must still be here...the only one other than myself who ever knew about it was Skeleti..." he said and landed down, he folded both wings against his back and quickly began to dig through the rubble.

Dakaynota grabbed the pouch tied to her wing and began applying the herbs inside to his wounds as she responded to Karina. 'Really? I thought he enjoyed inflicting physical wounds on himself.' Dakaynota's voice was laden thick with sarcasm. 'Here. Take some of these and put them on any wouunds you find.' She held the bag out to Karina.

Strunno turned to Telphion and whispered. "Hey! Why don't we go prove we can be useful?" Telphion brightened up at this. "Yeah!" Telphion looked towards her house and saw her mother sitting out there. She looked like she was asleep, but Telphion knew better than that. "We'll have to wait a few days. Once my mom let's her guard down, we leave." Strunno nodded.

Karina nodded and took the bag, ignoring Dakaynota's sarcasm, she quickly began to look for more wounds to treat.

________

Radimir knocked multiple large debris aside and looked around "Agh....it's not here..." he said to himself and looked around "It's either been destroyed, or stolen..." he continued and opened his wings widely and quickly took off into the air.

'I think that's all of them...' Dakaynota backed away to watch as some of the minor wounds slowly began to heal. 'Let's get him back to town.' She began to lift him as gently as possible. 'Come help me!'

Telphion was lying in her bed, ready to fall asleep. Strunno was curled up at her feet, trying to take up as little space as possible. "Good night, buddy." Telphion said. "Good nigh, Tel. Tomorrow we begin preparations for tomorrow's journey." Telphion nodded and fell asleep, Strunno just a few seconds behind.

"Okay." Karina responded and then helped.

_________

Radimir looked around as he flew and landed into another small village and looked around. The villagers here, also stone and the village mostly deserted. "Hmm...so it seems their returning all at once....this is getting risky...but....it may be quite fortunate..." he said to himself and began to wander around the village, apparently searching for something.

Once they reached the village, Dakaynota walked over to one of the nearby abandoned houses. 'I hope you don't mind if we watch over him here... the people who live with me are really light sleepers and they've been sleeping little enough as it is.' Dakaynota gently placed Velsor on the floor of the building.

"Okay." Karina responded and turned her attention to Velsor.

Velsor weakly opened his eyes slightly with a small groan barely conscious and looked around a little "Where....am I...?" he asked.

______

"Aha! I've found it!" Radimir said and fired a murder beam into a house, debris went everywhere from the house as a small black gem landed onto the ground and started to glow violently. "With this...my plans shall go much...smoother." he said to himself and picked it up.

He opened both his wings and took off into the sky, heading back in the direction of the temple, also watching the ground below him. "Hmm...I'll destroy this later...I have more important things to attend..." he said to himself as he continued to fly.

Dakaynota turned to look at him. 'Awake already? With those wounds I thought you would have been unconscious for a longer amount of time.You're safe now. Just rest.' Dakaynota walked outside and sat down, deciding it would be good for her to sleep as well.

"No...not safe...not safe at all....he's...alive.....Radimir......he's...." Velsor said, and slowly lost consciousness again as both his eyes closed.

_____

Radimir landed down at the remains of the temple "Now...let's see..." he said and threw the black gem up in the air, and suddenly blasted it with a black beam. It rapidly began to crack violently and then shattered releasing a black mist into the air, the remains of the temple started to lift up and glow black.

After a few moments, the remains rapidly started to pull towards each other rapidly rebuilding the temple, after several more minutes, the temple was fully restored and the blast mist dispelled. "Hehehe....Well...that was interesting." Radimir said and opened his wings, flying up to the entrance and going inside.

Sophia looked around, having been dropped in some forest. She sighed. Those two often caused trouble for her. "Great... just... great. They dropped me off in some place and I have no idea of where I am. I swear, I'll kill those two once I get my hands on them." she mumbled and walked around, looking for either a way out of the forest or for a place like a village, to stay at while she thought of where Zane and Durion could be.

______

Durion flew around with Zane, with no goal in his mind. Then, he had an idea. "I guess I'll just leave you somewhere so Sophia can deal with you when she finds you." he smirked. "Yeah! Then she finds you and strangles you, because YOU were the one who threw her out!" Zane muttered, and the dragon sighed. That was true, though then Durion was bewitched. "Then... let's look for a place to hide." he said and flew into another direction.

