QueenSmudge

Sorting your scroll

How do you sort your scroll?  

795 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

hmm... is there any way to manual sort your adult dragons, but still automatically have eggs and unfrozen hatchies together? just I wanted to put breeding pairs together is all, 'cause I keep botching up my breeding and ending up with no eggs... sad.gifhappy.gif

I use Custom Sort.

The way i sort them is by the ammount of dragons i have of each sort. For example, if I have 2 cheese adults, 7 nocturnes and 3 pinks, they would go in this order:

Cheese

Pink

Nocturn

Just check out my scroll if you don't know what i mean. Also, my eggs and growing hatchlings are always at the top until i move them when they grow up.

I used to just have them in a somewhat random order. I'd have dragons of the same breed together but the breeds themselves were just put anywhere.

Today I've used colour sort to sort the majority, with odd ones out at the bottom, rares and events at the top and eggs/hatchies at the very top above those. They're still in their little families though, male/female followed by a frozen hatchling offspring of each species. This new order makes me desperate to round out my collection though, so many single commons on my scroll.

I custom sort mine by breed to make kind of a rainbow... tongue.gif Within the breed, I usually put females above males, and frozen hatchies below the males.

I use the alternate custom sort to put mine the way I want. My scroll is mostly rainbow sorted, but the holiday dragons, papers, cheeses and dinos are all down near the bottom on their own and that's the way I like it. I've also just started a naming project separate from my regular naming scheme, so they're going at the bottom too.

Lately I've just been throwing them wherever I see fit.

But I think my scroll used to be breed sort, then move favourites up to top, then custom sort it.

I sort by rarity, with the occasional showcase at the top, with those that aren't defined, and my first dragon

Growth, because I like my adults in the date order and my frozen hatchie song project is then at the bottom in order.

Custom sorted... usually using the "alternate" since it's less scrolling to move dragons.

My eggs and hatchlings are at the top, bracketed by Guardians and Whites, followed by breeding pairs, then "single" dragons.

I have too many dragons... xd.png it is hard to keep track of them all.

I prefer to use Alternate custom sort because my scroll is starting to grow quite large and it takes forever to move a dragon from the top to where I want it using normal custom sort.

As for what my custom sort is... well it's a bit complicated xd.png. From top to bottom it goes like this: eggs and unfrozen hatchlings, Prized collectible lineage dragons ("collectible" meaning DF, Red Sox, Thuwed, Dusk, Hex, etc. basically ones that have loose rules and get added trade value), rare dragons, uncommon dragons, Non-prized collectible dragons, commons, non-collectable lineage dragons, duplicate frozens, nameholding frozens.

Within the non-lineage categories the dragons are organized by breed (though the breeds themselves are in no particular order), within the breed they are organized by frozen hatchlings and adults, among the adults they are arranged males top females bottom (not trying to symbolize anything here, just keeping organized), among the frozens, ungendered top, gendered bottom.

The lineage categories are arranged... differently, a little less organized. Among the prized category they're arranged by my personal value of them, but also somewhat to breed and specific lineage. Within the less valuable collectable lineages category, it's organized the same way as the non-lineage categories. With the non-collectable lineages they're organized by lineage, and within the lineages they're organized the same as the other categories.

It's a bit chaotic but I know where everything is and (bit of vainity here) all my best dragons are shown at the top so they're what people always see first when looking up my scroll tongue.gif. I don't think it's very convenient for those who ask breeding requests of me though xd.png.

I custom sort my scroll by Releases, favorites at top of each :3

The originals are at the bottom and then higher up are the newer dragons, I like my scroll sorted that way, the only ones that aren't by release are my Vamps (Since I like them close to the top) and my Seasonal (For pure sake of they look good in a set.)

I use Custom sort, and I feel so bad that I-ll have to use Legacy Custom sort as soon as I reach 250 dragons, because I think I'm better at dragging dragons from place to place.

I use custom sort.

i sort it according my style.

you all can take a look if you all want. laugh.gif

I use (like most people here) the custom sort.

I organize my dragons according to their colour and breed. On the bottom of my scroll there are my rare breeds. *^-^* I know they should be more "topwards", but I kinda like it that way.. laugh.gif

I use the rainbow as base, and work my own thing from there.

Mine are custom sorted by when I got a particular breed, the first dragon I got is at the bottom, with any more of that breed I get later above them. Then growing hatchlings and eggs t the very top.

I've always used custom sort.

Usually I just wait for my eggs and hatchies to grow, and until then, they are at the very top.

Below them, would be my lineage grays. Below those, Holiday (With Vamps dividing the Valentines from the Christmas), Below those, Rares.

And below rares, commons.

Below commons, just a black hatchie project.

Totally custom. I try to vary sizes and colors of the dragons, but also sort within categories, like all my stripes are in one place, all my event dragons (by year) in another, and the seasonals are together as well. Adults flank the babies.