Dark Moon

The Darkness Reign:The Next Generation

"Look's like your next!" Salar said looking over at Lika, he grabbed the knife in his left hand reverse-grip and slowly began to walk towards her.

Velsor roared, but it could barely be heard as he attempted to stand and glared at Salar.

Lika tried to move and escape, but couldn't do so. Not even summon a weapon she could, still paralyzed. She frowned, and closed her eyes. Seems this is the end for me... she thought.

Salar suddenly tossed the knife up and then grabbed it as it came back down and tossed it towards Lika's neck.

Velsor watched in horror as he stared at Alkan dead, another life had just been taken in front of him and he was unable to help.

(... Why do I have a feeling I should do something even though I can't?)

Lika whispered as the knife hit her neck, "Good-bye, cruel world." then she fell dead, next to Alkan.

Karnak chuckled, watching her fall dead. "Heheheh... now that the show's over, I must be going. I have more important business...!" he said to himself, turning back and leaving after watching the deaths from a distance.

Waruana wandered around, then leaned against a tree. She didn't feel very well... it looked like a side of her was telling, 'You defeated them... you want more, no? Go and kill people!'

The other one, however, opposed the idea.

Salar laughed loudly as he turned back towards Velsor, Velsor was now completely standing his eyes red in rage, "Aww, poor baby, are you gonna cry? GROW UP!" Salar yelled, Velsor roared loudly and suddenly charged forward ramming and knocking Salar away, "YOU TAKE LIVES LIKE THEY ARE MEANINGLESS! NOW IT'S TIME I TAKE YOURS!" Velsor yelled angrily, How did he regain his strength so quickly!? Salar thought to himself as he slowly stood and pulled out two knifes, one in each hand.

Waruana put her hand over her forehead. She didn't feel very well... inside her, it looked like the evil side was winning. Suddenly, she lowered her hand, and walked away silently.

Karnak walked until he spotted Waruana from far. He grinned an evil grin... he could sense it, her evil was taking over. Looked like her bad actions from the past were slowly manifestating themselves. "Heheheh. I might watch this...!" he said, hiding behind the vegetation to stalk her.

Salar glared at Velsor, "Where'd you get all the strength from?" he said angrily, "THAT DOESN'T MATTER!" Velsor replied and charged swinging his claws tearing them across Salar's face and then spun around hitting him with his tail and knocking him aside, Salar slowly stood, his left hand on his scratched face, "Gah, you will pay for that!" he yelled and tossed a knife towards Velsor, Velsor hit it with his wing deflecting it back towards Salar, it hit Salar's other arm paralyzing it, Velsor roared charging forward and then spinning moments before he got to Salar hitting him with his tail and knocking him all the way across the clearing into a tree at the other end.

((Btw, if anyone was wondering why I haven't used more Maxials, they're extinct now.))

Edited by Sean175

Suddenly, an icy-like aura surrounded Waruana's right hand as she continued to walk. It seemed she was heading towards a village. Karnak chuckled, this would be fun for him. But not for the villagers...

This is an opportunity for me to know what she can do... and perhaps, use her own tactics against her...! the demoniac dragon thought, then laughed lowly a demoniac, distorted and booming laugh.

Rinee, Strunno, Darakio, Telphion, Demosephus and Typhius set off. Telphion was thinking. Six left. If our numbers continue to dwindle we won't stand a chance... Rinee turned and looked at her. 'What are you thinking about, child?' Telphion looked up at Rinee. "I was thinking about how we won't be able to win if more and more of us become unable to fight." Rinee smiled. 'That is where you are wrong. Our group wasn't always this large. At a point, it was just Dakaynota and your mother. Demosephus joined later, followed by Typhius. Darakio, your uncle you might say, was born soon after. Your father, grandmother and I joined a little later on. Pyet, as you know, didn't join our side until the war had ended and your grandfather only a short time beforehand. But those two fought alone for a long time, surviving and thriving. Power is not in numbers.' Rinee began walking again. Telphion just thought about this as she followed close behind. She tried to imagine her mother and Auntie fighting alongside each other against a whole army. She couldn't. Telphion realized she had fallen behind and raced to catch up.

