QueenSmudge

Sorting your scroll

How do you sort your scroll?  

795 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I have mine grouped like this:

1. dragons for my scroll goal (by breed in order of when I first got the breed)

2. the chicken army (technically a scroll goal)

3. Seasonal Lineage Projects

4. random name-reserve hatchies and breeding stuff like ThuDusk, Dorkface, etc.

~~The order of stuff in section 4 changes around a lot as I get some new stuff and toss some old, but in general things are subgrouped here by what I intend to do with them. Mates are often next to each other, lineages usually stay together, stuff I just keep to breed as trading material is together, and stuff I intend to breed and then kill [for a cleaner lineage] is off by itself. There's also a tiny spot for things I've been gifted, valuable or not, so that I remember not to toss those when I clean my scroll.

5. BSA armies red, pink, magi, and vampire

6. frozen nocturnes for the [mostly abandoned] Hell Gate project

I don't think I've seen anyone arrange theirs quite like mine, and it requires manually numbering the customsort... but I like it. It suits me, and things are easy for me to find.

Edited by ArynChris

At the moment, completely random. Well, aside from eggs/hatchlings being at the top. In the future I plan to organize my dragons by breed, but I'm still undecided.

I use Alternate Custom Sort to make a rainbow (I don't use the DC rainbow).

^Same here. i put my frozen hatchies at the end, though, and i use a dragon whose code is ZEus to separate my ordered dragons from the just grown up dragons :3

Entirely by breed, except for the frozen hatchlings.

I put all the most useful BSAs at the top, along with the dragons I breed the most (metallics and such).

I also usually place the mates of the dragons I breed the most alongside them. It makes it easier to remember who is paired to who, although it messes up my organization.

Frozen hatchlings are mostly hidden at the bottom, except for my favorites, which I stick around the middle.

By breeding pairs. I start with the matching breeding pairs at the top (same breed) and then go down to the mismatched pairs, followed by my *specials* (ones that don't breed), and then the ones that I'm still hunting mates for on the bottom. Cause I generally always use the same mate for a dragon, unless I'm replacing an inbred mate, or the mate no longer breeds (like a frill mated with my valentine).

I sort manually after rarity.

On top eggs and hatchlings, then my lettle tree, the zombie and the Holiday dragons. Followed by my GoN and Metallics. Then come the unbreedables, the trios, alts, discontiued breeds. Then the special lineaged ones (Seasonal lineage project, Low gen Dorks and thuweds). Then the uncommons and commons.

I do it by favorites/breed. Like i put my eggs/hatchlings first, then my rares, then my favorite dragons, and then the rest. I put each breed by their own breed. smile.gif I have alot.png of breeds that i only have 1 of, but i'll work on that, when im not all into trading and nothing special is out. tongue.gif

I have a custom breed sort. All of my seasonals are near the top, sorted by gen and breeding pairs. the breeds are mostly together, the ones i care about are mostly sorted by gen. The space chickens get to have the entire bottom of my scroll to themselves for their evil planning purposes.

Custom. Eggs/hatchies at the top for quick access, Rares next so they're more convenient for breeding. Then it's just by breed, sorted by when I got the first member of that type.

Topics have been merged.

Edited by _Z_

I use custom sort to put dragons by the Lineage Group I'm using them and then by project within those groups. It's kind of confusing to other people looking at my scroll, but if I can look and know what it is then that's all that matters.

I'm not sure what I do EXACTLY - it started by breed, and I THINK reverse sorting, at that - then I put the Leetle at the top, then I sorted males and females, and then I decided to put all the vamps at the bottom of my scroll, as I rarely need to look at them. And when I get deadies I put them down among the vamps, just because I can ! LOVE those little tiles for sorting.

Alt Custom Sort, with my favorite breeds at the top, my rares at bottom, etc. I use Legacy when I need to go head counting. xd.png

I use alternate custom sort.

I'm not sure these two topics really ought to have been merged... one is about which sort tool you use, but the newer is about how you group your dragons, whether by lineage type or by breed. You can say you use alternate custom sort and thereby answer the first thread's poll, but that doesn't even touch on the second thread's discussion.

I use regular drag-and-drop custom sort. It's not always the easiest option, but this way I know exactly where the dragon will be when I save. No resorting because I suck at counting ;p

My sort order is a combination of breed, date caught, gender, favorite, ones I breed frequently, and Holidays-near-the-top.

I never ever separate breeds, and it's always:

male

male hatchling

female

female hatchling

(when applicable)

I also tend to keep similar colors apart when I can, but release date tends to have priority over that (Cheese, albino, ochre, and pygmy all have a similar color, but they all released at the same time, so they're next to each other on my scroll).

Mine is sort of...complicated tongue.gif

Edited by FireAngel73

By date. I like to see my dragons in the order I caught them.

I have mine sorted by breed smile.gif then I use the dragon and drop sorting to have them like the old way was when you had them sorted by breed. This way all my boys and girls stay apart. I also put all my cbs togeather by breed they are sortered into as well ((sometimes they are down at the bottem it all depends on how meany I have tongue.gif)). My lettel tree at the very tip top.

WB

Edited by Wolfs_Bane

I sort my scroll by it's breed bust sometimes I use custom.

Custom, in an ascetically pleasing way. tongue.gif

I like to have balance and grouping, yet still maintain a level of, "What order are these in, anyway?"

Currently I'm using Reversed Date sort. So when new dragons grow up or when I freeze hatchlings, they appear on top. I'm choosing it since it's easy to use and I think dragons look pretty with different breeds c: (I'm also too lazy to create a new custom sort)

Color sort, using custom sort to order mixed breeds & moving them to different places.

Edited by Bamboomonkey