Dark Moon

The Darkness Reign:The Next Generation

Goliath and Teiyos tried to follow the creature but its coloring made it hard to spot and so the ended up losing it temporariliy.

"Where did it go!?"

"There! its heading away from the village."

"Follow it already comon."

Teiyos turned and followed the creature as best she could it was some time before they soared over the landing area to see a girl being guarded by it.

"Lets go down and check it out."

"Something tells me thats a bad idea. That thing looks pretty set on gaurding her."

"I am sure if we play nice it will play nice."

"What I would do for that optomism of yours. Alright lets see if it will play nice."

Teiyos descended for a landing with some decent distance between her and the ice serpent.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yan was tearing through the bush when a figure could be seen in the distance.

"Hold up Yan!"

They pair came to a sliding halt several feet to Karnak's left.

"Why are we stopping here?"

"Hold on a sec Yan. Excuse me. Think you can tell us the location of the nearest village?"

He asked seeing what kind of creature they stumbled upon. Yan on the other hand kept tense just in case.

Edited by En'K'Haral

Velsor slowly opened the door and looked in, another stone room, he looked around and saw a large two headed like dog chained to a wall by it's necks, it barked loudly as it struggled to break free from the chains to attack him, "Hmm.....someone has been here recently..." Velsor said and slowly walked away, he noticed something, in the very center of the wall between the two doors, another door that blended into the wall, it was made of metal.

He attempted to push it open but it wouldn't budge, he backed up and rammed it knocking it down revealing a large stair case, he slowly walked up it and came to a dark room at the very top of the castle, he saw some markings across the wall, he looked at them but couldn't identify what they were.

"So, you came again." a voice said, Velsor looked around, "Who's there?" he yelled angrily, a large black transparent figure appeared, it had the face of a cat and held a large scythe in it's left hand, Velsor starred at him a moment, something seemed familiar, "Velsor, you probably do not remember me." it said, "I am Lynx, killed long ago in battle with you." he said, Velsor starred at him, "I do not remember you." Velsor replied, Lynx appeared to chuckle, "Your memory has been severely damaged by Skeleti, but what you see of me now is simply my ghost." he replied, part of him slowly vanished, "I cannot stay any longer on the world of the living, but I can help you with my remaining time." he said.

Velsor stared at him in distrust, "Return to the place where you lost your grip on reality, It is where you lost your mind, your strength, your memories, and much more..." Lynx said as he slowly vanished.

"The place where I lost my grip on reality...?" Velsor said quietly and looked down as he began to think.

(I'm not sure what to do! XP And I realized I always miss at least one character in my posts. X( )

(( Eh....a lot of times I only mentions 1-3 chars in my posts. lol ))

Trakio starred down at Salar laying dead and slowly turned to walk away, "Look out!" Drashi suddenly yelled, Trakio quickly jumped to the side and starred as a knife hit the tree in front of where she was.

"Who said I was done...yet!?" Salar said slowly standing, Trakio turned and glared at him, "How...are you alive!?" she yelled in anger, Salar's knifes on the top of his left hand extended out as he laughed lowly, Drashi glared at him with a low growl.

Velsor took off into the sky and flew down towards a small farm house surrounded by a burnt forest, he looked around and saw a human skeleton crushed into the ground.

"So, you've found the place where you lost your grip on reality it seems." Lynx's voice echoed and his ghost appeared again, but only part of him, Velsor starred at him, "Why the games?" he asked, "To test your knowledge, your skill, and your courage." Lynx replied, Velsor starred at him a moment, "Velsor, to recover what you lost, you must fight again." Lynx said, Velsor growled lowly and starred down at the ground, "I will not fight again..." he said, "You will not regret fighting again, I assure you that it will be worth it." Lynx said as he faded, Velsor starred at where he was and sighed lowly.

The winged ice serpent glared at the strangers, it looked like one human and a dragon. It hissed lowly, backing off and assuming a defensive-like position around Waruana. It didn't trust them at all, especially after fighting and forcing Karnak to back off, with a little souvenir in the form of a almost completely frozen right arm.