Salar attempted to stand and saw Velsor coming towards him, he suddenly jumped forward and stabbed a knife through Velsor's skull "I WIN!" he yelled, Velsor knocked him aside ignoring the knife and roared loudly as he began to approach him again, Salar stared at him now paralyzed in fear, he realized he was going to die, and there was nothing he could do about it, "Now,....YOU DIE!" Velsor yelled and suddenly rammed into Salar knocking him over and crushed his head into the ground shattering it, Salar laid dead and Velsor roared loudly as he ripped the knife out, he turned and took off into the sky.

Waruana closed her eyes as she murmured some magic words, and an icy powder appeared in her front. It slowly merged together into something that looked like the sea serpent she summoned earlier. However, this ice creature had short arms and legs, and had torn wings as well. It roared loudly before taking off into the sky, and Waruana watched her creation go. She then fainted, especially because the summoning used her remaining power.

Karnak looked at her as he chuckled. It looked the perfect time for him to strike...

Velsor flew across a large mountain range, and he spotted something in a meadow in a forest ahead, he flew down to see what it was.

Upon his arrival, he realized it was Silvi impaled with many bones, "Silvi..." he said lowly and looked around, he roared loudly and took off into the sky, "...I will die before I ever fight again..." he said to himself and roared loudly as he flew across a large village, he was heading towards a large mountain range.

The ice, winged serpent creature flew around, looking for it's target to strike. Not able to find anything the way it was going, it turned left, now heading towards a large village, possibly to attack it.

Karnak chuckled lowly as he approached the unconscious Waruana. His eyes slowly begun to turn red, and he rose his metal hand as a little lightning bolt appeared on it. "I guess she doesn't have any last words." he said as the bolt begun to get bigger.

Velsor lands down in a small forest within the mountain range, memories of his childhood came back to him as he looked around, he stared at a large crater in the ground, it was the dried remains of a large pond, he sighed lowly wishing he could return to those days, he walked into a large cave, and laid down at the back falling asleep.

~Underwater Cave~

Trakio laid appearing dead, but her right wing slowly began to move as she weakly stood "What...happened...?" she asked herself and then looked around, she quickly took off out of the pond into the sky and looked around.

Suddenly, Waruana's eyes quickly opened up at the sound of electricity. The lightning bolt shot up and came down from the sky, trying to get Waruana. She quickly dodged it as soon as she saw the bolt on Karnak's hand. "You woke up... I guess I'll have some fun, then!" he said.

The ice serpent spotted a large village from a few meters away. It roared as it shot ice needles at the village, hitting villagers and causing them to panic. They wondered were the needles came from.

Trakio smelt blood not to far away, she quickly took off and landed down in a grassy field, she looked around and then saw Salar laying dead, his head crushed. "I'm assuming Velsor did this..." she said to herself.

"You are correct." A voice said, Trakio looked around and saw Drashi coming from the forest, "You watched it...?" Trakio asked, "Yes, I did." Drashi replied.

Karnak summoned a big, electrified black cloud. However, this time, instead of throwing it to the sky, he threw it towards Waruana, it exploded in an electric-like explosion and knocked her back. As an answer, she summoned ice spears and threw them at Karnak. The demoniac dragon chuckled and summoned an electricity field, blocking the spears.

The ice, winged serpent roared as it dove down, rapidly firing ice needles and blue fireballs.

After a few minutes, Velsor walked out of the cave, it brought back to many memories for him to sleep, "I cannot return to the life I once knew....nor can I escape the past...." he said to himself and stared up into the sky, "Perhaps it would be better for this world, If I were to simply disappear..." he said and lowered his head staring at the ground below.

Goliath was wandering through the forest with a map out. He seemed quite lost and was turning the map every which way.

"You are so lost"

"We're fine the village should be nearby."

"Yeah 'should' being the operative word here. You just HAD to search those ruins."

Goliath roled up the map in frustration and turned to his complaining companion with his fists on his hips.

