QueenSmudge

Sorting your scroll

How do you sort your scroll?  

795 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I just recently custom sorted all my dragons. It took a while, but I did it. xd.png

I kinda sorted them according to my favorite sprites. I put my rares/holidays/favorites on top. :>

I always use the alternate custom sort, but I tend to put them in color order anyways (or what it should be in my head xd.png )

Alt-sort, but I voted custom sort. ><;

Custom rainbow.

For the most part I use custom sort for small adjustments, alt-sort & legacy sort for major adjustments like resorting my entire scroll.

I'm in the middle of reorganizing my scroll at the moment, but here is roughly how my scroll is organized, or is going to be organized.

-eggs

-growing hatchlings

-recently grown adults that haven't been moved to their new spots yet

-some of my favorite dragons

(favorite breeding group surrounded by favorite frozen hatchlings)

-dragons in my two main lineage projects

(mated pairs of the first project separated by frozen hatchlings, then the pairs that are in both breeding projects, then placed between special project marker dragons, the rest of the dragons of the second project sorted for the most part by first, mated pairs separated by frozen hatchlings, then the rest of the project dragons sorted by color, & within those color groups by generation for those that have pure bred lines, with the non-pure bred after them.)

-clusters of frozen hatchlings that I can use to separate breeding pairs,

-random breeding pairs separated by frozen hatchlings

-then the rest of the dragons separated by color & within the colors, by age or breeding pairs

-then the ones that I haven't figured out where to place in the color scheme,

-then the ones with quirky codes that I haven't figured out how to name yet

-then the unbreedables

Breed, it puts frozens in their category, and egg and unfrozens at the top, while keeping it organized. As you get more eggs, custom sort will become difficult.

it seemed for and I useing all custom sort and I amkeing linge age project >.> seem hard for me to do it >.>

When the rainbow sort first came out, some of the order seemed wrong. I started with rainbow sort, then custom sort from there. All new dragons have been custom sorted ever since.

I usually have mine basically on Color Sort, but I switched some things, like my frozen hatchligns are before the adults of the same breed, and the pink males and females are together, and the new release dragons are in there rather than at the top. There's other little differenced too, but those are just examples

I use alternate custom sort, and my scroll is sort-of-basically sorted like so:

Eggs and Hatchies and adults I haven't named yet

Vampires (just 'cause I like them)

Pumpkins

Christmas

V-Day

Rares such as metallics and unbreedables

The Trios and some of their mates

Splits

Stripes

Reds (simply because my CB Stripe's mate is a red and I like them there...)

Blunas & Geodes

Then just... arbitrary commons that are somewhat-color coded.

~Kizz

I custom sort, but they're grouped in the rainbow sort, mostly.

I start off with my Welcome sign and my Clan mother, then the eggs from longest to hatch to lowest, then hatchies from longest to grow to lowest. Following that, I've got my Zombie's son, Iko, beneath him are two frozen chickens and my 3 zombies. Then the holiday dragons in order by the month they come in the year. Valentines > Vamps (And the eggs they've killed)/Pumpkins > Cheers/Yules. After that everything is colour sorted from red down to black. At the end are my dinos :D

I generally hit the Color or Breed Sort button, with hatchlings and eggs up top, then custom sort from there. Since a lot of my dragons don't have names yet, it's hard to tell which to me are 'non-breeding' (dragons of a very high gen or seriously inbred parentage) and which are mated pairs.

Of course, sorting them nameless on the scroll doesn't do me much good when picking out mates... >.>'

I custom sort, normally in order of importance.

Holiday dragons at top, followed by rare and uncommon dragons (in order of rareness).

Then goes the lineages I'm working on and then the rest is just done normally on date (or if I particularly like the dragon it goes higher up)

Custom Sort & I'm always careful not to repeat the colors consecutively.

I am considering how to resort my scroll, now that it have been messed up by the recent changes.

I try to get 8 adults and 1 hatchling of every breed - or 16 adults and 2 hatchlings if they have different sprites.

(Don't ask me why those numbers, I have no idea.. xd.png It will never be finished anyway with new breeds coming all the time)

So I used to have the unfinished breeds at the top of the scroll, and the finished breeds at the buttom. But now that's messed up with the sprite changes...

Maybe I will get some ideas reading this topic... smile.gif

i use the alternate sort order they are in

eggs/hatchies/holiday/rares/alts and dragons you only get only from breeding/seasonals/and then the dragons i like the sprites.

I actually sort from oldest to newest release, up to the point that I don't know, where it is sorted by my thought of rarity. The Adults are above the Hatchlings, and the newer adults/hatchlings are above the old ones. Surprisingly simple, actually.

Custom sort, in a needlessly complicated manner. I tried to sort them by color, but it never worked out. So they're in sorta-rainbow order right now. I primarily sort them into mating pairs. With commons, I put females on the top and males on the bottom, followed by frozen hatchlings they produced (if they have any yet). With rares, the rare goes on top, and the common mate goes on the bottom (so my golds and blacks make a black-gold-black-gold pattern, etc.). Dragons without mates go all the way to the bottom, until I can get them mates.

There are other rules that I set based on other circumstances or if I just feel like something would look better a certain way, but it's reeeaaally not worth getting into those. It's all really complicated, but it makes complete sense to me.

Starting out sorting by color, but I'm gonna be swaping to some sort of custom method when I get more adults.

Alternate custom sort. I like my dragons placed just so.

I noticed something funny when sorting today, though. When I got to my Neotropical section, all the icons show is their rears, for both genders. xd.png