Karnak suddenly turned to his left, and looked at the man that asked him a question. Not really caring, he used his metal hand to point to the other way. "It's right there." he said, then pulled off some tree branches, and dropped a bunch of them together on the ground. Approaching his left, metallic hand at them, he snapped his fingers, producing a spark and lighting them up.

He then put his right hand over the fire to melt all of the ice on it.

Yan snorted and said drawling as usual.

"Seems as though you got yourself into a little bit of a scuffle. Lost too at that."

Martin shook his head.

"Its none of our concern. Lets get to the village and find that dithering mage and put an end to our rivalry."

"I think we owe the nice dragon here a little favor don't you?"

A dark grinned creased Martin's face.

"Indeed. Here you are."

He waved his cane casually and animated the fire into a quadrupedal creature resembling an over sized Gecko with frills that intensified the heat to melt the ice faster.

"Don't forget to have fun once your done."

The simple statement was in fact a command to the Gecko to go on a destructive rampage once it was finished heating the demon dragon's hand.

Yan laughed and galloped off going in a slightly different direction in order to make sure they didn't run into whatever had fought their helpful dragon-friend.

"Just like old times, right?"

"Yeah just like old times."

He said happily.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Teiyos landed successfully but was still not liking the situation. Goliath hoped off the green dragon he left his staff on her back like earlier when he had been handling the map.

"Hello. Might I ask what has happened here?"

He spoke to the serpent presuming it was intelligent.

"How do you know it can talk?"

"I don't but you shouldn't treat it like a mute just because it hasn't spoken to you yet."

Teiyos huffed.

"Well sor-ry!"

Goliath tried approaching the ice serpent.

Velsor took off into the sky heading towards a forest not far away, he landed down in it and looked around, it had been the last spot he battled Drago, he looked around at the destroyed and burnt trees.

"Very good Velsor, you've found both where you lost your grip on reality, and where you lost your strength." Lynx's voice echoed, "All that is left.....is to find where you lost your memory, this is by far the simplest one." he continued and his voice slowly faded, "Indeed simple...." Velsor said and opened his wings again taking off into the sky.

_________

Trakio and Drashi both lay nearly dead, as Salar stands holding a knife in each hand, "Hmm....how easy that was." Salar said and put his knives away, "I'll leave them to suffer while I find Velsor." he said and quickly took off into the forest.

The winged ice serpent stared at the two strangers, then let out a low-pitched howl. It couldn't speak, but it turned back. Waruana slowly opened her eyes, recovering her consciousness.

Karnak grinned as all of the ice of his arm melted away. "Hmmm, that was very helpful..." he said to himself, and shook his arm to shrug off the water that was still on it. Then, the demoniac dragon was about to run towards where he was beaten, but, he wouldn't risk losing again. Time for some planning... he thought, walking away.

Velsor flew down towards a large cave like hole in the ground, he flew into it, a large circle of ground in the middle of the room, everything else black lava, he landed on the ground and looked around, "The last place...but nothing's here? No voice, no anything..." he said, the black lava suddenly began to boil as a black hand came up on the other side of the circle grabbing onto it, it slowly pulled itself up revealing a human like creature made of boiling lava, it appeared to be a knight, it glared at Velsor as it's eyes turned a bright red.

Velsor glared at it, it reached it's right arm over it's shoulder and pulled back a large black katana out of it's back, it did the same with it's left arm and it appeared to growl angrily as it stood glaring at Velsor.

Karnak stopped, and thought. He could, perhaps, lure his foe to a place where they'd be alone, powerless and he could overtake the foe with fear, and get his revenge. But, that was easier said than done... or easier thought than done. He now needed a place and a plan. "A place... I know one that's perfect!" he said to himself, then rushed off to another direction.

Velgon glared at the knight, it suddenly lunged forward and swung both katana's at him, he quickly jumped back and slashed at it hitting it's right arm, he quickly pulled back with a loud roar of pain as it burnt him, he glared at it angrily, "What is this thing...?" he asked himself, he turned towards him and two more arms came from it's side, they reached back pulling a katana out of it's back with each hand and then moving them forward holding them in front of it as it glared at Velsor thinking of it's next attack.