"Look ruins are excellent sources for spells, and we came out with a stonewalking spell so I think it was well worth the little detoure."

Teiyos narrowed her eyes at Goliath.

"Oh yes. I suppose spike pit, the skeletons, the swinging axes and the poison gas, not to mention that most unwelcome encounter with Martin's mold monster were all just minor set backs. While I am at it why are we walking!?"

"Remember his crazy cloud monster?"

"Oh yeah."

Goliath continued walking when he felt a chill and heard screams as some kind of ice creature flew overhead.

"That looks less then pleasent."

"Investigate?"

"Absolutly."

Goliath mounted Teiyos and the took off after the strange monster in the sky keeping their distance but cheking out what was going on. They saw that it seemed to be attacking the village, the monster was difficult to see but they could make it out.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Martin was riding casually on Yan's back.

"Where did you say this village was?"

Yan asked him somewhat frustrated.

"Straight up ahead. You still have their scent?"

"Barely. They are pretty far up."

Came her drawling response. Martin sat up suddenly and at the same time Yan stood at alert. The sounds of thunder in the distance.

"That sounds like fun."

"Think you can get us there before the fun is done?"

"Please, this is me we are talking about."

Martin held on to the saddle tightly as Yan took off towards the noise at full speed.

Waruana murmured a few words, attempting to summon an ice creature... however, it failed, not only due to lack of energy but she couldn't summon another creature if there already was another one around. All that happened was she called her ice, winged serpent, and it was too far away anyways. "Heh, can't summon another creature, I guess? Well, I still have a trick left!" Karnak said as he summoned six small black clouds around him. Suddenly, they all went in a straight way, from the direction they were facing, dropping a lightning on whatever was below them.

Waruana tried to dodge, but one of the lightnings caught and zapped her. Afterwards, she stared at Karnak weakly, and summoned an ice sword. "I'm... going to... kill... youuuuuuuu..." she murmured, swinging the sword. She missed and end up doing an 180° spin before falling down, unconscious.

The winged ice serpent suddenly stopped attacking, and stood still for a few moments. It grunted lowly, before taking off into another direction.

Velsor starred up into the sky, he opened his wings wide and took off, flying across the sky, he starred down at the land below him as he flew, he turned and looked towards a large crumbling dark castle on the edge of a cliff above the sea, he flew down into it through a shattered window and looked around, he remembered this place from somewhere, he couldn't quite figure out where from, he looked around to see crumbled statues in a circle pattern, he walked towards the center and it crumbled revealing a large staircase going down, he slowly began to walk down it.

Now in another room below the last, Velsor looked around the room, it had a large crumbling table with chairs laying shattered around it, he turned to another staircase and slowly went down again, the next room was dark with torches lit across some pillars and a large door at the other side of the room, this appeared to be the main entrance to the castle.

He turned and headed down yet another stair case, and eventually reached the final room, this room appeared to be a large dungeon, many cells everywhere with both human and dragon skeletons in them, some torches across the side of cell bars, some still lit, but most burnt out, he looked around and slowly began to go deeper into the dungeon.

Karnak approached the unconscious Waruana, summoning a lightning on his metal hand. "This is your end." he said, and prepared to deliver the finishing, lethal blow, but suddenly, a sharp pain shot up from his back. He turned and saw a ice winged serpent, roaring and coming straight at him. Karnak growled lowly, and attacked the serpent with the lightning he just summoned, but it easily dodged.

Velsor slowly turned as he reached the other side of the dungeon, he saw a large door and slowly walked towards it, he went to open it and it crumbled to dust, "Hmm.....this place must be very old..." he said to himself as he went through the door, he looked around, it was an empty room with a large cave like hole in the side of it, he turned and went back into the dungeon, another door across the room from the crumbled one, he slowly walked towards it, he heard a low growling sound as he got closer to it.

Karnak slowly backed off as the ice winged serpent suddenly shot an ice beam at him, almost completely freezing his right arm. The ice creature managed to force Karnak to retreat back into the forest, then it stared at the unconscious Waruana. Now, it'd protect her from whatever came nearby.