Edited by MetalDragon

((Back now.))

Teiyos saw what had transpired between Zane Durion and Sophia. When Sophia was flung into the forest she temporarily lost track of the woman. Goliath was so into his book that he had failed to notice the event altogether. So taking the initiative Teiyos let Zane and Durion go and began looking for Sophia. After flying about over the forest she spotted the woman walking on the ground.

"Hey! Sophia wait a moment!"

She called out crashing through the trees to land in front of the woman. Goliath sighed at the disturbance and looked up from his book.

"Couldn't you have landed a little softer?"

"Watch it, or I'll fling you like Durion flung Sophia, just farther away. Sophia, you can hitch a ride with us."

-----------------------------------------

The mage creating the earth spear managed to launch the sharp stone just before he got burnt to a smoldering crisp. His partner in the bushes kept silent not wanting to get caught by the red. He had all manner of of hindrance spells but with his partner gone he had no way of doing any form of combat. If anything he was content to wait until he left before following after the red.

Sigvard turned his attention to the earth spear(?), and quickly tried to turn to evade, but turned in the wrong direction, causing him to get hit on the chest and stabbed heavily, he recoiled heavily with a loud roar of pain as he grabbed at it, he opened his wings and rapidly started to beat them, sending off large gusts of wind blowing the bushes and branches around him, several flowers from the meadow were also picked up and blown into the air, after a few moments, he slowly began to calm, then looked around and noticed Karina was now gone "Oh great, just great...! She ran off on me again...!" he said with a hint of pain, and then opened his wings and took off above the meadow and looked around, ignoring his wound and the pain caused by it.

"Hopefully she hasn't gone too far..." he said and quickly picked up on her scent, fairly faint, but trackable. He began to head in the direction she had gone, at a slow speed as he was still in pain from the wound.

((Spear is correct, although I suppose stone would have been a clearer description. I keep forgetting that dirt isn't exactly the most harmful of substances.))

The mage in the bushes was surprised that the attack actually hit, he was then surprised byy the sudden wind that Sigvard was causing and had to grasp the ground tightly to keep from being lifted up into view. The dragon had taken off and was flying away although slowly. Richard was up and after him in a heartbeat prepairing another paralysis spell as he went. Sigvard may have been flying slow but his flight was still faster than running through the bush. Taking this into account Richard cast the paralysis spell hastily and the bright pink orb went off into the air. Since the spell was cast while moving through the forest it's effects were more than halved. Even if it hit the dragon would be paralyzed for only three to five minutes at best, and two to three minutes at worst. Still with the first spell cast and in the air Richard began prepping another paralysis spell so as to hopefully stack the effects.

Radimir continued to walk through the temple, he looked around as he reached the top floor, a large throne made of gold could be seen, two statues could be seen to the sides, one statue was that of Lynx, the other of Skeleti.

"Hmm...what is this...? Why would there be a statue of Skeleti, if this were his throne..." he asked himself and started to examine the statues, he noticed some writing scribbled onto them. He examined Skeleti first, "Skeleti, the se..nd in com...d of G..p..ss... army." was written on it, the .'s being illegible writing due to age. "What....second in command..then this means there is one beyond Skeleti...! " he said and stepped back with a slight gasp, he quickly examined the Lynx statue, but all the text was illegible.

"Hmm...perhaps I should focus more on the true leader, if Skeleti was only the second in command..." he said to himself.

Sigvard was hit on the side by the orb, he quickly started to become paralyzed "What going on...?! Agh...!" he yelled and rapidly started to fall sideways in a different direction, struggling to move. He slammed into the side of a large lake sending dirt and water in all directions, and flew off where he hit from the force of the impact, landing on a large log in the middle of the lake, he still struggled to move. The log slowly began to crack from the force of Sigvard landing on it.

Sophia looked at Teiyos and Goliath. "Well... since I've lost my own ride, okay, thanks." she said, and nodding slightly, and looked down. She mumbled something angrily under her breath, which while at low tone of voice, could still be heard by others. "Gosh... I swear, those two will drive me insane some day..." it was mumbled with a slight but clear hint of anger. "Wonder what they're up to now..."

She then looked up at the dragon, again. "So well... can I climb on your back?" she asked.