The fire gecko finished its work and began spreading its flames throughout the forest. It persued the dragon at first creating a wake of fire in the forest but was soon distracted and became more interested in burning anything flammable.

It was not long before the flames were surrounding the glade as well as ingulfing the forest as the gecko went on its little rampage slowly working its way towards the village.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yan trotted through the village at a steady pace.

"I say one hour before this place has been turned to ashes."

"Twenty minutes more like. Comon lets hunt down anyone with spells and force them to share."

Yan trotted to what passed for a library.

"You and your spells. Animate this summon that."

"And conjure elementals and the like."

"Its all the same thing to me.

Yan lowered herslef and let Martin off. he strutted towards the library waving.

Have fun, I will see if I can find something to do while you read."

She drawled and as she was about to leave Martin spoke up.

"Why don't you go checck up on our gecko friend."

"Fine"

Yan left heading back to the forest. She arrived in time to see the forest in flames but the village wasn't close enough for it to spread. At least not on its own.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I think that is enough proof that it doesn't speak."

Goliath sighed.

"True but it obviously understands basic concepts. Such as guard for example. It seems the girl is comming around I will wait for her to do something first so that I don't accidentilly gt my head bitten off-whoa!"

Goliath had turned in time to see Teiyos backing away from the burning trees. He ran over readying his magics as Teiyos tossed him his staff.

"Teiyos get me an-" "I can't. That will do damage to the village as well."

Goliath slammed his staff into the ground while Teiyos slammed her foot and together they lifted a stone wall that blocked off part of the forest. They both then rushed their weight against it as it began to wobble so they could influence which way it would fall.

"Comooon topple that way. Topple topple topple."

Edited by En'K'Haral

(Ok, where is firedrake?! I need a Lord of Darkness or this whole RP has no point.)

((Dunno. =/ ))

Velsor slowly began to back away and turned towards the exit, it now had a black barrier of magic covering it, he turned back glaring at the knight with a low angry growl, it began to laugh, it's laugh distorted and evil, it suddenly tossed one of katana's at him then charged forward, he dodged the katana and then saw the knight coming, he attempted to dodge but failed as it stabbed a katana through him, he growled in pain and stepped away glaring at the knight, the knight went to step forward, "You refuse to fight....you would rather die then fight again." It said and it's katana's disappeared, "You honor your word and stick to it." it said, "The final riddle....return to the place you once knew, your former home and life." it said and dissolved, the barrier blocking the exit vanished.

"The place I once knew...my former life?...Could he mean...?" Velsor asked himself lowly and took off out of the cave heading high into the sky.

(I'm gonna PM him. If he doesn't post soon, who wishes to be Lord of Darkness?)

((If he doesn't post, I could give it a shot...?))

"Huh? What's... going on?" Waruana muttered, slowly getting up, and looked around. The forest around her was burning. The winged ice serpent lowly growled, as water poured from it. It was melting, obviously because it was made of ice, and couldn't take high temperatures.

((*pulls out AK-47 and shoots writers's block.*))

Edited by MetalDragon

(Sure, which one of your characters would be the Lord of Darkness? *Ponders* And what should I do?)

The wall finally toppled the way Teiyos and Goliath wanted it too. it crushed much of the forest and the dust sent up by the crash helped to choke out most of the flames effectively cutting down on the heat somewhat.

"Its melting Goliath we need to get it out of here."

Goliath placed his hand on the ground, the ground pulsed once and a ditch began to form between the village and the burning forest. Then he saw it. A creature wreathed in white flames

"That would be our firestarter Teiyos."

The Gecko stepped next to the stone platform which began to melt.

"Wow that looks hot. Smother it?"

"No, the heat will just turn this dirt into glass. We need to cool it off or cut off its fuel supply."

Goliath thought for a second.

"We need to get it onto the stone platform and away from any grass or trees."

The Gecko spewed white fire towards Teiyos who lept to one side but was still burned simply by being close to it. It was evident that tendrils were guiding flames to its body from fuel sources elswhere in the forest.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yan had been marching along the border when she caught sight of a familier green dragon. She kept her distance and simply watched as the pair she and Martin were tracking tried to handle Martin's firelizard.

"Gotta hand it to him. He sure knows how to make a mean beast."

She thought to herself.

Velsor flew high over a large forest still thinking about what the knight had said, his memory and thoughts were unclear preventing him from thinking correctly, "This may be one riddle I never figure out...." Velsor said to himself as he flew over a small village and starred down at it. He landed down at the back of the village and looked into the forest, he closed his eyes and attempted to think of what the riddle could mean.

((I don't know, might submit a new character for it.))

The winged ice serpent leaned it's head down, and Waruana climbed it up. Though it was quickly losing it's strengths, it still had some to get it's summoner out from the burning forest. It quickly took off, while Waruana tried to keep it cool by summoning a very cold air around it. She didn't want it to melt right while it's mid-air.

Teiyos looked back and saw the pair flying off.

"Our friends are leaving."

"Good and it loks like those tendrils are feeding teh fire to it. See how they aren't actually burning anything. maybe their cool enough to smother out."

Teiyos saw where this was going and lifted a large clump of dirt out of the ground and flew over the monsterletting the dirt steadly fall on each of its tendrils cutting them in half. Once cut the tendrils disspated and eventually the creature began to fade once its fuel source was cut off. Teiyos landed with a ssigh and let the rest of the earth fall to the ground.

"This is definitely (with an I, not an A) Martin's work. Its ingulfed over half of the forest. However the flames are beginning to die down."

Goliath sat down wearily and watched as the Gecko dissipated letting out a sigh of relief.

"Alright now let go to the village."

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Yan had already left and wa headed for the library, she saw the creature above her but didn't take head of it or its rider. Martin stepped out looking rather dissapointed just as Yan got back.

"Did you have fun?"

"A little, it seems Goliath and Teiyos but out your fire."

Martin shrugged offhandedly.

"Who cares. It wasn't supposed to last long anyways. How much damage did it do?"

Yan growled unhappily.

"Enough, and it did reach the village in under twenty minutes."

Martin snickered.

"Well then. No prepayed food for you tonight looks like you will have to rough it."

He He mounted Yan and then trotted through the village heading for the exit.

The winged ice serpent landed down on a clearing, away from the fire. It howled lowly as it become ice dust. Waruana climbed down from it, and stared at the smoke from far away. I must be going now... she thought, and begun to walk away when she noticed a little piece of paper on the ground. What would be it? She picked it up, and stared at it.

"Shouldn't we check on the pair from earlier?"

Goliath shook his head.

"No. I am sure they can handle themselves."

Goliath and Teiyos heard the low howl and paused for a moment.

"Suppose it lived?"

Teiyos shook her head.

"It was melting pretty fast but it probably got her safely away. I still say we whould check on her to make sure she didn't plummet to the ground."

Goliath shook his head again and stood up walking towards the village.

"No. Leave her alone she was fine. Besides i need to stop at the local library."

Teiyos growned.

"You can't be seriouse you spend hours at those places."

"I am seriouse now comon."

"Ugggghh....your soo dull sometimes!"

The pair marched to the village and the local library.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yan rounded a corner and saw a girl looking at a piece of paper. She walked past the girl like it was nothng to her, Martin was snoozing away on her back. They continued down the street headless of those around them.

"You, who forgot your past and name. Follow those instructions and find the place, if you want to find it." Waruana read the piece of paper. It was also written:

"Black and green,

perhaps full of bugs.

Ghostly, but still solid,

is it impossible to go up all the way?

It may look heavily guarded,

and it is: by an invisible bird."

Waruana kept thinking about that. It looked like the description of a place, but she didn't know what it was. Putting the paper on one of her pockets, she walked away, looking for any possible thing that fit that description, though for her it looked like a riddle.

Velsor slowly opened his eyes and looked up, "Can that place still exist...?" he said to himself and opened his wings wide, he roared and quickly took off high into the sky.

Salar watched from below as Velsor flew off, "Wonder where he's going in such a rush..." Salar said quietly and began to follow him.

_____

Velsor suddenly span and turned heading high into the sky disappearing into the clouds as he flew over the sea.

Salar glared angrily, "Gah, lost him!" he said and turned back towards the forest, "Guess I'll wait for him to come back..." he said.